+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 6.1 Could Be On Track to being the Fastest Adopted iOS Yet

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
the reason is jailbreak will be relase the same day as 6.1
    Thanks

the reason is jailbreak will be relase the same day as 6.1

Green Apple
    Thanks

Anybody know if PwnTunes is going to work right off the bat? That is my favorite jailbreak app because at least I can drag-n-drop music/pictures/files from my iPhone like a USB drive. I have not figured an easy way to move pictures from my iPhone 5 (6.1).

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThuD Muffin View Post
    Fixed iTunes Match = complete reason to upgrade!

Well that and upcoming jailbreak =)
    Did they fix the explicit songs being replaced with a clean version?

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    Then there are people that like me went to IOS6.1 and found out that most of the apps you jailbreak for dont work so you downgrade back to 5.1.1
    Hopefully after the 6.1 jailbreak is released those apps will be updated then there might be a reason to update again.
    Which apps don't work that you know of?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Lets see ... 6.1 announced and a jailbreak announced the same day .. and suddenly 6.1 is doing so much better than 6.0 or 6.01 =) I wonder why that might be ...

There's an advantage to letting the users jailbreak their devices Apple..

Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    Then there are people that like me went to IOS6.1 and found out that most of the apps you jailbreak for dont work so you downgrade back to 5.1.1
    Hopefully after the 6.1 jailbreak is released those apps will be updated then there might be a reason to update again.
    There's only one app I jailbreak for really and that's the FolderEnhancer app .. until Apple gets folders right I'll always be a jailbreaker.. I also do like to ssh into the device to screw around with apps now and then .. but generally I'm ok with my device minus the crappy folder implementation
    Last edited by oneduality; 01-31-2013 at 06:33 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to oneduality For This Useful Post:

aidanharris (01-31-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    That's been around since 5.0 though.
    True...but like any technology it takes a while for the masses to really be comfortable with it. While it was available on 5.0, people were so used to plugging in their phone to update it they just kept doing it out of habit. Now that OTA updating has been around for a little over a year people are becoming comfortable with the idea.

That's just my hypothesis.

I mainly just refuse to believe that the 5-10% of the population who wants to jailbreak accounts for the high rate of adoption of 6.1.

Thanks

What I want to know is how this 6.1 release is a) worthy to be called 6.1 and b) why bug fixes & improvements are being updated so quickly. If you ask me Apple was trying to be clever since the jailbreak devs said they were waiting for iOS 6.1since it would likely include a lot of more features Apple decided to release it with nothing but bug fixes & improvements. iOS 6.1 is basically the same as its betas from what I've heard...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Conspiracy Keanu wonders:

What if Apple deliberately leaves well-hidden exploitables in iOS hoping to extend job offers to the brightest and best hackers and coders?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor64 View Post
    i feel the same way i feel trapped right now man a stock iphone is so boring and its like its made for a little kid bro *must hold on for jailbreak!!!!!*
    I agree!! It is designed for kids who have no clue how to work electronics or know what they like is how I feel. Hell we pay hundreds of dollars/ couple of grand, counting the contracts, for these damn things so we should do with them as we wish. I feel like we should be screaming, " Heil Apple!" Lol

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12