+ Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pod2g Announces the evasi0n iOS 6 Jailbreak - Coming Soon!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by aidanharris What I meant by that was if Cydia isn't uploading them (which seems to be the case) then they can be done manually. Just offering a
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,019 Times in 6,925 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aidanharris View Post
    What I meant by that was if Cydia isn't uploading them (which seems to be the case) then they can be done manually. Just offering a solution to the problem since my 4S is missing a few too:
    Yes, we know what you meant. I already stated you can save them with tiny umbrella or redsnow (and redsnow has the handy upload to cydia feature you mention). We were just trying to say that you should not trust cydia to automatically save your SHSH everytime. Always best to save them yourself as well.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    No, since no one has Cydia on their iPhone 5 yet it would be impossible for the 5 to have any Cydia saved blobs since Cydia has to be "on the phone" for them to get automatically saved. And with a jailbreak that works on 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2 and 6.1 - there will never be any need to have 6.0-->6.0.2. You'd never need to downgrade to them.
    Cydia has my SHSH for my iPhone 5. Using the method aidanharris mentioned above with redsnow. I uploaded my SHSH weeks ago for it. Which is why using tiny umbrella the other day I was still able to save my 6.0.2 SHSH locally even though Apple stopped signing them. I just got them from cydia.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,712 Times in 4,399 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    My 4s only has 6.0.1 for example. I have 10 devices, and some are missing some.
    Well - oops.. My 4S 'is' missing 6.0.2 now that I look again... But the main point is - that any 'main jailbreakable' iOS that I've ever needed has been backed up automatically by Cydia. None of us will ever need 6.0.2 again for any practical reasons. The point it - the TinyUmbrella 'hurry up' thing, TO ME, is too hyped.

Thanks

And even if Cydia does miss one - it would likely never miss a jailbreakable main iOS - like 5.1.1 or 6.1. In short my experience teaches me that for 95% of us this doesn't need to be a worry.
    If you see my 3GS example above cydia missed the 4.3.3 SHSH for it. 4.3.3 was an important SHSH to have at the time since 4.3.4 and 4.3.5 never received untethered jailbreaks.

Well - oops.. My 4S 'is' missing 6.0.2 now that I look again... But the main point is - that any 'main jailbreakable' iOS that I've ever needed has been backed up automatically by Cydia. None of us will ever need 6.0.2 again for any practical reasons. The point it - the TinyUmbrella 'hurry up' thing, TO ME, is too hyped.
    No, it's not. 6.0.2 was only for iPhone 5 and iPad Mini remember.

Not hyped at all. It is the safe and prudent thing to do. Always better to be safe then sorry.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Not hyped at all. It is the safe and prudent thing to do. Always better to be safe then sorry.
    I never used to do it and doubt there will be much use for SHSH blobs on A5/A5X/A6 devices unless there is going to be another re-restore feature in RedSn0w. I never used to do it though and as a result I have no 5.0 SHSH even though I'm sure I jailbroke it not that this matters much.

Thanks

Cydia has my SHSH for my iPhone 5. Using the method aidanharris mentioned above with redsnow. I uploaded my SHSH weeks ago for it. Which is why using tiny umbrella the other day I was still able to save my 6.0.2 SHSH locally even though Apple stopped signing them. I just got them from cydia.
    Ah - okay, Simon! This is huge! You always educate me a little further. It's very good to know we can upload ("now-older") SHSH's for a current un-jailbreakable device before the signing window closes on those older ones. BUT - my point still stands - that you'd never need the older ones once a jailbreak is promised out. I tend to see the "back up SHSH quick!" warnings before a jailbreak is ready to drop. So in this case - people saving their 6.0.2 blobs is a total waste - since you'd never need them ever again after 6.1 drops. NOW - when 6.1.1 is on the horizon - check Cydia and if it hasn't already saved 6.1 - then by all means manually get them to Cydia with the Redsn0w method.

Thanks for the education --- again.. ;-/

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,829 Times in 6,148 Posts

I always save them manually just to be safe. You can never state that you won't need them in the future, as you just never know, until you need it and don't have it.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aidanharris View Post
    I never used to do it and doubt there will be much use for SHSH blobs on A5/A5X/A6 devices unless there is going to be another re-restore feature in RedSn0w. I never used to do it though and as a result I have no 5.0 SHSH even though I'm sure I jailbroke it not that this matters much.
    Yup, you are helping to prove the point to newdestiny that cydia is not infallible. Always best to do it yourself as well.
    I agree, we don't know yet how much use SHSH will be on a iPhone 5 but it is better to have them than not have them, just in case a situation like the 5.1.1 re-restores presents itself again.

Thanks

Yes, when iOS5 first came out people were saying that the blobs were useless because of the aptickets. But look what happened there.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

Thanks

We must donate!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Assassination For This Useful Post:

aidanharris (01-31-2013), NewdestinyX (01-31-2013)

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't want to change your mind. Just don't want you going around MMi telling people don't worry, cydia will save you.
    Agreed. Never rely on automated processes. Things can always go wrong. Best to do it yourself.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-31-2013), Simon (01-31-2013)

Thanks

3 words:

Backup - Backup - Backup

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

aidanharris (01-31-2013), Simon (01-31-2013)

Thanks

3 words:

Backup - Backup - Backup
    So what your really saying is:

Make a backup, make a backup of your backup, make a backup of your backup you made a backup of :P

16. The Following User Says Thank You to aidanharris For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-31-2013)

Thanks

What was the topic? Oh yeah, I see!
    Only a little bit of time left now, gang! I'm so excited I could just, well, spit…
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

The great debate can continue here: The Great Debate

Any other posts in here should be about the jailbreak.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (01-31-2013)

Thanks

On topic: One of the Evad3rs team members had REAL life to deal with with a downed tree in his yard. Couldn't work on our jailbreak. But I guess THEMS the BREAKS.. for us..
    Last edited by Simon; 01-31-2013 at 12:40 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,524 Times in 2,377 Posts

On topic: One of the Evad3rs team members had REAL life to deal with with a downed tree in his yard. Couldn't work on our jailbreak. But I guess THEMS the BREAKS.. for us..
    Really?

Anyway, who has been refreshing the pages like a maniac all day. Sometimes on my days off I'm really unproductive. Can't wait for this.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

Yeah pimskeks. But that doesn't mean pod2g or musclenerd or planet being can't help finish right?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Yeah pimskeks. But that doesn't mean pod2g or musclenerd or planet being can't help finish right?
    Oh I SURE hope so!!!

Thanks

It seems the website is currently down. Page overload maybe ??

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Merman123 View Post
    It seems the website is currently down. Page overload maybe ??
    Some are saying there uploading the program? Would they let it go under maintenance? For what reason would hackers have their jailbreak site down for? Has it to be the jailbreak