+ Reply
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple Updates iTunes Remote App for iOS

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple has launched an update to their optional iTunes Remote application, which is available from the App Store as a free download. The application allows users to control the music
...
  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,795
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked 980 Times in 722 Posts

    Default Apple Updates iTunes Remote App for iOS


    Apple has launched an update to their optional iTunes Remote application, which is available from the App Store as a free download. The application allows users to control the music on their computer through iTunes right from their iOS device, whether it is an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, over their home Wi-Fi network.

    Reviews for the application tanked after the iOS 6.1 software update, which came out earlier this week. According to reviews, users have been unable to pair the Remote application to their computers after updating to iOS 6.1 on multiple types of iOS devices.

    Today’s update includes multiple stability improvements, including a fix for the issue plaguing iOS 6.1 users. We can confirm that the linking process and Remote application now work correctly with today’s Remote application update.

    In addition, the update improves search results, rating songs, sorting podcasts, and fixes other general stability in the application as well. If you want to grab the iTunes Remote application from the App Store, you can grab it for free from this link. If you already have the application, you'll find the update under the Updates tab in the App Store.

    Sources: App Store

  2. #2
    *T*
    *T* is offline
    Grumpy *T*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Turn around slowly...
    Posts
    670
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked 48 Times in 39 Posts

    How come the default iOS music app has no features of the desktop edition?

  3. #3
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,795
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked 980 Times in 722 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    How come the default iOS music app has no features of the desktop edition?
    Probably because it's mobile.

  4. #4
    iPhoneaholic AUZambo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    469
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 38 Times in 28 Posts

    I'm running 6.1 and haven't yet updated my remote app. It worked with Apple TV perfectly last night.

    I haven't tried it with my computer yet...and I likely never will since I have an AppleTV.

  5. #5
    What's Jailbreak? thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,946
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 1,768 Times in 836 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    I'm running 6.1 and haven't yet updated my remote app. It worked with Apple TV perfectly last night.

    I haven't tried it with my computer yet...and I likely never will since I have an AppleTV.
    LOL! I didn't know it could be used for anything but an Apple TV!

  6. #6
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    377
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 51 Times in 40 Posts

    The only thing I want Apple to add to Remote would be for me to turn Airplay on my iMac from my phone, or even just the Apple TV, so I don't have to run all the way upstairs to my iMAc if I want to view the screen on my TV downstairs.

    This seems like such a no-brainer I can't understand why it's not possible and why more people don't complain about it.

  7. #7
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    609
    Thanks
    834
    Thanked 447 Times in 234 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Probably because it's mobile.
    because they lack innovation

  8. #8
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,795
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked 980 Times in 722 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor64 View Post
    because they lack innovation
    Have you tried to fit several controls on a small screen before? It's very hard, if not nearly impossible to do without destroying the usability of an app.

    iMovie, iPhoto, Garageband, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and much more large iOS apps also cannot do what the desktop versions can do because of the lack of screen space. There's not enough canvas.

  9. #9
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    609
    Thanks
    834
    Thanked 447 Times in 234 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Have you tried to fit several controls on a small screen before? It's very hard, if not nearly impossible to do without destroying the usability of an app.

    iMovie, iPhoto, Garageband, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and much more large iOS apps also cannot do what the desktop versions can do because of the lack of screen space. There's not enough canvas.
    lol i wonder how many times that very same thing was told to jobs that aw man thats impossible!!! gimme a break just because the screen is small doesnt mean you have to sacrifice u just have to innovate my friend and in this case maybe they need to come up with new ways to do the same thing where is your imagination? not enough canvas you say....bah i say innovation my friend the lifeblood of the tech industry is needed u dissapoint me anthony

  10. #10
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,795
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked 980 Times in 722 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor64 View Post
    lol i wonder how many times that very same thing was told to jobs that aw man thats impossible!!! gimme a break just because the screen is small doesnt mean you have to sacrifice u just have to innovate my friend and in this case maybe they need to come up with new ways to do the same thing where is your imagination? not enough canvas you say....bah i say innovation my friend the lifeblood of the tech industry is needed u dissapoint me anthony
    Six of the examples I gave you are of Apple's own doing.

    Okay, then.

  11. #11
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    609
    Thanks
    834
    Thanked 447 Times in 234 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Six of the examples I gave you are of Apple's own doing.

    Okay, then.
    lol calm down my friend i realize u dont understand its ok sometimes you have to look past what they have given you and look at what could be...
    Last edited by Feanor64; 01-31-2013 at 12:04 AM.

  12. #12
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    The only thing I want Apple to add to Remote would be for me to turn Airplay on my iMac from my phone, or even just the Apple TV, so I don't have to run all the way upstairs to my iMAc if I want to view the screen on my TV downstairs.

    This seems like such a no-brainer I can't understand why it's not possible and why more people don't complain about it.
    You mean like, play a video in iTunes on your iMac and display it on your Apple TV and do this with the remote app?
    That's actually absolutely possible. Just activate sharing in your iMacs iTunes and choose it with the remote. You can start the video via remote app and choose your Apple TV via Airplay. Totally easy.

  13. #13
    iPhoneaholic aidanharris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    344
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 63 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Have you tried to fit several controls on a small screen before? It's very hard, if not nearly impossible to do without destroying the usability of an app.

    iMovie, iPhoto, Garageband, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and much more large iOS apps also cannot do what the desktop versions can do because of the lack of screen space. There's not enough canvas.
    I don't mean to start an argument here but nearly all of the apps you have noted above look exactly the same on an iPhone and an iPad that is what I don't like since the iPad has plenty of room for desktop-like features but most are just exactly the same as the iPhone or iPod only with updated graphics so that they do not look so blurry...

  14. #14
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,795
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked 980 Times in 722 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor64 View Post
    lol calm down my friend i realize u dont understand its ok sometimes you have to look past what they have given you and look at what could be...
    Sure.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts