Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Planetbeing Hopes to Release iOS 6.1 Untethered Jailbreak After About a Week

Default Planetbeing Hopes to Release iOS 6.1 Untethered Jailbreak After About a Week

Ever since the official public release of iOS 6.1 yesterday, the iOS hacker team, known as evad3rs, has been hard at work in debugging and building a jailbreak method. It was confirmed that the public version of iOS 6.1 was jailbreak safe, and that the iOS 6.1 untethered jailbreak would include over 22 variants of iOS devices including the new iPhone 5, iPad Mini, iPod touch 5G, and latest iPad with retina display.

Planetbeing, part of the evad3rs iOS hacking team, has come forward early Tuesday morning saying that he hopes the iOS 6.1 untethered jailbreak will be ready after about a week. As expected, he says there’s always the possibility that it could come sooner or later, depending on their luck and progress.

MuscleNerd also hinted on Monday that something special might surface on Super Bowl Sunday. Perhaps the iOS 6.1 untethered jailbreak? No one knows for sure yet.

Planetbeing also says that there’s no rush to get your devices to iOS 6.1 just yet, however if you want to be prepared for the inevitable, you can update right now if you want to. Be sure to update through iTunes instead of OTA (over the air) updating. Planetbeing recommends a full restore to iOS 6.1.

TinyUmbrella was also updated with iOS 6.1 support so you can save your iOS 6.1 SHSH blobs – alternatively, you can also use redsn0w. The blobs aren't very useful at this point in time, but they may turn up useful in the future.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-29-2013 at 11:51 AM. Reason: cleared up possible grammar confusion

As much as I'd like it to be sooner, we've waited this long I think we can wait 5-6 more days :P

My iPhone 5 can't wait

^^ word, i got my ipod4g, iphone 4s, ipad mini and my girls iphone 4 waiting for jb, also if the jb works on my atv2 too, musclenerd mentioned on twitter, wooooop woooooooop

Quote Originally Posted by regkilla View Post
    My iPhone 5 can't wait
    + 1

Me and mine are waiting ever so patiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Ever since the official public release of iOS 6.1[/url] yesterday, iOS hacker team evad3rs has been hard at work
    Ever since yesterday? Seriously, it's been a few hours not a few years.

evad3rs are a group of multiple people with plural name so it should be evad3rs have been, not evad3rs has been.

I swear the quality of writing here deteriorates by the day…

7. The Following User Says Thank You to baRRy boRRis For This Useful Post:

aidanharris (01-29-2013)

I never donated for a JB but I am this time. This is the longest I've gone without a JB and I really miss my paid apps. Specifically PWNtunes. I HATE ITUNES AND MOVING PICTURES OFF MY i5 IS DAMN NEAR IMPOSSIBLE.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by baRRy boRRis View Post
    Ever since yesterday? Seriously, it's been a few hours not a few years.

evad3rs are a group of multiple people with plural name so it should be evad3rs have been, not evad3rs has been.

Better pull that english book out. Remove the description evad3rs and you will see that the subject is team. Team is singular, therefore, the verb has is correct.

If he left out the word team, then you would be correct, but he did not.
    Last edited by Murphdog; 01-29-2013 at 03:25 AM.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Murphdog For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (01-29-2013), Donnutt (01-29-2013), Mc-Lovin_341 (01-29-2013), mortopher (01-29-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone norfskate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Murphdog View Post
    Better pull that english book out. Remove the description evad3rs and you will see that the subject is team. Team is singular, therefore, the verb has is correct.

If he left out the word team, then you would be correct, but he did not.
    Haha! Yass! Geet it roond yi!

:-)

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

The only thing I'm concerned about is if the amount of jb tweaks that are compatible with iPhone 5. I see there's a lot of ios 6 support but not iPhone 5 support. As a matter of fact there quite a few of the more popular tweaks that say NOT iPhone 5 ready, but iOS 6 ready. I'm sure now that this is dropping the devs will begin getting the tweaks updated as well I'm sure we will see a crazy amount of new tweaks surfacing.

WELL THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!!

iPad mini, meet cydia!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,156 Times in 1,355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttamix View Post
    iPad mini, meet cydia!
    +10000

Quote Originally Posted by buttamix View Post
    iPad mini, meet cydia!
    Hahahaha +1

Thanks

Super Bowl + possible JB release. Wow, this could be a very exciting time.

I thought the jailbreak was ready Cant wait!

What's the benefit of a full restore to 6.1 over just updating? I updated yesterday. Do I really need to go through the hassle of a restore?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colin9001's Avatar
    Thanks

First thing I wanna install is dream board.. Never had an ios device with the ram capabilities

Now I've got my new iPod touch five :>

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    What's the benefit of a full restore to 6.1 over just updating? I updated yesterday. Do I really need to go through the hassle of a restore?
    Not to sure. Don't think it will hurt. But ya can always just do a full restore.

Its that feeling again... Just like when i was waiting for my iphone 5 delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by baRRy boRRis View Post

It's found everywhere, not just on any one board.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast