Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 131

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Planetbeing Hopes to Release iOS 6.1 Untethered Jailbreak After About a Week

  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Planetbeing says it's "okay" to.

    I recommend just setting up as a new phone personally. That is what I did. I have a lot of configurations on my iPhone, lots of e-mail accounts, app settings, and all. I know it can be a pain.
    But how about contacts and notes... Do u still lose them if you set the phone as new?? Coz i dont have outlook or anything like that ( i dont have them on my pc, they are only in my backups... )

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    So if you update OTA you lose future signage privileges to downgrade correct?

    Now if that's the case can't we DFU the device and setup as new phone to make it go back to how it was per say...?
    Or am I missing something?
    Correct, and correct.

    If you updated OTA, just DFU restore back to the firmware you're on right now and you'll have everything all set.

    Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
    But how about contacts and notes... Do u still lose them if you set the phone as new?? Coz i dont have outlook or anything like that ( i dont have them on my pc, they are only in my backups... )
    No, I don't lose them. Because iCloud saves that stuff for me. iCloud is great.

  3. #103
    Starbucks Artist mmaboi21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bakersfield CA.
    Posts
    2,405
    Thanks
    163
    Thanked 207 Times in 160 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Correct, and correct.

    If you updated OTA, just DFU restore back to the firmware you're on right now and you'll have everything all set.



    No, I don't lose them. Because iCloud saves that stuff for me. iCloud is great.
    Thanks bro that's what I figured but just needed some clarity. Now if my blobs were saved on 6.1 could I still be setup for success when downgrades are possible? If and whenever that happens?

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    No, I don't lose them. Because iCloud saves that stuff for me. iCloud is great.
    Im sure it it... Unfortunately my "next" backup is about 600Mb and in my country its actually a lot anyway, as long as its "okay" then ill just restore from back up... But thanks

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
    Im sure it it... Unfortunately my "next" backup is about 600Mb and in my country its actually a lot anyway, as long as its "okay" then ill just restore from back up... But thanks
    I've always restored from backup and its never caused me any troubles. It's one of Apple's central and most trustworthy tools. No worries.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Thanks bro that's what I figured but just needed some clarity. Now if my blobs were saved on 6.1 could I still be setup for success when downgrades are possible? If and whenever that happens?
    If your blobs are saved AND you got to your current firmware via iTunes restore (not OTA), then you might be eligible for a downgrade in the future when hackers find a way to do so.

  7. #107
    One more question:
    I ran StifleStand on my iPhone, will this have any bearing on the jailbreak?

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper488 View Post
    One more question:
    I ran StifleStand on my iPhone, will this have any bearing on the jailbreak?
    Nah. It shouldn't. It's just taking advantage of a reversible OS glitch.

  9. #109
    Again, thank ya!!!

  10. #110
    iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    191
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    this cannot come fast enough. my stock i5 is driving me nuts. I need some themes, biteSMS, font changes and other tweaks ASAP!

  11. #111
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,057
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    this cannot come fast enough. my stock i5 is driving me nuts. I need some themes, biteSMS, font changes and other tweaks ASAP!
    Soon enough grasshopper

  12. #112
    Might ride my luck out on 5.1.1 for a while while all the tweaks are updated to ios 6.

  13. #113
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,057
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    You should be good i would think.

  14. #114
    My guess is it will be a brand new tool, with @pimskeks saying ". @planetbeing nice! The GUI is also making progress :-)" if he's working on a brand new GUI, I'm 99% positive it will be a new tool altogether.

  15. #115
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,057
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    That would be pretty cool something new

  16. #116
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    672
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    I cant stop refreshing the news page for jB to show dannnn

  17. #117
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,057
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Cmds187 View Post
    I cant stop refreshing the news page for jB to show dannnn
    Refreshing twitter will be where ya will see it at.

  18. #118
    Ok people. I think this should be a legitimate question.
    I am on i4, 6.0.1, tethered JB and I am sure, not the only one in this world. I hope there will be also something like Rocky Racoon on Cydia, as the last time for 5.1., just to switch from tethered to untethered jailbreak

  19. #119
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    672
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Refreshing twitter will be where ya will see it at.
    Doing that too back and fourth

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Refreshing twitter will be where ya will see it at.
    I'm just flowing @Planetbeing. Is that all I need?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexdakidd View Post
    Might ride my luck out on 5.1.1 for a while while all the tweaks are updated to ios 6.
    Pretty much all themeing tweaks are up to date now. iOS 6 ready.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •