Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Planetbeing Hopes to Release iOS 6.1 Untethered Jailbreak After About a Week

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Gonna be a fun busy day for sure

I have been checking Pod2G, Planetbeing, and Mustlenerd Twitter every 30 min. Just can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Gonna be a fun busy day for sure
    Sure, but who's going to win?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    Sure, but who's going to win?
    Team with more points

Thanks
    Thanked 15,285 Times in 7,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    So is it setup, now, to 'click and jailbreak' or do we still have to go through the DFU steps?
    If you choose the absinthe method with redsnow it is literally one click, press jailbreak and redsnow does the rest. No DFU. Obviously you have to be on 5.1.1 for this though.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,320 Times in 1,027 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    If you choose the absinthe method with redsnow it is literally one click, press jailbreak and redsnow does the rest. No DFU. Obviously you have to be on 5.1.1 for this though.
    Gotcha, so they updated redsn0w to do this! Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    So the issue is when a new jailbreak, for a new iOS, is released - is Greenpois0n or Redsn0w the faster method? I still believe only Greenpois0n has the one click method in that case. Correct me if I'm missing something, guys.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    So the issue is when a new jailbreak, for a new iOS, is released - is Greenpois0n or Redsn0w the faster method? I still believe only Greenpois0n has the one click method in that case. Correct me if I'm missing something, guys.
    They do the same thing, in the same amount of time.

One additional button to choose your jailbreak method isn't going to slow you down, unless you count milliseconds as a legitimate reason to call one faster or slower.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,285 Times in 7,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Gotcha, so they updated redsn0w to do this! Nice!
    Yes, MuscleNerd added this a short time after absinthe came out, uses the same method.

Not to have this hopelessly digress to a grammar war - but you're understanding of grammar isn't 'quote right' there. The truth is either 'has been' or 'have been' are proper depending on the context.

Evad3rs (generally speaking - some nonspecific group) HAVE been...
    Evad3rs (the specific group as a whole) HAS been..

ACtually the 2nd choice there sounds way better to my native English years. And not to prop myself up - as that's uncool - but I'm the administrator/moderator of one of the larger Spanish grammar forums on the net. I know my grammar English and Spanish... But again - not to digress - just had to say it.. lol!!

One other common English mistake is to change the verb to meet the last word said as in - "Each of them HAVE been...." which is 100% incorrect. It can only be - "Each of them HAS been.." - though that's a very common mistake in English even from reasonably educated speakers..

BACK to Jailbreak now..
    You deserve more thanks ( i mean "like" but I'm not sure what u guys use on forums )

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    They do the same thing, in the same amount of time.

One additional button to choose your jailbreak method isn't going to slow you down, unless you count milliseconds as a legitimate reason to call one faster or slower.
    Okay.. Anthony I got you now! So this IS going to be the FIRST time Redsn0w is as easy AT a Jailbreak. It wasn't the case when 5.1.1 JB was initially released. MuscleNerd made the update later.. per what you are saying. I knew I wasn't forgetting the greater ease with GP even at 5.1.1 release.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,320 Times in 1,027 Posts

Okay.. Anthony I got you now! So this IS going to be the FIRST time Redsn0w is as easy AT a Jailbreak. It wasn't the case when 5.1.1 JB was initially released. MuscleNerd made the update later.. per what you are saying. I knew I wasn't forgetting the greater ease with GP even at 5.1.1 release.
    We both learned something today! 👍

So, is this an actual done deal, they found the injection and I can safely update my jailbroke iPad 3 on 5.1.1 to 6.1 now and 6.1 jailbreak is a sure thing???

Thanks

yep good to go all is good

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper488 View Post
    So, is this an actual done deal, they found the injection and I can safely update my jailbroke iPad 3 on 5.1.1 to 6.1 now and 6.1 jailbreak is a sure thing???
    Yup, that's what they said.

Nice!!!

Thanks!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper488 View Post
    Nice!!!

Thanks!!!
    ya welcome

Ok i get everything, full restore update, but is it safe to use the back up from icloud?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jery911 View Post
    Ok i get everything, full restore update, but is it safe to use the back up from icloud?

Thanks
    Planetbeing says it's "okay" to.

I recommend just setting up as a new phone personally. That is what I did. I have a lot of configurations on my iPhone, lots of e-mail accounts, app settings, and all. I know it can be a pain.

Thanks

So if you update OTA you lose future signage privileges to downgrade correct?

Now if that's the case can't we DFU the device and setup as new phone to make it go back to how it was per say...?
    Or am I missing something?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast