+ Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Planetbeing Hopes to Release iOS 6.1 Untethered Jailbreak After About a Week

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    iPhone? More like MyPhone norfskate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baRRy boRRis View Post
    Ever since yesterday? Seriously, it's been a few hours not a few years.

evad3rs are a group of multiple people with plural name so it should be evad3rs have been, not evad3rs has been.

I swear the quality of writing here deteriorates by the day…
    I swear the quality of posts here deteriorates by the day...

:-P

2. The Following User Says Thank You to norfskate For This Useful Post:

Donnutt (01-29-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,039 Times in 6,221 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Sorry to disagree but I loaded the 'official' Twitter feed posted here a couple of days ago. It's the only Twitter feed I have.
    Check it out:

Is that not the real Evaders twitter feed?
    The one you are following only has 1000 followers. The real one has 57k.

You decide!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm just gonna do an OTA update. I've got a new laptop and there is no way in hell that I'm going to restore through iTunes. iTunes is a pain in my butt! Every time I do a restore through iTunes I end up losing files. iTunes software seems to be strict and cranky all the time.

I am sure this will be my last update on my iphone5 anyway, so OTA won't hurt.

Thanks

I will say that from now on I'm not buying a new iPhone until the jailbreak is pending. I sold my iPhone 4 to get the iPhone 5 in October and throughout the last four months I've regretted getting rid of the iPhone 4. I MUCH prefer the jailbroken 4 to the non-JB 5.

Thanks

I have two iPhone 5's, an iPad Mini, and an iPad Retina in my house all patiently waiting. Best of luck to the evad3ers! Thank you guys for your hard work, and we're in the final stretch, so stay strong! We're all pulling for you!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,833 Times in 4,436 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    The one you are following only has 1000 followers. The real one has 57k.

You decide!
    How do you assure yourself of not getting the fake?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,101 Times in 6,940 Posts

By only following the accounts the real devs say are theirs. How did you come to follow this fake one?

Livin the iPhone Life littlelisa63's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,521 Times in 908 Posts

I'm wondering what will be the name of the jailbreak...will it still be absinthe
    Any guess's anyone??

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baRRy boRRis View Post
    Ever since yesterday? Seriously, it's been a few hours not a few years.

evad3rs are a group of multiple people with plural name so it should be evad3rs have been, not evad3rs has been.

I swear the quality of writing here deteriorates by the day…
    You know this isn't the only place to get your news? Instead of PMing the writer to critique you decide to put him on blast and post completely off topic.

I for one am excited for the jailbreak. It's been quite a while for me. I've been on iOS 6 from beta 1 so I haven't been jailbroken for quite some time.

It's been posted all over. I also believe mmi put out a news article on it with direct links to the twitter page
    Last edited by subywrex; 01-29-2013 at 08:52 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    You know this isn't the only place to get your news? Instead of PMing the writer to critique you decide to put him on blast and post completely off topic.

I for one am excited for the jailbreak. It's been quite a while for me. I've been on iOS 6 from beta 1 so I haven't been jailbroken for quite some time.

It's been posted all over. I also believe mmi put out a news article on it with direct links to the twitter page
    It's an easy trap to fall into if you're not careful. The scammers are getting quite good at their profession. You'll find @evad3rs_jb, @evad3rs_team, evad3rs.net, evad3rs_jb.com, etc., all of which are fake, but giving out plausible-looking information. Following MMI is a safe bet if you're unsure.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    I'm just gonna do an OTA update. I've got a new laptop and there is no way in hell that I'm going to restore through iTunes. iTunes is a pain in my butt! Every time I do a restore through iTunes I end up losing files. iTunes software seems to be strict and cranky all the time.

I am sure this will be my last update on my iphone5 anyway, so OTA won't hurt.
    The point is, if hackers ever find a vulnerability in the APTicket system for iOS 6, and you update via OTA, there may not be a way for you to get back on iOS 6.1 in the future when apple stops signing it and you want to restore to a fresh iOS 6.1.

It's your choice, however we recommend playing it safe.

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    I will say that from now on I'm not buying a new iPhone until the jailbreak is pending. I sold my iPhone 4 to get the iPhone 5 in October and throughout the last four months I've regretted getting rid of the iPhone 4. I MUCH prefer the jailbroken 4 to the non-JB 5.
    The slow, terribly inept iPhone 4 is painful to use. I know this, I've been using it as a test device for my jailbreak tweak reviews.

Because pod2g tells you on Twitter who to follow and who not to follow.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-29-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    By only following the accounts the real devs say are theirs. How did you come to follow this fake one?
    I thought I clicked follow after using the link you all posted here. I admit I'm new to Twitter. So I could have done a 'search' in the phone app for Twitter then just followed the one marked official. It had over 1500 followers. Sure thought it was the real deal. Thanks all for setting me straight. I've never had a need for Twitter before now.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,039 Times in 6,221 Posts

If you notice in twitter, the @evad3rs is following 4 people. You want to add these 4 to your follow, as this is where you are going to get your info from.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

I thought I clicked follow after using the link you all posted here. I admit I'm new to Twitter. So I could have done a 'search' in the phone app for Twitter then just followed the one marked official. It had over 1500 followers. Sure thought it was the real deal. Thanks all for setting me straight. I've never had a need for Twitter before now.
    Wasn't me that gave you that link. You must have found them from searching. Don't feel too bad, they duped 1000 other people too lol

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Warning to all T-Mobile iPhone users considering updating from 6.0.2 to 6.1:

Your 3G coverage will be DRASTICALLY diminished!!! I was loving the fact that that my iPhone was FINALLY getting very fast 3G download rates with very good coverage (even faster than friends' 4G speeds). However, after updating via iTunes to 6.1 I noticed that my 3G coveraged sucked!!! I went to see a so-called Genius @ the Apple store (where I purchased the phone) & they did a Deep Firmware Restore... & it's still the same! Anyway, I'm returning this phone & exchanging it for the 6.0.2 version.

Does anyone know if when the 6.1 JailBreak is released if it willl work on 6.0.2???

Thanks~ Joey
    Last edited by jetsetjoey; 01-29-2013 at 09:36 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jetsetjoey View Post
    Warning to all T-Mobile iPhone users considering updating from 6.0.2 to 6.1:
    Your 3G coverage will be DRASTICALLY diminished!!! I was loving the fact that that my iPhone was FINALLY getting very fast 3G download rates with very good coverage (even faster than friends' 4G speeds). However, after updating via iTunes to 6.1 I noticed that my 3G coveraged sucked!!! I went to see a so-called Genius @ the Apple store (where I purchased the phone) & they did a Deep Firmware Restore... & it's still the same! Anyway, I'm returning this phone & exchanging it for the 6.0.2 version.

Does anyone know if when the 6.1 JailBreak is released if it willl work on 6.0.2???

Thanks~ Joey
    Yes, it should work on all 6.0.X firmwares

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What about ipad 2.4 ios 6.0.1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Karesto View Post
    What about ipad 2.4 ios 6.0.1
    Updating to iOS 6.1 will be your best bet. Just update.

Developers will be developing tweaks for iOS 6.1, the latest jailbreakable firmware. Some of these tweaks may not be compatible with older versions of iOS 6.

Thanks

I'm laying bets that this will be another Greenpois0n injector for the 6.1 jailbreak. Anybody wanna bet against me in favor of ReSn0w? Lol!!

Thanks

I'm laying bets that this will be another Greenpois0n injector for the 6.1 jailbreak. Anybody wanna bet against me in favor of ReSn0w? Lol!!
    With MuscleNerd involved, redsn0w will definitely be getting the support.