+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facebook for iOS Updated to Version 5.4, Gets Video Recording, Voice Messages, More

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Looks like Apple aren't the only ones updating things today. Facebook has just released version 5.4 of their iOS application, which includes new features such as the ability to send
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Facebook for iOS Updated to Version 5.4, Gets Video Recording, Voice Messages, More

Looks like Apple aren't the only ones updating things today. Facebook has just released version 5.4 of their iOS application, which includes new features such as the ability to send voice messages to your friends, the ability to record video right from the application, and an improved Nearby tab.

With the new ability to send voice messages to your friends, you’ll find a new Microphone button labeled "Record Voice" in the "+" menu when you’re in a conversation with somebody in the mobile application. This will send the person that you're messaging a voice recording, rather than you needing to type out a message to them:

In addition, Facebook for iOS users can now record and share HD video right from the Facebook application itself, without the need to first record the video via Camera application and then move it to Facebook later on. This eliminates one rather annoying step and Facebook users should find the new feature to feel much more seamless and handy.

Last, but not least, Facebook has improved the Nearby tab in the Facebook for iOS application, so that you can share your favorite places with your friends, family, and co-workers.

Existing users can grab the update from the Updates tab in the App Store. Alternatively, you can download Facebook for iOS for free from this link.

Thanks

Can't record video

Thanks

Hope they fixed the fact that I couldn't post a pic from anywhere but camera roll on my ip5....

Went back to 4.1.10...
    Last edited by xboxbml; 01-28-2013 at 03:57 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Can't record video or voice messages. Just updated too.

iPhone? More like MyPhone carlbgc's Avatar
    Thanks

Uhh yes you can record video and send voice messages.

Thanks

I don't get the option to do voice messages or record videos from within the Facebook messages section either and I am on current version on my iPhone 4.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Open the camera within Facebook and go through the normal motion of taking a picture, down in the bottom left you will see the camera - video toggle, much like the native iOS camera.

Murseman
    Thanks but I've tried as you said on both my iPhone 4 and iPad 3 but that won't pull up. All I get is option to "Attach a Photo" and "Camera" to the right of it with emoticons in the bottom of those 2 buttons.

iPhone? More like MyPhone andygev35's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish they would quit dancing around the broken push notification alert sounds and finally fix them. It's been months since that has worked for me and countless others.

Thanks

Anyone know why I can't post pics from my ip5 from anything other than camera roll?

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't know if this is a new feature or not, but I noticed today that you can also hide posts in the mobile app. I don't remember being able to do that.