+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 58 of 58

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Could We Be Looking At An Untethered iOS 6.1 Jailbreak By This Sunday?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Waiting... waiting.. waiting... bring it on!!!
...
  1. #41
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Waiting... waiting.. waiting... bring it on!!!

  2. #42
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    You guys are buncha nerds im dow loading a jb first!

  3. #43
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,809
    Thanks
    4,189
    Thanked 8,986 Times in 4,507 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveudie View Post
    Why is it not smart to update OTA. Anyone have a real answer to that?
    API Ticket mismatch issues when updating OTA from what the gurus have been saying. I'd never heard of it either.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  4. #44
    Livin the i raduga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,631
    Thanks
    228
    Thanked 94 Times in 85 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Googly2moogly View Post
    You guys are buncha nerds im dow loading a jb first!
    not me

    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    It's done well not done but soon end of the week
    Someone tweeted @musclenerd to ask if they were gonna release today. He say "hell no!"
    Someone tweeted him back to ask if they were gonna release on Sunday. He say nothing.

  5. #45
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,809
    Thanks
    4,189
    Thanked 8,986 Times in 4,507 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    not me



    Someone tweeted @musclenerd to ask if they were gonna release today. He say "hell no!"
    Someone tweeted him back to ask if they were gonna release on Sunday. He say nothing.
    I HIGHLY doubt it's coming Sunday. Since the early 4.x.x jail breaks there's never been a release within 5 days of the next x.x iOS version drop. The injector system needs to be developed. They don't have it yet, if I were a betting man. But BOY do I hope I'm wrong...
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  6. #46
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,061
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 763 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I HIGHLY doubt it's coming Sunday. Since the early 4.x.x jail breaks there's never been a release within 5 days of the next x.x iOS version drop. The injector system needs to be developed. They don't have it yet, if I were a betting man. But BOY do I hope I'm wrong...
    A recent Tweet from @planetbeing suggests that might have already been accomplished:



  7. #47
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,809
    Thanks
    4,189
    Thanked 8,986 Times in 4,507 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    A recent Tweet from @planetbeing suggests that might have already been accomplished:

    Got to the point where we've tested the entire JB process in a PoC command-line program end-to-end. Now to work on polishing the process.— planetbeing (@planetbeing) January 28, 2013
    Great! I follow Planetbeing's Twitter feed..

    Planetbeing's most recent Tweet!! I'm getting more hopeful the injection package is done!

    @planetbeing: In terms of release date, we're aiming for approximately a week out, but it's possible it will come sooner or later than that.”
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-28-2013 at 11:22 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  8. #48

  9. #49
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,290
    Thanks
    41,234
    Thanked 17,400 Times in 6,355 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveudie View Post
    Why is it not smart to update OTA. Anyone have a real answer to that?
    It would only affect a re-restore back to 6.1 if that becomes an option in the future!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  10. #50
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,809
    Thanks
    4,189
    Thanked 8,986 Times in 4,507 Posts

    From Planetbeing this am.

    “@evad3rs_team: if all goes well, iOS 6.1 #jailbreak untethered will go public on sunday plz retweet”
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  11. #51
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,481
    Thanks
    6,785
    Thanked 15,187 Times in 6,971 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    From Planetbeing this am.

    “@evad3rs_team: if all goes well, iOS 6.1 #jailbreak untethered will go public on sunday plz retweet”
    Not that it won't happen but planetbeing hasn't said that. And that's not the evad3rs real twitter account.

    This is what planetbeing has said:
    Could We Be Looking At An Untethered iOS 6.1 Jailbreak By This Sunday?-imageuploadedbymodmyi1359470445.133611.jpg

  12. #52
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,809
    Thanks
    4,189
    Thanked 8,986 Times in 4,507 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Not that it won't happen but planetbeing hasn't said that. And that's not the evad3rs real twitter account.

    This is what planetbeing has said:
    Attachment 620126
    Fair enough. But what I posted is from the official evad3rs twitter feed. Is that one not trustworthy?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-29-2013 at 08:16 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  13. #53
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,481
    Thanks
    6,785
    Thanked 15,187 Times in 6,971 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Fair enough. But what I posted is from the official evad3rs twitter feed. Is that one not trustworthy?
    No, that's not the evad3rs real account. That is a fake account.
    This is the evad3rs real account: https://twitter.com/evad3rs

    The real evad3rs account has not made any tweets yet.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (01-29-2013), NewdestinyX (01-29-2013)

  15. #54
    2k1
    2k1 is offline
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,057
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

    That's been asked a lot. Gotta love them fakers

  16. #55
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,481
    Thanks
    6,785
    Thanked 15,187 Times in 6,971 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    That's been asked a lot. Gotta love them fakers
    Love 'em like I love a leech on my.......arm

  17. #56
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,809
    Thanks
    4,189
    Thanked 8,986 Times in 4,507 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    No, that's not the evad3rs real account. That is a fake account.
    This is the evad3rs real account: https://twitter.com/evad3rs

    The real evad3rs account has not made any tweets yet.
    Okay. Got the real one now. Thanks.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    Simon (01-29-2013)

  19. #57
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    718
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 61 Times in 44 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I HIGHLY doubt it's coming Sunday. Since the early 4.x.x jail breaks there's never been a release within 5 days of the next x.x iOS version drop. The injector system needs to be developed. They don't have it yet, if I were a betting man. But BOY do I hope I'm wrong...
    Did you forget that they could have readied it during the iOS6 beta? The last beta is typically the same as the final release. Even if it weren't, often it would only need a few pointers/memory addresses tweaked as long as the same vulnerability remained.

  20. #58
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,809
    Thanks
    4,189
    Thanked 8,986 Times in 4,507 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    Did you forget that they could have readied it during the iOS6 beta?
    Yes, I understand that. I'm just a student of history - and that hasn't happened before. They had a lengthy beta time with 5.1.. But the injector system took another 6 weeks to prepare. Why? Because you can't test an injector system without the a phone with the final iOS general release on it. Even if beta 5 was the GM (as we've discovered it is for 6.1) they only got it 2 days ago.

    But it looks like, Planetbeing is telling us it'll be out inside a week or so. So they are indeed WAY further along on the injector system for 6.1 than they were at this same juncture for iOS 5.1.

    All good!!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts