+ Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS Hackers Deem iOS 6.1 Jailbreak Safe, Go Ahead and Update Through iTunes

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Simon That's just a setting, so it was brought back by your backup. Okay. Thanks, Simon. I still think I'm going to try the DFU restore and
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,071 Times in 4,562 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    That's just a setting, so it was brought back by your backup.
    Okay. Thanks, Simon. I still think I'm going to try the DFU restore and start from scratch just to be super super sure. Too many of you that I really respect here think it's a good idea so who the heck am I to not do it as well... Just because I haven't had problems in the past doesn't mean there won't be a problem in the future. :-) Plus, there is one thing lingering in my backup that I don't like and I can't figure out how to fix it. No matter what setting I have in the settings app I don't get any outgoing mail sound nor incoming mail sound. They are all set properly in my settings and yet they still don't sound. And no I don't have a "silent" ring tone assigned to them. This one's an issue I've had on my jailbroken 4S and it's transferred to my iPhone 5 stock in a backup.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,228 Times in 6,987 Posts

No prob. Sounds good. Whenever I setup as new to save all my app/game data I use juicephone. It can extract all of that, then I just put it back manually with iPhone explorer. Wouldn't want to lose all my 3 stars in angry birds lol

Thanks

No prob. Sounds good. Whenever I setup as new to save all my app/game data I use juicephone. It can extract all of that, then I just put it back manually with iPhone explorer. Wouldn't want to lose all my 3 stars in angry birds lol
    Are you aware of an App for PC and Mac called iBackUpBot? The.Drifter, one of our star coders over in the themeing threads turned me on to it. He says - that I can get all of my icon positioning data back - unjailbroken too - by saving it in iBackUpBot. Then after the Save as New you can replace the three files:
    DesiredIconState.plist
    IconState.plist
    IconSupportState.plist
    in the folder /var/mobile/Library/Springboard - which iBackUpBot gives you access to to both store and then restore, file by file, to an unjailbroken phone. Were you aware of this tool? It sounds like it could be good advice to forum members, like you not wanting to lose their icon positioning, game and app data. I'll bet Juicephone and iPhoneExplorer probably do the same thing for even icon state. I'm gonna test it right now for icon state. What's the worst that can happen? If I lose my icon state - it's saved the way I want it from my jailbroken 4S and I've SSH'ed those three files to my computer that I can just load back this weekend when we get the new jailbreak. But for FUTURE restores that might be necessary - to stock - it's good to know you can keep SOME file and not others.

Drifter says that iBackUpBot is powerful enough to go find those other files saved by a Backup - that you might NOT want and pluck them out so they don't cause problems in future REstore from Backups that you might want to do. I didn't know there were tools that gave you such access to the file system of a stock phone.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 787 Posts

iExplorer. We can't use the name iPhone Explorer anymore because it may bring up lawsuits!

Thanks

Yup, I know about ibackupbot too. Used it a couple times. Most recently to add battery percentage to my iPod touch 5G (with drifters instructions).
    Juicephone is similar to it. I just prefer to use juicephone because I knew about it first and have used it a few times already, so I am familiar with what I need to do when I setup as new.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    iExplorer. We can't use the name iPhone Explorer anymore because it may bring up lawsuits!
    Lol, right right. iExplorer. Keep forgetting they changed their name. iOS Hackers Deem iOS 6.1 Jailbreak Safe, Go Ahead and Update Through iTunes-imageuploadedbymodmyi1359735177.503622.jpg

Thanks

Yup, I know about ibackupbot too. Used it a couple times. Most recently to add battery percentage to my iPod touch 5G (with drifters instructions).
    Juicephone is similar to it. I just prefer to use juicephone because I knew about it first and have used it a few times already, so I am familiar with what I need to do when I setup as new.
    Some other things I'd like to get back. Will juicephone also give me access for backing up and then restoring of my:
    •Chat sessions
    •App data for my app called Recorder
    •App data for KyCalc - private photo library saved stuff
    •Email accounts

Where do you find the path to app data generally speaking, Simon?

Last question -
    How do you get iTunes' Email Accounts sync window to populate with the accounts on your current device? The accounts listed there are still from my iPhone 3G for some reason.

Thanks!

Thanks

Juicephone extracts it to a folder. It has tons of stuff in there, just do one and you can browse everything. I just use it for application data though. I take the documents and library folders from each app and drag them to the corresponding one in the file system. Using iExplorer is easy for this since it shows all your apps as soon as you open it. No digging in the file system required.
    Ibackupbot has more features I think though. And you sound like you want to put back more than what I normally do.

I just manually setup my emails after a setup as new.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (02-01-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Everything worked for me. I'm successfully on ios 6.1 w a new boot image of w/e and my apps sync w iTunes. Oh and I think my battery life is better. Thanks again!!!

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Wifi still stinks. Think it's my phone. But battery did seem to git a little bit better.

Thanks

Me too -clean DFU install this time - haven't done that in a VERY long time. .. But, using iBackUpBot was able to get my full icon positioning back from last backup and my AppData for Recorder a couple other apps. So now I have a CLEAN Backup of all my stuff that I know isn't polluted with anything I don't want.

EDITED - had one random weirdness with a lockscreen wallpaper not showing up - but that problem disappeared. Don't know what ghostey things there is.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-01-2013 at 06:08 PM.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 787 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mlevine54 View Post
    Everything worked for me. I'm successfully on ios 6.1 w a new boot image of w/e and my apps sync w iTunes. Oh and I think my battery life is better. Thanks again!!!
    Great!

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Wifi still stinks. Think it's my phone. But battery did seem to git a little bit better.
    What's wrong with your Wi-Fi exactly?

+ Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678