Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS Hackers Deem iOS 6.1 Jailbreak Safe, Go Ahead and Update Through iTunes

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,206 Times in 6,601 Posts

Yes
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Quote Originally Posted by mlevine54 View Post
    I updated OTA is that bad???
    Should I do a fresh restore or something
    DFU restore to iOS 6.1 is best.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    DFU restore to iOS 6.1 is best.
    DFU restore? Or Pwned DFU? And how do you enter both again? I forget.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    DFU restore? Or Pwned DFU? And how do you enter both again? I forget.
    Just DFU. iOS 6.1 is still being signed so pwned DFU is unnecessary. Not to mention pwned DFU mode is only for limera1n devices.

To enter DFU mode, hold power and home for 10 seconds, then release power and continue holding home until iTunes recognizes your iPhone. It will say it's in recovery mode, but you know it's in DFU mode if the screen is pitch black and off.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (01-31-2013)

I'm a little confused here. Is 6.1 the latest firmware? And if not, should we try to restore to 6.1, rather than the most current version? And is that even possible? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,326 Times in 7,030 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nrfuller View Post
    I'm a little confused here. Is 6.1 the latest firmware? And if not, should we try to restore to 6.1, rather than the most current version? And is that even possible? Any help would be appreciated.
    Yes, 6.1 is latest

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

nrfuller (01-31-2013)

FINALLY! I had to delete my old host file & create a new one. Thanks for the help for those who responded to my posts.

Awesome. Thanks, Simon.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Website back up

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Just DFU. iOS 6.1 is still being signed so pwned DFU is unnecessary. Not to mention pwned DFU mode is only for limera1n devices.

To enter DFU mode, hold power and home for 10 seconds, then release power and continue holding home until iTunes recognizes your iPhone. It will say it's in recovery mode, but you know it's in DFU mode if the screen is pitch black and off.
    Why is this necessary rather than just doing a normal restore???

Oh 1 more thing...when I restore don't I lose all my apps? I restore from back up and get my pictures and texts and music but wb my apps???

Thanks

Oh 1 more thing...when I restore don't I lose all my apps? I restore from back up and get my pictures and texts and music but wb my apps???
    It's a true restore.

DFU mode restores, as we explain in this post, are the best way to prevent corrupted files from being a part of your fresh restore.

Thanks. So do I lose all my apps? How can I get them backed up so I don't have to re download all of them

Thanks. So do I lose all my apps? How can I get them backed up so I don't have to re download all of them
    You can back up a device by using iCloud, or by right clicking the device in iTunes and selecting Back Up.

If you're jailbroken already, I don't recommend you back up, but rather set up as new.

You won't lose your apps because they should be in your iTunes library and you can just sync htem back after updating. If they're not there, right click on your iOS device and choose "transfer purchases" to sync the apps from your iOS device to iTunes before restoring.

iCloud backup never works for me for some reason... And I backed it up on iTunes but it doesn't give u your apps back once you restore from back up.. This is true right?

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,206 Times in 6,601 Posts

Sync with iTunes.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

iCloud backup never works for me for some reason... And I backed it up on iTunes but it doesn't give u your apps back once you restore from back up.. This is true right?
    If it is the computer you have signed in with your itunes account your itunes should have all your apps in it. In which case your backup will indeed sync back all your apps. Unless your apps are not from the app store.....

All my apps are from AppStore because I'm on an iPhone 5 + ********** is gone anyway... But maybe my account isn't signed in let me check

Thanks

All my apps are from AppStore because I'm on an iPhone 5 + ********** is gone anyway... But maybe my account isn't signed in let me check
    Ack piracy. Off with his head l!!!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-31-2013)

Thanks

You should be good then. Just make sure you are signed in and that your apps are in itunes. If they arent there go to File>Devices and choose the option to transfer your purchases into iTunes. Once that is done sync and backup. Then you should be good to restore.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast