Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 86

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple Finally Releases iOS 6.1 to the Public

  1. #61
    It happens. Simon caught me earlier too. 😝

    Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    NewdestinyX (01-29-2013)

  3. #62
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,774
    Thanks
    6,978
    Thanked 15,534 Times in 7,104 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Thanks, Simon & King! I'll learn. Got a little Twitter happy.. with my first time in Twitter. :-/.. Sorry for the thread spam with bad info...
    Iz cool

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    NewdestinyX (01-29-2013)

  5. #63
    NewdestinyX: what would you say is worth more? An old-bootrom 3gs or a new-bootrom 3gs? Assuming they were otherwise identical. Would you say they were worth the same?

  6. #64
    What kind of question is that please. I downloaded IPSW 6.1 if I decide to do the upgrade from 6.0.1 I am on, right now

  7. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    How is cooking free? Aren't there costs associated with cooking?

    Let's face it, the past couple of jailbreak tools have been extremely simple to use.
    What costs are associated with cooking that couldn't be equally argued for the cost of maintaining a computer to run the jailbreak on?

  8. #66
    Try selling cooked food and you'll find out bro.

    Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

  9. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    NewdestinyX: what would you say is worth more? An old-bootrom 3gs or a new-bootrom 3gs? Assuming they were otherwise identical. Would you say they were worth the same?
    The perpetual jailbreakABILITY of a piece of hardware on any new iOS is a very different intrinsic value than a phone that can be easily firmware Jailbroken by any idiot. You have no analogy there of any kind. Nice try
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-29-2013 at 04:01 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  10. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Try selling cooked food and you'll find out bro.
    Restaurants manage the business of cooked food the same way that individual entrepreneurs may charge individuals that are too lazy or unknowledgeable to jailbreak their own devices.

    It's a comparable situation. Using your resources to make money.

  11. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Restaurants manage the business of cooked food the same way that individual entrepreneurs may charge individuals that are too lazy or unknowledgeable to jailbreak their own devices.

    It's a comparable situation. Using your resources to make money.
    Are u honestly promoting the idea that its acceptable and not a scam to charge for jail breaking? Surely you jest, Anthony.. ?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  12. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Are u honestly promoting the idea that its acceptable and not a scam to charge for jail breaking? Surely you jest, Anthony.. ?
    I don't ethically believe in it.

    I'll discuss the details with you in PM if you want.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-29-2013 at 04:28 PM.

  13. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Can't agree Raduga. Charging more for jailbreak is a scam and defrauding buyers. Sorry we can't agree.
    LOL a scam! Haha i had an issue with my phone, had to restore it but iTunes kept giving me error 21, and no one was around so that i could use another laptop, i took it to a place that restores and it costed me 20$... I knew i was being scammed... But there was nothing i could do :/ this was a scam, but paying for an extra service is not...

    And Raduga is right, JB'ing does give the phone an added value... Plus some people dont know how to jailbreak or they dont want to go through the trouble of doing so... So they just pay about 10 extra $ and thats it

  14. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
    LOL a scam! Haha i had an issue with my phone, had to restore it but iTunes kept giving me error 21, and no one was around so that i could use another laptop, i took it to a place that restores and it costed me 20$... I knew i was being scammed... But there was nothing i could do :/ this was a scam, but paying for an extra service is not...

    And Raduga is right, JB'ing does give the phone an added value... Plus some people dont know how to jailbreak or they dont want to go through the trouble of doing so... So they just pay about 10 extra $ and thats it
    Wow - if that's the mentality out there now - I'm about to make a LOT of $10 bills!! Lol!! for pressing one button in Ansinthe.

    Like my father used to say, "There's a sucker born every day..."..

    Thanks for the tip, guys!!! Woohoo.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  15. #73
    If you are too lazy or lack the knowledge, then what is this person going to do with a jailbreak?

    Check the cost of liability insurance for that "free cooking" restaurant you want to run. I'm sure it alone will far outweigh any computer costs

    Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

  16. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    If you are too lazy or lack the knowledge, then what is this person going to do with a jailbreak?

    Check the cost of liability insurance for that "free cooking" restaurant you want to run. I'm sure it alone will far outweigh any computer costs
    I think you side-stepped what I was saying.

    I will cease talking about the situation in this thread. I'm open for PMs.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

    raduga (01-29-2013)

  18. #75
    I have a friend that jailbreaks people's devices and unlocks them. Alot of them just don't know what there doing

  19. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    I have a friend that jailbreaks people's devices and unlocks them. Alot of them just don't know what there doing
    For me it would be unethical. So I don't. Hey lots of people on this forum have no problem with piracy either. We've lost any moral absolutes in this new world of relativism. It is what it is -but it isn't good.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  20. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    For me it would be unethical. So I don't. Hey lots of people on this forum have no problem with piracy either. We've lost any moral absolutes in this new works or relativism. It is what it is -but it isn't good.
    I agree for sure though with the final part of what you said.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-29-2013 at 05:08 PM.

  21. #78
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,774
    Thanks
    6,978
    Thanked 15,534 Times in 7,104 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    For me it would be unethical. So I don't. Hey lots of people on this forum have no problem with piracy either. We've lost any moral absolutes in this new world of relativism. It is what it is -but it isn't good.
    I jailbreak/unlock/troubleshoot people's iPhones and have been doing so for years. And yes I make money from it. I don't see what is so unethical about it at all. Just because you jailbreak and find it easy doesn't mean everyone is that way. Some people would much rather just pay to get it done than have to worry about it. Through the years I have done stuff as easy as just installing ultrasnow to much harder and more time consuming things like software unlocking a iPhone 3G that has no wifi and no working power button. I have spent hours working on a phone before, jailbreaking isn't always as easy as a click of the button. And charging for my time and knowledge I don't see one bit as being unethical.
    I also have been on MMi for years helping hundreds, if not thousands (re post count) of people all around the world jailbreak/unlock/troubleshoot. Here I do it for FREE, my way of giving back to the community that has given me so much.

    My challenge to you: Tell me how I accomplished jailbreaking and software unlocking a iPhone 3G with no wifi and a broken power button AND going to 4.2.1 firmware. If you can tell me that then I can agree with you that I shouldn't charge people for my services and time.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    Anthony Bouchard (01-29-2013)

  23. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I jailbreak/unlock/troubleshoot people's iPhones and have been doing so for years. And yes I make money from it. I don't see what is so unethical about it at all. Just because you jailbreak and find it easy doesn't mean everyone is that way. Some people would much rather just pay to get it done than have to worry about it. Through the years I have done stuff as easy as just installing ultrasnow to much harder and more time consuming things like software unlocking a iPhone 3G that has no wifi and no working power button. I have spent hours working on a phone before, jailbreaking isn't always as easy as a click of the button. And charging for my time and knowledge I don't see one bit as being unethical.
    I also have been on MMi for years helping hundreds, if not thousands (re post count) of people all around the world jailbreak/unlock/troubleshoot. Here I do it for FREE, my way of giving back to the community that has given me so much.

    My challenge to you: Tell me how I accomplished jailbreaking and software unlocking a iPhone 3G with no wifi and a broken power button AND going to 4.2.1 firmware. If you can tell me that then I can agree with you that I shouldn't charge people for my services and time.
    We've lost sight of the original issue TOTALLY! Your helping people that come to you to pay for your time is one thing. The poster I responded to was talking about ADDING cost to the phone he was going to sell on eBay because it was Jailbroken - with one clik. He wasn't offering any help to people with Cydia and tweaks and training, etc. Just ONE CLIK in Absinthe and charged more for the phone. That's unethical to me.

    It's okay to agree to disagree on this one Simon. But what you described in that long paragraph was your giving 'customer support'. Adding $ to the cost of buying a phone, just because its Jailbroken, is a different thing entirely. That's my last word on the topic. My mind won't change.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  24. #80
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,774
    Thanks
    6,978
    Thanked 15,534 Times in 7,104 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    We've lost sight of the original issue TOTALLY! Your helping people that come to you to pay for your time is one thing. The poster I responded to was talking about ADDING cost to the phone he was going to sell on eBay because it was Jailbroken - with one clik. He wasn't offering any help to people with Cydia and tweaks and training, etc. Just ONE CLIK in Absinthe and charged more for the phone. That's unethical to me.

    It's okay to agree to disagree on this one Simon. But what you described in that long paragraph was your giving 'customer support'. Adding $ to the cost of buying a phone, just because its Jailbroken, is a different thing entirely. That's my last word on the topic. My mind won't change.
    I dont have any issue with your original argument about adding $ to a phone if it is jailbroken. Don't want any part of that. The thing that set me off was this:
    For me it would be unethical.
    In response to Silverado saying this:
    I have a friend that jailbreaks people's devices and unlocks them. Alot of them just don't know what there doing
    Nothing unethical about that in the least.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •