Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 86

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple Finally Releases iOS 6.1 to the Public

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    Stupid question...but how do you download iOS 6.1 from iTunes? I know if I plug my phone into the computer it'll give me that option, but I'm at work and don't have my lightening connector with me. Can I download it without plugging my phone in?
    You can do it OTA but its not recommended as it has more security in it than the ITunes version

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    Stupid question...but how do you download iOS 6.1 from iTunes? I know if I plug my phone into the computer it'll give me that option, but I'm at work and don't have my lightening connector with me. Can I download it without plugging my phone in?
    Wifi sync but that's gotta be setup from a cable.

  3. #23
    Musclenerd says IOS 6.1 is safe

  4. #24
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,057
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DanOptic View Post
    You can do it OTA but its not recommended as it has more security in it than the ITunes version
    I wouldn't do it OTA just go threw iTunes when the time is right. As in devs say its ok to do so.

  5. #25
    planetbeing ‏@planetbeing

    iOS 6.1 appears to be vulnerable to the exploits we are planning on using.

    planetbeing ‏@planetbeing

    In terms of code, we have two proof of concepts that we need to merge and polish, so we will not be ready to release until that and testing.

  6. #26
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,057
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Give a week or so and we should be happy happy

  7. #27
    planetbeing ‏@planetbeing
    In terms of code, we have two proof of concepts that we need to merge and polish, so we will not be ready to release until that and testing.

    Sounds like it will be a few days or longer

  8. #28
    Musclenerd keeps on about a weekend release and asked what we will be doing on Super Bowl Sunday

  9. #29
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,057
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Jail breaking our phones hopefully

  10. #30
    is anyone updating to 6.1 then?

  11. #31
    MuscleNerd ‏@MuscleNerd
    @MikeBeas @evad3rs yep 6.1 is safe

    Im prob going to wait though

  12. #32
    I will on iTunes when I get home

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    WOO HOO!

    Now my time will be wasted hitting refresh on mmi's home page waiting for the announcement of the untethered jailbreak.

    Thank you for making me worthless.
    Sane here... Well except that i have midterms -.-

  14. #34
    I just downloaded 6.1 to my lap top and now patiently waiting for JB

  15. #35
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    622
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 76 Times in 73 Posts

    So it appears from build numbers 'beta 5' was the general release.

    Apple tried to play it off, but they failed miserably. 😝
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

  16. #36
    What's an advertising identifier?

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
    planetbeing ‏@planetbeing
    In terms of code, we have two proof of concepts that we need to merge and polish, so we will not be ready to release until that and testing.

    Sounds like it will be a few days or longer
    Well. Longer than that. Last year, after 5.1 dropped it took them "6 more long weeks" to release the public untether. So stay calm - we're not there yet. By the time they had the injector ready 5.1.1 was just about out and they waited one more week to make sure 5.1.1 was vulnerable to the same exploits. So we likely still have a long wait, gang. But this is significant! It's no longer a matter of 'if' we get a jailbreak - but "when"!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    I just downloaded 6.1 to my lap top and now patiently waiting for JB
    Remind me - how do you download an update but save for later?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  18. #38
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,593
    Thanks
    6,857
    Thanked 15,279 Times in 7,010 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Well. Longer than that. Last year, after 5.1 dropped it took them "6 more long weeks" to release the public untether. So stay calm - we're not there yet. By the time they had the injector ready 5.1.1 was just about out and they waited one more week to make sure 5.1.1 was vulnerable to the same exploits. So we likely still have a long wait, gang. But this is significant! It's no longer a matter of 'if' we get a jailbreak - but "when"!!
    MuscleNerd is hinting Sunday. Although planetbeing was a bit more hesitant to give an exact time frame yet. It shouldn't be more than a week or so I would say.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    Silverado1987 (01-28-2013)

  20. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    MuscleNerd is hinting Sunday. Although planetbeing was a bit more hesitant to give an exact time frame yet. It shouldn't be more than a week or so I would say.
    Oh I HOOOPE that you're right Simon.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  21. #40
    My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    540
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 70 Times in 49 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Remind me - how do you download an update but save for later?
    When u click update in iTunes it gives u the option to 'download' or 'download and update'.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to bmwraw8482 For This Useful Post:

    NewdestinyX (01-28-2013)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •