Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The ModMyi Vine Video Contest

Default The ModMyi Vine Video Contest

We at ModMyi invite you to participate in our Vine video contest. We want to see the craziest, most creative, or the most downright funny video you can make. It can be on any subject you want, and you don't even have to speak – there is only one rule: no obscenity. The winner will receive a $50 iTunes gift card.

Twitter launched its Vine social network last week, and slowly, it's gaining traction. Vine is currently a featured application in the iOS App Store, and it's free to use!

With Vine, you can take 6-second videos that space out over a period of time. You control the spaces of time because Vine only records as long as you hold your finger on the screen. When you release the screen, your video pauses. This makes it very easy to create time-lapse videos. You can also just hold down for the full 6 seconds and just record something funny for 6 seconds. It’s your choice!

To be considered for the contest, you will need both a Vine and a Twitter account. You need the Vine account because that’s where your video will go, and you will need the Twitter account because you’re going to post an embedded Tweet in the comments that shows off your Vine video. You will share your Vine video to Twitter so you can embed your Tweet in the comments here very easily. We’ll show you how via Twitter's useful tips and tricks:

Step 1: After you create your Vine video, link your Twitter account to Vine and share the video to Twitter.

Step 2: Get onto a computer and log into Twitter.

Step 3: Find your Tweet with the Vine video attached to it, and click on the "More" button to reveal a "Embed Tweet" button, as shown below:

Step 4: After you click on the "Embed Tweet" button, copy the code that Twitter generates for you, and paste it into your comment in this article to share your Vine with us:

Step 5: Post your comment.

If you copied and pasted the code correctly, your comment should display an embedded Tweet with your Vine video like the one below:

Once you’ve completed all of the above 5 steps, you will entered into the contest. Our staff will then vote on the winner. If you’re selected, we will require you to Tweet back to us to prove that it’s your Twitter account. So no cheatin’! You’ll be disqualified if we find out you cheated.
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 01-28-2013 at 06:49 AM.

Are you guys getting paid to do this?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,805 Times in 1,226 Posts

Jarolin - no sir!

(but if you'd like to pay us, I'll get you my PayPal )

Dang. If this were an open art contest I'd be in. Shaky-cam semi-stop-motion isn't my preferred medium.

I know this is kind of a crazy idea, but shouldn't MMi have contests that have to do with theming or modding?

I refuse to participate because of the twitter requirement. Twitter is the most annoying tool for self absorbed narcossists.

Quote Originally Posted by DistortedHope View Post
    I refuse to participate because of the twitter requirement. Twitter is the most annoying tool for self absorbed narcossists.
    I'm sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately, Twitter is the best way to embed your Vine videos in this post. There is no other efficient way to do it.

I made a video last night making shroom tea, it's pretty awesome

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,805 Times in 1,226 Posts

Well - it seems no one is interested! Guess we'll close this thread.