+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Releases iOS 6.1 Beta 5 to Developers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,075 Times in 799 Posts

I think it's about time Appl£ gave up the fight, let people who want to jailbreak, Jailbreak. Work with the jailbreaking teams and secure the iDevices from malicious hackers

Thanks
    Thanked 5,955 Times in 2,014 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    I think it's about time Appl£ gave up the fight, let people who want to jailbreak, Jailbreak. Work with the jailbreaking teams and secure the iDevices from malicious hackers
    In a perfect world that sounds great, I myself just cannot see Apple ever opening the iOS up as we all want. We are the minority and when you weigh all that up against the reasons why they close it off I can see it never happening much to my disappointment. The iOS is what it is.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

ferris419 (01-26-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Yes it's pretty sad that they gonna do that just because of jailbreak. I just wanna git tether me or mywi
    Luckily for me I got the Iteather app while it was in the app store. It's not as good though but better than nothing. I would give you the app if I could.

Livin the iPhone Life Sniper488's Avatar
    Thanks

So, if you had an iPad 3 which is jailbroke on 5.1.1, would you stay there or update to 6.02???

Thanks
    Thanked 5,955 Times in 2,014 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper488 View Post
    So, if you had an iPad 3 which is jailbroke on 5.1.1, would you stay there or update to 6.02???
    6.0.2 is only for iPhone 5 and iPad mini. My iPad 3 is on 5.1.1 I really think it would be risky to lose your jailbreak on 5.1.1 when it hasn't even been confirmed that 6.1 will actually be jailbroken.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

should I update my iPhone 5 to 6.0.2 or stay on 6.0?

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tallytabletommy View Post
    should I update my iPhone 5 to 6.0.2 or stay on 6.0?
    As u wish... It doesnt really matter coz planet being had a jailbreak on ios 6.0.2
    Plus if apple apple didnt patch the bugs, the untethered will be on ios 6.1
    Last edited by Faresismail; 01-27-2013 at 12:25 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Now I'm furious. This just straight up p1$$3$ me off.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Oh for Christ sake Apple, release 6.1 for us...

Quote Originally Posted by hunterw View Post
    Luckily for me I got the Iteather app while it was in the app store. It's not as good though but better than nothing. I would give you the app if I could.
    Back up your apps, go to the iTunes backup folder and take it away
    Last edited by pakitos; 01-27-2013 at 12:59 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    They want to release to the widest base possible, covering as many users as possible.
    Most people can't downgrade. Most people can't save their SHSHs or even know what an SHSH is.
    Most people can't stop themselves from accidentally upgrading.

ergo, when 6.1 hits, they want to release it for 6.1, so that everyone up to and including 6.1 can enjoy. BEST. *

If 6.1 breaks it, they release it ASAP and advise people not to upgrade their FW. SECOND BEST.
    If 6.1 breaks it only a little they might wait and see if they can find a quick fix (to spare disclosure). THIRD BEST.
    Or they could just release it now and just hope for the best. DO YOU FEEL LUCKY?

Rotten, would be if Apple sold us a "walled garden" and we actually bought it.
    Mending the fence posts and filling in the chinks in the walls isn't rotten.
    Filling the moat with alligators and inviting JB devs as interns, then firing them- that's rotten.
    * NOBODY IS ON 6.1 BECAUSE IT ISN'T RELEASED YET! MOST OF US DON'T CARE ABOUT 6.1!
    If you think about this, and about how long it has been, (since Sept 2012), that those of us with IOS 6 have not had a jailbreak...
    then it makes sense to create the public jailbreak now. IOS 7 and the new IPhone 5S will be out this summer!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,068 Times in 932 Posts

Whatever! I just got the Gridlee.app from the App Store (which has a hidden emulator!). So now I'm playing Super Mario Bros on my iPhone 5 and iPad Mini!!!

Get it before its gone!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Whatever! I just got the Gridlee.app from the App Store (which has a hidden emulator!). So now I'm playing Super Mario Bros on my iPhone 5 and iPad Mini!!!

Good lord, I read your post really quickly and at first I thought I read that it had a hidden tethering app!! Man I got so excited!! Thanks for the tip though!....Anyone happen to know of a tethering app??! Haha please!?
    El Zurdo

Thanks

How did u get super mario on it? Ur not jailbroken!
    Last edited by Faresismail; 01-27-2013 at 04:17 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
    Hey how did u get super mario on it? Ur not jailbroken?
    It appears the Gridlee.app is simply Mame4iOS Reloaded 1.3 with icons being Gridlee-themed.

Mame4iOS 1.3 implemented iTunes USB Sharing, which means one could upload ROMs without jailbreaking. I'm pretty sure that's how thazsar put ROMs on it. There is a roms directory within the Documents directory. Even without iTunes there's ways to get into app's Documents folders and place them in directly without a jailbreak.

Once you put ROMs in and reopen the app, Mame4iOS seems to revert to its 'normal' self, including the ability to change the apps settings and the ability to play full screen.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

16. The Following User Says Thank You to GenesisDH For This Useful Post:

Faresismail (01-27-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
    It appears the Gridlee.app is simply Mame4iOS Reloaded 1.3 with icons being Gridlee-themed.

Mame4iOS 1.3 implemented iTunes USB Sharing, which means one could upload ROMs without jailbreaking. I'm pretty sure that's how thazsar put ROMs on it. There is a roms directory within the Documents directory. Even without iTunes there's ways to get into app's Documents folders and place them in directly without a jailbreak.

Once you put ROMs in and reopen the app, Mame4iOS seems to revert to its 'normal' self, including the ability to change the apps settings and the ability to play full screen.
    Thanks! I just used iexplorer and it worked!! Weird how this got threw the appstore checks...
    Anyway thanks

Banned
    Thanks

Thanks for that info.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jj2345 View Post
    I had a feeling they'd release a beta 5 instead of GM,I think apple is following these devs on twitter and they know theres a current jailbreak ready for 6.1 so now their stalling with the final release until they find the hole so they patch it with 6.1
    As much as we want to believe thats this is about stopping a jailbreak. It is more fixing bugs and glitches to improve the next ios update. Ios 6 is great but these great ideas need to be capitalized on. Less issues and more stability.

Green Apple
    Thanks

The guys that do the great work of making jailbreaks need to learn to keep silent about what they want apple to do! As its far too easy for apple to read their posts and change their plans!

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

As soon as apple drops 6.1 im buying an sIII. Wonder if they will never drop it now? 😶🔫

Livin the iPhone Life Sniper488's Avatar
    Thanks

I like the iMAME one he did better but this one is fullscreen on the iPhone 5.
    Pretty cool how it changes into mame once you put roms in.

One not cool thing, no wii remote support, only incade.
    Last edited by Sniper488; 01-27-2013 at 09:18 AM.