+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Releases iOS 6.1 Beta 5 to Developers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
https://twitter.com/musclenerd/statu...59177742761984
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassvictim's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spazturtle View Post
    Nope this is Capitalism, if it was Communism then they wouldn't lock down the system so much.
    You are right, but it is true commies does sound worse since it is related to all the worlds worst dictators to include our current one. I believe in Capitalism I just think that its funny that apple is the strictest on all these aspects of their products when Steve Jobs would probably be on the DevTeam and the new Evaders team if he was young and alive now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    Agreed! For F**** sake, maybe we should encourage Evad3rs to release now ?! How many of us even care what IOS 6.1 brings to the table? I am at 6.0.2 and everything works. At this point I believe Rotten Apple is messing with the jailbreak team...
    They want to release to the widest base possible, covering as many users as possible.
    Most people can't downgrade. Most people can't save their SHSHs or even know what an SHSH is.
    Most people can't stop themselves from accidentally upgrading.

ergo, when 6.1 hits, they want to release it for 6.1, so that everyone up to and including 6.1 can enjoy. BEST.
    If 6.1 breaks it, they release it ASAP and advise people not to upgrade their FW. SECOND BEST.
    If 6.1 breaks it only a little they might wait and see if they can find a quick fix (to spare disclosure). THIRD BEST.
    Or they could just release it now and just hope for the best. DO YOU FEEL LUCKY?

Rotten Apple
    Rotten, would be if Apple sold us a "walled garden" and we actually bought it.
    Mending the fence posts and filling in the chinks in the walls isn't rotten.
    Filling the moat with alligators and inviting JB devs as interns, then firing them- that's rotten.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to raduga For This Useful Post:

Simon (01-26-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

Yup just saw that too. I wonder what this means. But regardless we'd have to update and we can't. Anyone getting updates and not on a developer account?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Maybe I'm just naive but I really don't think think this is any ploy against jail breaking. I really don't think a jailbreak would cause apple to delay a release and put so much money into preventing something that will happen anyway

7. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (01-26-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Maybe I'm just naive but I really don't think think this is any ploy against jail breaking. I really don't think a jailbreak would cause apple to delay a release and put so much money into preventing something that will happen anyway
    True were only 2% right? They prolly wanna fix something so threw out beta 5 since Monday is the last day so

Thanks

It's all good people. Like musclenerd tweeted home stretch. Hopefully by this time next week cydia will be back in business so to speak.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to anig For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (01-26-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ThatOneProfile's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple is the biggest troll.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOneProfile For This Useful Post:

raduga (01-26-2013)

JAE
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Apple is trolling us.

Thanks

I like how most of y'all are leaning "troll." Personally, I think that this is the GM but merely named "beta 5" for whatever reason (maybe so people won't leak it widely like previous GMs)...

They've had nearly two and a half months baking a major release with almost zero API changes. I'm of the opinion this muffin is soon destined to depart the oven.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

raduga (01-26-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneProfile View Post
    Apple is the biggest troll.
    Bro were a small part of iPhones. I doubt they release a gm/beta5 just for us.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colin9001's Avatar
    Thanks

Or apple will never release a 6.1 and prevent as many JB as possible

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I like how most of y'all are leaning "troll." Personally, I think that this is the GM but merely named "beta 5" for whatever reason (maybe so people won't leak it widely like previous GMs)...

They've had nearly two and a half months baking a major release with almost zero API changes. I'm of the opinion this muffin is soon destined to depart the oven.
    Agreed. I truly don't believe apple motive is to troll or trick. They have bigger fish to fry than not releasing a firmware because of a jailbreak.

Besides if you think about it. Once the jail break is out the exploit is burned and they could quickly release 6.1.1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Bro were a small part of iPhones. I doubt they release a gm/beta5 just for us.
    You can't deny the revealing by planetbeing of the progress has apple prolonging the updates in a (lame) attempt to edge the hackers into releasing it early. We shall see.

Thanks

You can't deny the revealing by planetbeing of the progress has apple prolonging the updates in a (lame) attempt to edge the hackers into releasing it early. We shall see.
    You can fully deny this. 1. Why would apple think hackers would get impatient when the release is inevitable.

2. Why would apple deny over 90 percent of its customers an update because of a jailbreak.

3. Once 6.1 is released they can patch the exploit in an update very quickly.

If anything jailbreaks help beef up there security. There are to many variables to an exploit for apple to just stop and look for it. Even if they found holes they wouldn't know how it would be used,

Also software will always have vulnerabilities.

I find it extremely hard to believe apple would delay work they paid employees good money to do with updating iOS just to see if hackers will get impatient.

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

To be honest i don't think its about apple losing money because of piracy caused by the jailbreak... I think it has more to do with the fact that apple's OS has been "hacked" by a lot of people. And i think this is why they spend an exuberant amount of money on patching those holes and security update.
    I want an open iOS as much as anyone else here does, and i wanted apple to release the iOS 6.1 ( so that i can finally have untether jb ) but i actually understand why apple didnt release the new fw, they want to do there best at keeping a clean image of themselves...
    So i just hope that iOS 6.1 doesnt patch the bugs that the JB team used to get the untethered jailbreak... ( this is on a completely different matter but i dont think that the devs every said they had an untethered at least not one ready for the public... They never said they found the initial injection codes... They just said that they had good news and that they are waiting for apple to release 6.1 )

Thanks

True. We shall call apples bluff in a way

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
    To be honest i don't think its about apple losing money because of piracy caused by the jailbreak... I think it has more to do with the fact that apple's OS has been "hacked" by a lot of people. And i think this is why they spend an exuberant amount of money on patching those holes and security update.
    I want an open iOS as much as anyone else here does, and i wanted apple to release the iOS 6.1 ( so that i can finally have untether jb ) but i actually understand why apple didnt release the new fw, they want to do there best at keeping a clean image of themselves...
    So i just hope that iOS 6.1 doesnt patch the bugs that the JB team used to get the untethered jailbreak... ( this is on a completely different matter but i dont think that the devs every said they had an untethered at least not one ready for the public... They never said they found the initial injection codes... They just said that they had good news and that they are waiting for apple to release 6.1 )
    Haha agreed. apple could careless about piracy. I can download an app from the appstore to get free music. Apple has always had a closed OS and I don't think we will see a change anytime soon. Even with the #wewantanopenios trend.

Thanks

Guess on the change lot was the addition of the API for accessing the maps app.

Possibly this caused the delay. This was a big thing apple wanted. To allow applications to do what they do best. Like transit apps having access to tap into the maps app.

Just a thought though

25. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (01-27-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colin9001's Avatar
    Thanks

If ios 6.1 is 'out' why can't we just all update and they can release the tool.
    I mean you don't need a Dev account right?