Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IDC: Apple's iPhone Grew to 25.1% Global Marketshare in 2012

Thanks

Default IDC: Apple's iPhone Grew to 25.1% Global Marketshare in 2012

Based on recently published data by the IDC, Apple’s global share of the smartphone market grew from 18.8% to 25.1% during 2012. The share is based on sales of 93.1 million iPhones in 2011 and 136.8 million sold in calendar year 2012. Although the growth rate of 46.9% sounds good, it is hard to compare to Samsung’s incredible growth in the smartphone market in 2012.

Last year, both Apple and Samsung were in a close fight for global market share, with Samsung’s 19% share barely edging out Apple’s 18.8%. Samsung’s shipments jumped from 94.2 million units in 2011 to a whopping 215.8 million in 2012, which is a whopping 129.1% increase in shipments.

The data from IDC also shows that several low-cost manufacturers, such as Huawei and ZTE, are making significant connections in the smartphone market. Between the top manufacturers and the low-cost entrants, companies such as HTC, Nokia and RIM are finding their once-solid places in the smartphone industry slowly drifting away.

Source: TUAW

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Good old Samsung, nice range of phones for all segements of the market unlike Apple who only want the top segement of the market.

Thanks

You can't compare. Going from 0 to 50 is different than going 150 to 200.

What a stupid things to say.
    Rolls Royce and Ferarri only make cars for a certain sector, wanna slate them too?

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

I would like to see this data broken down a bit more...Perhaps having two "markets", one market showing the normal person smart-phone market aka "high-end", such as the iPhone and ummm... the Galaxy I guess. The second market being all the rest, consisting of the elderly, teenagers, technology-phobes, and transitional users who are waiting to be able to afford a iPhone...This would be the "low-end" market.

Regardless, it sure seems that Apple isn't missing all of the people that come to this forum, every single day, and claim they have switched, or are planning to switch to Android...
    El Zurdo

Just because a phone sells more doesn't make it the best. and why say the iphone is for the "high-end"? it's not even the most expensive.
    You have no clue. Blindly follow the rest of the i sheep.....sad. I guess VW and Toyota are the "high-end" market. and Ferrari,BMW,,Lexus,lambo,Aston martin, and well everybody else is the "Low-end". that is of course because Toyota and VW sold the most cars in 2012.