+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App Store Featured Apps Now Get Personalized "App Store Notes"

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Featured applications in Apple's App Store are nothing new; however, Apple has just baked a new little treat into the descriptions of some Featured applications. A new "App Store Notes"
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 787 Posts

Default App Store Featured Apps Now Get Personalized "App Store Notes"

Featured applications in Apple's App Store are nothing new; however, Apple has just baked a new little treat into the descriptions of some Featured applications. A new "App Store Notes" section of text has been added just above the screenshots of some of these featured applications in the iOS App Store. These notes are personalized for each application, and help give the user an understanding of what the application is all about.

MacRumors reports that the feature was first rolled out in December for Apple's selected apps of the year, however the feature appears to be moving to a larger variety of applications now.

The new App Store Notes feature may help users in deciding if the application is right for them, as sometimes user reviews and developer app descriptions just aren’t enough to get the point across. It's also interesting to note that the App Store Notes are by Apple themselves, and not by the developers, or the users, of the application.

App Store Notes are appearing on mobile devices, but are not yet appearing on the desktop version of iTunes. It's not yet known if they will be coming to the desktop version of iTunes or not.

Sources: App Store via MacRumors
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-25-2013 at 06:08 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

In the Editors Note for Gesundheit it says "Each week, we select a great app and bring it to you for free as our App of the Week"...I cant believe i never knew that for Apples "App of the Week" that Apple gives it to us for free, just always figured it was a free app to begin with. This isn't new is it?
    El Zurdo

Thanks

Is it on iPad?

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    In the Editors Note for Gesundheit it says "Each week, we select a great app and bring it to you for free as our App of the Week"...I cant believe i never knew that for Apples "App of the Week" that Apple gives it to us for free, just always figured it was a free app to begin with. This isn't new is it?
    Not really... But in my opinion the apps that apple makes free are not exactly "awesome!" I mean its not like what FAAD does