+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cycloramic App Updated With Support for Hands-free Panoramic Photographs

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 767 Posts

Default Cycloramic App Updated With Support for Hands-free Panoramic Photographs

At the end of December, we showed you a new application called Cycloramic, which allowed you to take hands-free 360º videos with your iPhone 5. The application would have you stand your iPhone 5 up on a flat, hard surface, and the vibrator motor would cause the light iPhone 5 spin around in a circle in a slow manner, all while capturing video.

Cycloramic has received a well-demanded update today, with support for taking hands-free panoramic photographs. The application can now be used the same way as before, however it will take multiple photographs instead of capturing video. The application will then stitch all of the photographs it takes to create a panoramic photograph.

The hands-free mode is only available for the iPhone 5, because the iPhone 5 is actually light enough to be rotated by the mere vibration of the vibrator motor. The iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S are too heavy for such functionality, so the app developer gave these older iPhone users access to a new “Guided Mode” feature for taking panoramic photographs, which obviously won’t be hands-free.

iOS 6 already comes with panoramic mode built into the Camera application, however it’s not hands-free. It’s also sometimes a pain to keep the iPhone perfectly straight as you move the iPhone to capture the long photograph, and you get warning messages because of this on the Camera interface. With Cycloramic however, your photographs will always be straight because the whole process is automated for you.

Existing Cycloramic users can grab the update from the Update tab in the App Store for free. New users can purchase Cycloramic for 99¢ from this link.

Sources: Cycloramic
    Thanks for the tip Shigoroku!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Apps like these need to offer a free trial or something. Im not willing to spend even .$99 without testing an extreme feature like rotating the phone using the vibration motor.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alirz View Post
    Apps like these need to offer a free trial or something. Im not willing to spend even .$99 without testing an extreme feature like rotating the phone using the vibration motor.
    lol Why?

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,655 Times in 695 Posts

It works!!! I have it and when MMI first posted about this app others got it also and stated it worked. Pretty cool if you ask me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    It works!!! I have it and when MMI first posted about this app others got it also and stated it worked. Pretty cool if you ask me.
    +1

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (01-24-2013), wiipro (01-24-2013)

Thanks

Dude, it works pretty well.

Thanks

Got it!

Thanks

I bought it after seeing the video demos in MMi's story about the app. It works perfectly with iPhone 5 and it's really neat.

Here's my video demo:

Even though it's just a toy, it really blows peoples' minds.

I use a case and have to remove it when I do this, but it is totally worth the $0.99 price.
    Last edited by Shigoroku; 01-24-2013 at 06:05 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

You believe your results would be different than all the YouTube videos?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Its ridiculous they havent fixed the fact that it falls asleep 3/4s through every time..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Its ridiculous they havent fixed the fact that it falls asleep 3/4s through every time..
    It does? I used it a few times and never had that happen to me.

A few forum members here also posted some success videos.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Never had that problem. Did you set it to the maximum number of rotations or something?