+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung's Galaxy S IV said to Outshine Apple's Retina Quality Display

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by cmay227 so your saying it is important? No it is exactly what he said it was. It is important to a certain degree. That degree is when
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmay227 View Post
    so your saying it is important?
    No it is exactly what he said it was. It is important to a certain degree. That degree is when the human eye can physically not detect any pixels at all. Once that limit is reached it doesn't matter they are just irrelevant numbers to sucker members of the public into buying a device because it has a bigger number when in reality there is no difference despite the fact that one number is bigger than the other since our eyes are just not capable of detecting such sharpness. Earlier someone mentioned that they knew people that had bought a cheaper inferior camera to a more higher spec camera just because the megapixels were higher well I'll tell you one thing I've taken much better photos on some cameras with less megapixels than other high spec cameras. Why? Because it is the photographer down to the person that is taking the photo. They decide how good it looks. The same can be said for screens. It is not "which one is the bigger number I absolutely have to have that phone" (although that statement is true for some moronic idiotic individuals who have know knowledge of the device at all and couldn't tell a mb from a gb) but instead it is "who cares about the screen? My eyes can't detect it anyway. Lets forget about which has the biggest number and focus instead on stuff that matters for example usability and ergonomics.".

Thanks
    Thanked 14,775 Times in 6,871 Posts

Same with the new 4K TV's that are coming out soon. All marketing ploy, bigger numbers means better to consumers. Even if there is no real world viewing difference.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

aidanharris (01-25-2013), NewdestinyX (01-25-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aidanharris View Post
    No it is exactly what he said it was. It is important to a certain degree. That degree is when the human eye can physically not detect any pixels at all. Once that limit is reached it doesn't matter they are just irrelevant numbers to sucker members of the public into buying a device because it has a bigger number when in reality there is no difference despite the fact that one number is bigger than the other since our eyes are just not capable of detecting such sharpness. Earlier someone mentioned that they knew people that had bought a cheaper inferior camera to a more higher spec camera just because the megapixels were higher well I'll tell you one thing I've taken much better photos on some cameras with less megapixels than other high spec cameras. Why? Because it is the photographer down to the person that is taking the photo. They decide how good it looks. The same can be said for screens. It is not "which one is the bigger number I absolutely have to have that phone" (although that statement is true for some moronic idiotic individuals who have know knowledge of the device at all and couldn't tell a mb from a gb) but instead it is "who cares about the screen? My eyes can't detect it anyway. Lets forget about which has the biggest number and focus instead on stuff that matters for example usability and ergonomics.".
    Thank you. You saved me an explanation. Lol.

Yes it is a common misconception that the more megapixels the better. Megapixels matter, but quality of lens and what can make bigger difference.

A 10 mp HIGH end DSL will take much better pictures than a 16mp point and shoot

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    A lot of people could care less about NFC.

The reality is people use an iPhone because it does what they need it to and more. And same for androids.
    Okay, I'm still trying to figure out the "new features" and a features that Samsung stole from Apple.....
    So if you want to reply, please read the original comment and try to answer it not just stating an opinion again...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinpeer1981 View Post
    Okay, I'm still trying to figure out the "new features" and a features that Samsung stole from Apple.....
    So if you want to reply, please read the original comment and try to answer it not just stating an opinion again...
    I never said apple stole anything from Samsung or visa versa.

Not sure how you can argue my "opinion" that people use each device cause it does what they want. Isn't that the point of owning something? Is for it to do what you want it to do?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    I never said apple stole anything from Samsung or visa versa.

Not sure how you can argue my "opinion" that people use each device cause it does what they want. Isn't that the point of owning something? Is for it to do what you want it to do?
    That's what I was just thinking I don't buy a device based on facts and figures I by it because I feel comfortable using it and even enjoy using it even with its closed nature...

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234