+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung's Galaxy S IV said to Outshine Apple's Retina Quality Display

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by tridley68 New features they have stolen from Apple just as they always have ! What new feaures are you talking about? My iphone dont even have a
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default haha
    Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    New features they have stolen from Apple just as they always have !
    What new feaures are you talking about? My iphone dont even have a NFC...android phones had this for long time.....if you are using your iphone because of a features...wake up and face tge reality...foo

iPhone? More like MyPhone regkilla's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StanSmith View Post
    Between the iPhone 5 and the Galaxy S3 the S3 wins everytime. Its just a better phone with more features. So the screen has a little less pixels? SO? Care factor about that = 0
    I would rather a better phone than that tiny pixels.
    Shouldn't you be hanging out in a Galaxy S3 Forum instead?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinpeer1981 View Post
    What new feaures are you talking about? My iphone dont even have a NFC...android phones had this for long time.....if you are using your iphone because of a features...wake up and face tge reality...foo

A lot of people could care less about NFC.

The reality is people use an iPhone because it does what they need it to and more. And same for androids.
    Last edited by subywrex; 01-24-2013 at 03:54 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mc-Lovin_341 View Post
    Haha talk about trying to get your point across. But the stuff apple haven't put in their devices are because they are pointless. Who really watches a video on their phone whilst texting, browsing, etc. and if people wanted them things so bad we have/will have a jailbreak to enable such things.
    I do, why do i have to stop watching a video to reply to a txt when i can do both at the same time? Unless you like exiting the video, replying then launching the video again. NFC isn't pointless, if you are a creative person you can set it up to make your life easier and faster. Not only that, NFC can be found in public transit like buses. More RAM is never pointless, neither is taking pics while recording. But yeah, most of the people here have been on this site for a long long time, myself included (was very active when the Black iNav theme was released a long time ago, even had a YouTube video on instruction to set it up) and we now use Android but still come here to discuss and comment on articles....but lately it has turn to bashing on a company or on users. Plus, the Droid DNA has been out already with a higher ppi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller006 View Post
    I do, why do i have to stop watching a video to reply to a txt when i can do both at the same time? Unless you like exiting the video, replying then launching the video again. NFC isn't pointless, if you are a creative person you can set it up to make your life easier and faster. Not only that, NFC can be found in public transit like buses. More RAM is never pointless, neither is taking pics while recording. But yeah, most of the people here have been on this site for a long long time, myself included (was very active when the Black iNav theme was released a long time ago, even had a YouTube video on instruction to set it up) and we now use Android but still come here to discuss and comment on articles....but lately it has turn to bashing on a company or on users. Plus, the Droid DNA has been out already with a higher ppi
    Typically I'd wait to reply to a text until my video was done. Atleast for me if I'm texting I'm really not paying attention to video or TV.

Is it a cool feature? Sure, but not anything to sell me on. Also apple has already incorporated the taking pictures while recording. I find it very useful!

The problem is not people enjoying both its the fact people just come in and talk crap. When really what does it matter. Buy what you want. Use what you want, why people take offense to someone like one device over another is beyond me

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

What ever the maximum ppi the human eye can see is fine with me. Even my HTC One S phone's pixel density isn't as dense as the retina display of my iPod Touch 4th gen which is fine with me. And yes I do own an Android but I also own an iPod Touch. As far as the OS goes for both of them, I think they are both great operating systems. They both have they're strength and weaknesses.

iPhone? More like MyPhone holyshnikes's Avatar
    Thanks

The annoying thug is the Samsung lovers try to run the "specs" and "features" that Apple is lacking, when the reality is that the average user doesn't even know how to use them. The thing that makes Apple great is its simplicity. Sure there are tons of stuff that I like with my Jailbroken iPhone. But to the average user, they don't matter. I think it's funny when you see someone trying to figure out how to do something on their S3 that is painstakingly easy to do on the iPhone.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post
    The annoying thug is the Samsung lovers try to run the "specs" and "features" that Apple is lacking, when the reality is that the average user doesn't even know how to use them. The thing that makes Apple great is its simplicity. Sure there are tons of stuff that I like with my Jailbroken iPhone. But to the average user, they don't matter. I think it's funny when you see someone trying to figure out how to do something on their S3 that is painstakingly easy to do on the iPhone.
    Agreed. Apple does take there time on features like copy and paste but they learned how to do it that sets it apart from other phones and do it in a way that's user friendly and that goes with all features of the iphone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Agreed. Apple does take there time on features like copy and paste but they learned how to do it that sets it apart from other phones and do it in a way that's user friendly and that goes with all features of the iphone
    Exactly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    All encompassing incorrect statement. Care to compare the battery life of a RAZR MAXX/MAXX HD against ANY iPhone?
    RIP MMI, this whole place is just an apple vs android fanboy mess. I own an iPhone and a nexus 10 and I enjoy them both, you all seriously suck If you continually have to compare and contrast. Get a life and enjoy your products

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post
    440 ppi is just a marketing ploy. If you can't detect a difference at 300ppi and Apple went higher than that with 326ppi the hip to 440ppi won't make a difference. It's pixel density. That has nothing to do with the actual LCD used, as some companies have warmer screens giving the whites a slighter different tint.

They are doing it just to say its a higher number than Apples.
    My Droid DNA has 1080p 440 ppi and yes their is a difference. sharper, clearer and most importantly text is super sharp. Now damn near every ibot were throwing out the ppi and retina display card to everyone when it was top dog and now it's not important?

Quote Originally Posted by CCNPJediHacker View Post
    RIP MMI, this whole place is just an apple vs android fanboy mess. I own an iPhone and a nexus 10 and I enjoy them both, you all seriously suck If you continually have to compare and contrast. Get a life and enjoy your products
    They post about a samsung device on a iphone based website....What do you think would happen? I guess your the only human who has never compared two things and stated your opinion about one or the other.
    Last edited by cmay227; 01-24-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmay227 View Post
    My Droid DNA has 1080p 440 ppi and yes their is a difference. sharper, clearer and most importantly text is super sharp. Now damn near every ibot were throwing out the ppi and retina display card to everyone when it was top dog and now it's not important?
    Who said it wasn't important? All we are saying is after a certain ppi the eye can't tell the difference at normal view distances.

Green Apple
    Thanks

The lack of Jailbreak and Apple news has forced MMI to post an article which deliberately starts an android vs iphone fanboy wars. Guarantees a lot of hits and action! It's Engadget on a forum!

Personally, S3's size is the threshold for me in a smartphone. S4 will probably be a 5incher that will force me to bring a manpurse if I buy it. Unless I buy hiphop jeans lol
    iphone 5 16gb iOS 6.1 beta 4

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CCNPJediHacker View Post
    RIP MMI, this whole place is just an apple vs android fanboy mess.
    You're critical of posts that comment on a particular news topic?!? MMI is just doing the smart thing and broadening its horizons. This site still has a chance to survive if it rebrands itself as modmya.com ;-)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    I bought an iPhone 3GS after the 4 came out because it was cheaper, than I walked into an apple store, saw the 4, and was like "oh." It was detectable from 10 feet away. Sad day...
    The exact same thing happened after my trusty iPhone 3G (my first iPhone) broke down I got a 4S and was like "Woah is that really doodle jump"...

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    which new features would that be?

NFC chip? - Don't need
    LED notification? - iOS has jut look in settings --> general --> accessibility
    Vibrate on missed notification? - Don't want or need since if I've missed a notification I've missed it for a reason.
    Voice CONTROL, not voice commands but total voice control? - FYI Apples Voice Control is called voice control for a reason
    Apps on home screen? - Have always had this
    720p display? - Pretty sure Apples displays are as good as 720p if not then there is display out/AirPlay
    2GB RAM? - Coming to iPhones everywhere near you soon?
    5.1 dolby surround sound? - Who cares?
    USB port? - Know need for that ancient clunky thing.
    Micro SD slot? - Internal storage > external storage
    Smart Stay? - Don't know what this is and have no desire to find out either.
    SBeam? - See above
    4G/LTE? - The iPhone 5 certainly has this unfortunately most carriers DO NOT so this is of no concern of mine until they do.
    Quad Core processor? - Not really needed but Apple will probably throw one in anyway...
    Removable Battery? - Having a removable battery also means I have to have a cheap vulgar plastic covering. No thanks!
    Front camera that's more than 0.7mb? ( I love that one) - Never even use my front camera.
    Split Screen view? - Please explain to me why I need this (note the words need not want)?
    Multitasking? - iOS has the best multitasking there is. If you beg to differ then prove otherwise.
    Video Player on top of other apps? - If you mean backgrounded audio from a video then iOS has and will always have this...
    32 Camera settings? - I only need one point and shoot everything else is irrelevant to me...
    Panorama mode? (you just got this one) - Wrong! 360 Panorama is a wonderful app that I've used for years please do your research first.
    Shoot stills while recording video? - Why do I need this?
    1080p video recording? ( you just got this one) - Had it for some time actually.
    10:19 aspect ratio? - I have it under good authority that the aspect ratio on all Apple devices is the best as it allows for developing on one iPhone and working on all iPhones due to their similar ratios.
    Bluetooth that actually works? - My Gameloft Duo games controller works brilliantly via iOS's Bluetooth thank you very much.

and that's just from the Galaxy S3, I haven't even mentioned the features of the Galaxy Note.
    Questions?

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    I think the S4 will combine the exclusive features of the S3 and the Note/Note 2 into one awesome device.

the S3 became to big and clumsy? that's the most untrue statement Ive read all week.

why do apple users bring up Android OS and Android phone problems from 2010? those are things of the past., if you spent time actually using some of those phones you wouldn't be so inclined to cut-paste inaccuracies and lies you read from other apple fans.

everything is a marketing ploy when the iPhone doesnt have it but when the iPhone does, if ever--its "revolutionary" as for eaten up and paid for by Samsungnites---apple has successfully sold you the same phone 3 times (4,4S,5) lmfao.

when Android phones had 4"+ screens apple fans said 3.5 was fine., now you got 4" screens and you say 3.5" was too small and some of you were drooling the other day over the story about an iPhone with a 4.8" display

when Android phones had 4G/LTE you apple fans said 3G was fast enough., now you got 4G.

when Android phones an awesome notification center., apple copied and now you have the same thing you criticized before.

Android phones do things with stock Android that even jailbroken iPhones cant do yet you cry over having to wait for a jailbreak so you can try to have things on your iPhone that every Android--even cheap ones can do.

Android phones have NFC chips but you apple fan want NFC in the next, nex, next iPhone.

Android phones have 1080 16:9 (16:10) displays and apple still doesnt have 720p yet but Im certain at some point in the near future the iPhone will have it then you'll praise it as the best thing ever.

all iPhones up til the 5 had a 0.7mp front camera because anything more was not needed/wanted......well now you finally have it

all iPhones up to the 5 had only 512mb of ram cause you said nobody needs a full gig.....well, now you have it.
    What you are quoting here are misleading statements made by a few Apple fans. In short these derogatory comments are nothing but an explicit individuals opinions and are by no means an accurate representation of the entire Apple community. To summarise in the future please state facts as opposed to individual peoples opinions and if for some reason you feel it necessary to berate us with comments of a similar nature to that of those you have and are making then please do cite the individuals that have suggested or stated what you are saying. Okay?
    Last edited by aidanharris; 01-25-2013 at 01:12 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default samsung battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    Good thing android users don't care about battery life.
    I love apple but even after this display samsung galaxy 4 will always have more juice in it than an apple. Remember it has a bigger body. hence hte battery is bigger. lasts 10-15 hours or more.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    New features they have stolen from Apple just as they always have !
    LOL!!!!!! That's hilarious man.. Keep it up!

desconocido
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,165 Times in 2,365 Posts

as i always say Apple fans are really funny!! never accept Android OS and devices are better.

i like Apple, iPhone and iOS BUT i accept they are much better!

and what do you have to say about the flexible screen shown in an android device the stole it from Apple too? LoL

Apple CHANGED the smartphones but that won't happen anymore...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by schnedi View Post
    as i always say Apple fans are really funny!! never accept Android OS and devices are better.

i like Apple, iPhone and iOS BUT i accept they are much better!

and what do you have to say about the flexible screen shown in an android device the stole it from Apple too? LoL

Apple CHANGED the smartphones but that won't happen anymore...
    Again "better" is a personal opinion. Who is to say one is better than the other. For a lot of people iOS is better and visa versa. I'd say they both are great. IMHO iOS is better because it does what I expect and need out of a phone/device better (for me).

Obviously for what you expect and need out of a device android is better. Again that's your personal opinion and not one you should expect others to share with you

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Who said it wasn't important? All we are saying is after a certain ppi the eye can't tell the difference at normal view distances.
    so your saying it is important?