Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pebble Smartwatch Begins to Ship but Faces Delays and Other Issues

Thanks

Default Pebble Smartwatch Begins to Ship but Faces Delays and Other Issues

The much anticipated Pebble smartwatch which was at CES earlier in the month has entered mass production and shipped recently. The company has now begun notifying some early backers that their order is on its way but the vast majority will have to end up waiting a little while longer. The device seems to have been hit by supply issues that have somewhat slowed its rollout and after the first batch is said to include just 500 units. As a result of the device being delayed, the Pebble app for iOS is also delayed.

For those of you who don’t know much about it, Pebble was a Kickstarter sensation back in April 2012, attracting almost 69,000 backers and amassing more than $10 million in funding, making it the biggest Kickstarter project to date. It isn’t a surprise to see a long wait for the device to start shipping since it’s quite the order to fill.

Those of you who ordered a Pebble and didn’t get your order in early however may be in for a longer wait than expected. The company also warned that there are “still some kinks and issues that we need to work out.” News has it that Pebble is also having trouble getting its iOS app approved by Apple. The app has been submitted more than two weeks ago, and Pebble was hoping to have it in the App Store before the device started shipping but it is still yet to gain approval. This means when backers with iOS devices receive their Pebble, all they’ll be able to do with it is control notifications and music, they won’t be able to upgrade their smartwatch or install new faces at the moment. Those of you who have ordered a Pebble but use an Android device are fortunate as the app is still on track to hit Google Play soon.

Pebble promises that it will be shipping more units “soon” and is also sending out address confirmations to its backers several days ahead of their actual shipment.

Have any of you ordered a Pebble smartwatch?

Source: Kickstarter via The Next Web

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

I havent ordered mine yet, but i guess ill wait for the app otherwise i will always have to wait for a jailbreak to use my watch... And im not switching to android either.......

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I want one but I'm not going to preorder it

I backed on April 18th, and I assume it will be shipped within the next three weeks barring any more hiccups. I hope an iOS6 jailbreak comes before then because of the lack of Bluetooth MAP support on iOS5.

I think you could offset some of the additional battery usage due to Bluetooth by turning off vibration and sound on the phone. The watch should make you aware of any incoming notifications. Phantom wrist vibrations will be on the rise!

The app was released yesterday sometime around the evening. I know because I downloaded it. Why was this article written early this morning on the 24th stating that the app hasn't gained approval and isn't in the App Store yet?

Might need an article update and new sources?

Here you go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image.jpg  
    Last edited by blkeagle1; 01-24-2013 at 10:01 AM.

I got on after the kickstarter was over and they said march is when I should expect mine. But I'm assuming it'll be later then that. Can't wait though!! Looks like an awesome product that will be well developed once it's out for a while.

I'm getting one of these if any: MetaWatch Shop - Bluetooth Connected Watches and Accessories

My big thing was SMS notification and this is the only one that seems to have been able to do this.

I was also looking at the G-shock bluetooth watch for iPhone, but it can't do SMS notifications either.

I backed the project when it had about $3 Million funded, so hopefully ill get it in February. Very excited to be able to have some phantom notifications on my wrist, even though the iPhone 5's vibration isn't loud at all.

Will be nice, excited!

Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
    I'm getting one of these if any: MetaWatch Shop - Bluetooth Connected Watches and Accessories

My big thing was SMS notification and this is the only one that seems to have been able to do this.

I was also looking at the G-shock bluetooth watch for iPhone, but it can't do SMS notifications either.
    Pebble does SMS Notifications if you are on iOS 6!

Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post

Pebble does do SMS notifications... (on iOS6)
    We're proud to announce that Pebble now supports receiving SMS and iMessage notifications from iPhones and iPod touches. Check out this demo video (fullscreen)

I would be buying it. but then thought , would go for more real user reviews and then go for it.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Gonna wait for a few people to test it before i make my move