Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
01-23-2013, 11:46 AM #1
Planetbeing: The Future is Looking Bright for Jailbreaking, Pod2G Urges iOS 6.1 Release
Planetbeing has once again announced that more progress has been made, and speaks out saying that the “future is looking bright for jailbreaking.” This Tweet comes just a few days after Planetbeing and Pod2g announced finding two additional vulnerabilities, which may or may not be found useful in the iOS 6 untethered jailbreak.
Even more interesting, pod2g illustrates his eagerness to get to work right away on iOS 6.1, as he urges Apple to release iOS 6.1 “now” in a Tweet replying to Planetbeing. This could be a good thing, having followed the numerous Tweets ahead of the Tweet urging Apple to release iOS 6.1.
After having shown his eagerness to get iOS 6.1 in his hands, pod2g later retweeted a Tweet from Musclenerd, which is 23 days old, saying, "I wholeheartedly disagree" in response to a Tweet from a jailbreaker who has lost faith in a jailbreak for the "iPhone 5 and iPad 2" being released this year.
Apple’s latest iOS 6.1 beta is set to expire very soon, however iOS 6.1 golden master has yet to see the light of day. Many jailbreakers who upgraded to the iPhone 5 have been without a jailbreak since they bought Apple's new handset, and a huge number of these jailbreakers are unsure of whether to stay on iOS 6.0.2 or update to iOS 6.1 when the new software update comes out.
Our advice is to stay on iOS 6.0.2 (or update to iOS 6.0.2 if you have not already), and then wait to see what happens when iOS 6.1 comes out before you update to it. When asked, Musclenerd also agreed with this course of action. Planetbeing at least has an untethered iOS 6.0.2 jailbreak running on his iPhone 5 right now, so it’s at least a pillow to fall back on if a jailbreak for iOS 6.1 cannot be made in the near future.
The best thing the jailbreak community can do is remain positive toward these hackers that dedicate their time to creating jailbreaks at no cost. Please continue to remain patient, and throw them a "Thank You!" when you get some free time!
Sources: pod2g and planetbeing
Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-23-2013 at 12:02 PM.
01-23-2013, 11:53 AM #2
Now this is good news
So let's get this right. My iPad mini running on 6.0.1 I should update this to 6.0.2 ??
And my iPhone 4S that I have jailbroken and running 5.1.1 I should leave alone.
Please can you clarify before I update my Mini and should this be a over air update or through iTunes ???
Last edited by Richard; 01-23-2013 at 12:07 PM.. I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button
01-23-2013, 11:55 AM #3
Very good news
01-23-2013, 12:01 PM #4
Indeed it is. I'm patiently waiting to JB my Mini.
01-23-2013, 12:11 PM #5
Finally, much needed
01-23-2013, 12:17 PM #6
How do we save our SHSH blobs for iOS 6.0.2 right now? TinyUmbrella seems to only want to save 6.0.1 or 6.0 for iPhone 5 at the moment.
If we are supposed to stay on 6.0.2 in order to 'play it safe' if 6.1 breaks a lot of the exploits currently used, how are we going to jailbreak 6.0.2 without SHSH blobs?
This is all good news, though, and I'm hoping 6.1 will be where we all get to jailbreak our devices from the 3GS all the way up to iPhone 5 and iPad 4/minis.
My guess on 6.1 is it will go gold master in the next 2 weeks, and that GM will stick around for about 6 more weeks until early March when Apple will hold an event for iPad 5 and then release it before that product rolls out in mid-March. Just a hunch.
01-23-2013, 12:17 PM #7
01-23-2013, 12:19 PM #8
I've been on 5.0.1 for ever, patiently awaiting the 6.1 jailbreak!!!
01-23-2013, 12:22 PM #9
I can't speak for the iPhone 4S. You already have an untethered jailbreak, and you'll be leaving your comfort zone to gamble with iOS 6.
01-23-2013, 12:23 PM #10
01-23-2013, 12:39 PM #11
I believe Musclenerd said a couple of weeks ago to stay on whatever firmware you are on. I am currently on 6.0. I want to make sure that before I update that this is something that Musclenerd or Planetbeing said. Can anybody clarify that this is definately something they are advising?
01-23-2013, 12:40 PM #12
01-23-2013, 12:41 PM #13
01-23-2013, 12:44 PM #14
iOS 6.0.2 is where the jailbreak sits right now in planetbeing's hands. So there's no reason to stay on an older firmware and not be able to update later down the road.
Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-23-2013 at 12:59 PM. Reason: clarity
The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:
01-23-2013, 12:51 PM #15
my iPhone 5 is ready!
The Following User Says Thank You to regkilla For This Useful Post:
01-23-2013, 01:04 PM #16
I hope they release it soon so I can give this tweetbot app a rest! Lol
01-23-2013, 01:09 PM #17
Didn't the DMCA make a ruling that iPads are ILLEGAL to jailbreak?Hopefully that doesn't mean us iPad users are left out.
The Following User Says Thank You to JediSky671 For This Useful Post:
01-23-2013, 01:13 PM #18
Here to help if I can. If I can't, I know someone who can!
UniAW7.1_WW3 for Multi API Weather Sources
Tutorial - Simple conversion for WW widget to work with Groovylock+/Groovyboard+
Tutorial - Add a SWITCH in Config,js to work with GroovyLock+ or all other players
Add GL+ switch code to UniAW7 & mods
01-23-2013, 01:16 PM #19
Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-23-2013 at 01:35 PM.
01-23-2013, 01:35 PM #20
When is it safe to update my iPad 2 to iOS 6.0.2 or possibly 6.1? Can't be without the jailbreak for long.