+ Reply
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Planetbeing: The Future is Looking Bright for Jailbreaking, Pod2g Urges iOS 6.1 Release

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Planetbeing has once again announced that more progress has been made, and speaks out saying that the “future is looking bright for jailbreaking.” This Tweet comes just a few days
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 787 Posts

Default Planetbeing: The Future is Looking Bright for Jailbreaking, Pod2G Urges iOS 6.1 Release

Planetbeing has once again announced that more progress has been made, and speaks out saying that the “future is looking bright for jailbreaking.” This Tweet comes just a few days after Planetbeing and Pod2g announced finding two additional vulnerabilities, which may or may not be found useful in the iOS 6 untethered jailbreak.

Even more interesting, pod2g illustrates his eagerness to get to work right away on iOS 6.1, as he urges Apple to release iOS 6.1 “now” in a Tweet replying to Planetbeing. This could be a good thing, having followed the numerous Tweets ahead of the Tweet urging Apple to release iOS 6.1.

After having shown his eagerness to get iOS 6.1 in his hands, pod2g later retweeted a Tweet from Musclenerd, which is 23 days old, saying, "I wholeheartedly disagree" in response to a Tweet from a jailbreaker who has lost faith in a jailbreak for the "iPhone 5 and iPad 2" being released this year.

Apple’s latest iOS 6.1 beta is set to expire very soon, however iOS 6.1 golden master has yet to see the light of day. Many jailbreakers who upgraded to the iPhone 5 have been without a jailbreak since they bought Apple's new handset, and a huge number of these jailbreakers are unsure of whether to stay on iOS 6.0.2 or update to iOS 6.1 when the new software update comes out.

Our advice is to stay on iOS 6.0.2 (or update to iOS 6.0.2 if you have not already), and then wait to see what happens when iOS 6.1 comes out before you update to it. When asked, Musclenerd also agreed with this course of action. Planetbeing at least has an untethered iOS 6.0.2 jailbreak running on his iPhone 5 right now, so it’s at least a pillow to fall back on if a jailbreak for iOS 6.1 cannot be made in the near future.

The best thing the jailbreak community can do is remain positive toward these hackers that dedicate their time to creating jailbreaks at no cost. Please continue to remain patient, and throw them a "Thank You!" when you get some free time!

Sources: pod2g and planetbeing
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-23-2013 at 11:02 AM.

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

Now this is good news

So let's get this right. My iPad mini running on 6.0.1 I should update this to 6.0.2 ??

And my iPhone 4S that I have jailbroken and running 5.1.1 I should leave alone.

Please can you clarify before I update my Mini and should this be a over air update or through iTunes ???
    Last edited by Richard; 01-23-2013 at 11:07 AM.
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Very good news

Thanks

Indeed it is. I'm patiently waiting to JB my Mini.

Thanks

Finally, much needed

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

How do we save our SHSH blobs for iOS 6.0.2 right now? TinyUmbrella seems to only want to save 6.0.1 or 6.0 for iPhone 5 at the moment.

If we are supposed to stay on 6.0.2 in order to 'play it safe' if 6.1 breaks a lot of the exploits currently used, how are we going to jailbreak 6.0.2 without SHSH blobs?

This is all good news, though, and I'm hoping 6.1 will be where we all get to jailbreak our devices from the 3GS all the way up to iPhone 5 and iPad 4/minis.

My guess on 6.1 is it will go gold master in the next 2 weeks, and that GM will stick around for about 6 more weeks until early March when Apple will hold an event for iPad 5 and then release it before that product rolls out in mid-March. Just a hunch.

Previously known as weedsmart
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Now this is good news

So let's get this right. My iPad mini running on 6.0.1 I should update this to 6.0.2 ??

Please can you clarify before I update my Mini and should this be a over air update or through iTunes ???
    Never ever use OTA updates if u like jailbreaking, also, yes upgrade your mini and keep the 4s the same, at least that's what I am doing

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've been on 5.0.1 for ever, patiently awaiting the 6.1 jailbreak!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgunaca View Post
    How do we save our SHSH blobs for iOS 6.0.2 right now? TinyUmbrella seems to only want to save 6.0.1 or 6.0 for iPhone 5 at the moment.

If we are supposed to stay on 6.0.2 in order to 'play it safe' if 6.1 breaks a lot of the exploits currently used, how are we going to jailbreak 6.0.2 without SHSH blobs?

This is all good news, though, and I'm hoping 6.1 will be where we all get to jailbreak our devices from the 3GS all the way up to iPhone 5 and iPad 4/minis.

My guess on 6.1 is it will go gold master in the next 2 weeks, and that GM will stick around for about 6 more weeks until early March when Apple will hold an event for iPad 5 and then release it before that product rolls out in mid-March. Just a hunch.
    To save your SHSH blobs, use the latest version of redsn0w and use redsn0w to submit the blobs to Cydia.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Now this is good news

Update iPad Mini to iOS 6.0.2.

I can't speak for the iPhone 4S. You already have an untethered jailbreak, and you'll be leaving your comfort zone to gamble with iOS 6.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    The best thing the jailbreak community can do is remain positive toward these hackers that dedicate their time to creating jailbreaks at no cost. Please continue to remain patient, and throw them a "Thank You!" when you get some free time!
    I'll throw them a 'Thank you' and a donation when my iP5 and iPad are iOS6+ and Jailbroken!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I believe Musclenerd said a couple of weeks ago to stay on whatever firmware you are on. I am currently on 6.0. I want to make sure that before I update that this is something that Musclenerd or Planetbeing said. Can anybody clarify that this is definately something they are advising?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,113 Times in 2,048 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    I'll throw them a 'Thank you' and a donation when my iP5 and iPad are iOS6+ and Jailbroken!
    +1 Amen!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ukblake View Post
    I believe Musclenerd said a couple of weeks ago to stay on whatever firmware you are on. I am currently on 6.0. I want to make sure that before I update that this is something that Musclenerd or Planetbeing said. Can anybody clarify that this is definately something they are advising?
    I personally confirmed with Musclenerd via Twitter that iOS 6.0.2 is the firmware you should be on when the jailbreak is announced. That way if the iOS 6.1 jailbreak doesn't work out, we will still have the iOS 6.0.2 pillow to fall back on. If the iOS 6.1 jailbreak does work out, we can simply update to iOS 6.1 and get it.

iOS 6.0.2 is where the jailbreak sits right now in planetbeing's hands. So there's no reason to stay on an older firmware and not be able to update later down the road.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-23-2013 at 11:59 AM. Reason: clarity

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (01-23-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone regkilla's Avatar
    Thanks

my iPhone 5 is ready!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to regkilla For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (01-23-2013)

Thanks

I hope they release it soon so I can give this tweetbot app a rest! Lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

Didn't the DMCA make a ruling that iPads are ILLEGAL to jailbreak?Hopefully that doesn't mean us iPad users are left out.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to JediSky671 For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (01-23-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,064 Times in 4,557 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    iOS 6.0.2 is where the jailbreak sits right now in planetbeing's hands. So there's no reason to stay on an older firmware and not be able to update later down the road.
    I generally agree with all your input here, Anthony. But shouldn't people on 6.0.1 be concerned that 6.0.2 introduced a major battery life issue that's pretty well-documented at this point? Or is all the "documentation" that I'm referring to not particularly accurate or over-hyped?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I generally agree with all your input here, Anthony. But shouldn't people on 6.0.1 be concerned that 6.0.2 introduced a major battery life issue that's pretty well-documented at this point? Or is all the "documentation" that I'm referring to not particularly accurate or over-hyped?
    Well I've already shown you and a few others my battery life on iOS 6.0.2.

To me, seems blown out of proportion.

Edit: I got a replacement iPhone 5 this week and I get the same battery life on iOS 6.0.2. I don't think I had any kind of magical phone to begin with.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-23-2013 at 12:35 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mc-Lovin_341's Avatar
    Thanks

When is it safe to update my iPad 2 to iOS 6.0.2 or possibly 6.1? Can't be without the jailbreak for long.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast