Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Planetbeing: The Future is Looking Bright for Jailbreaking, Pod2g Urges iOS 6.1 Release

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    I'll throw them a 'Thank you' and a donation when my iP5 and iPad are iOS6+ and Jailbroken!
    Spoken like a typical *******. "Sure guys heres your donation now that its all done!"

Do these guys a favor and donate to the cause, not the result.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Am I safe to do this? I'm on 6.0 and want to get to 6.0.2 but wants me to dl this first????

Click My Sig For my auros Mods

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (01-23-2013)

Thanks

Shouldn't be much longer..patience is key :]

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    Spoken like a typical *******. "Sure guys heres your donation now that its all done!"

Very well said
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Am I safe to do this? I'm on 6.0 and want to get to 6.0.2 but wants me to dl this first????
    If you're going to update, do it through iTunes. Don't update through OTA.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

GUNNY29 (01-23-2013), Hip5 (01-23-2013), vinaygoel2000 (01-23-2013)

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post

Update in iTunes "not over the Air"

It should get rid of that for you
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

GUNNY29 (01-23-2013), Hip5 (01-23-2013)

Cool thank you for the prompt response 👍

And you Richard 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Update through iTunes. Don't update through OTA.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (01-23-2013)

yes I also do agree to update via itunes...

OTA is just NO NO for so many reasons

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post

There are a multitudinous of ways to not concur with someone than via insults

13. The Following User Says Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

GUNNY29 (01-23-2013)

How do i save my shsh blobs using snowbreeze ( i have an iphone 4 currently jailbroken ) and plz include a guide.. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
    How do i save my shsh blobs using snowbreeze ( i have an iphone 4 currently jailbroken ) and plz include a guide.. Thanks
    Use redsn0w. It's the easiest and most current way to save SHSH blobs. Follow the bandwagon.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (01-23-2013)

Well I've already shown you and a few others my battery life on iOS 6.0.2.

To me, seems blown out of proportion.
    I know your results. In those threads we all agreed that you don't 'heavily use' your phone. That's the only unique thing about you, bro . You're the only one that's been able to report anywhere close to the usage you get. That tells us the obvious - you're not a heavy user, my friend.

Edit: I got a replacement iPhone 5 this week and I get the same battery life on iOS 6.0.2. I don't think I had any kind of magical phone to begin with.
    Oh DO tell me the reason why you got a new iP5? Was it that muffled sound through the earpiece speaker I've been reading about? Apple wouldn't take mine back for that reason even though it's being talked about ALL over the net. I'm calling it 'muffle-gate'.. LOL!!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-23-2013 at 02:12 PM.

you cant save SHSH using sn0wbreeze, you need to use either tinyumbrella or redsn0w

download tinyumbrella (it's easier for iphone 4), connect your iphone to the computer, and click "SAVE SHSH"

Use redsn0w. It's the easiest and most current way to save SHSH blobs. Follow the bandwagon.
    Should i "fetch" them?

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I know. We all agreed that you don't 'heavily use' your phone. That's the only unique thing about you. You're the only one that's been able to report anywhere close to the usage you get. That tells us the obvious - you're not a heavy user, my friend. But DO tell me the reason why you got a new iP5? Was it that muffled sound through the earpiece speaker I've been reading about? Apple wouldn't take mine back for that reason even though it's being talked about ALL over the net. I'm calling it 'muffle-gate'.. LOL!!
    Yeah, I don't think I'm a light iPhone user. I'm just reasonable with my preferences.

Dropped my iPhone 5 when it wasn't in a case and ruined the glass, so I went and got a new one.

pshh, i got about 50 devices lined up ready to go. Ill throw a hundo or two their way.

Should i "fetch" them?
    The way I did it was:

1. I plugged in my iPhone 5
    2. Opened redsn0w and clicked "Extras"
    3. Clicked "SHSH blobs"
    4. Clicked "New"
    5. Selected my iOS 6.0.2 firmware
    6. redsn0w told me it saved blobs and asked me if I wanted to submit them
    7. I clicked yes
    8. Done

Afterwards, you will be able to verify that redsn0w submitted them to Cydia by clicking the Query button. (Optional)

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (01-23-2013), wiipro (01-24-2013)

Yeah, I don't think I'm a light iPhone user. I'm just reasonable with my preferences.
    Yeah you mentioned the kinds of activities you do but you didn't mention your 'preferences'. But I don't want to hijack this thread.. Let me ask you about it here:
    --click here--

God I've missed my JB!

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgunaca View Post
    My guess on 6.1 is it will go gold master in the next 2 weeks, and that GM will stick around for about 6 more weeks until early March when Apple will hold an event for iPad 5 and then release it before that product rolls out in mid-March. Just a hunch.
    Ugh, the thought of waiting until Mid-March knowing there's probably a jailbreak ready to go...no thanks.

Question. Why is OTA bad? I can personally report worse battery life on a fresh 6.0.2 than I did with OTA from 6.0

Also has there ever been a jailbreak that didn't work for all past FW? Meaning if the jb works for 6.0.2 it will work for that FW and older?

And I'll say it again. I have NEVER seen a jailbreak released for a FW that isn't being signed by apple. Especially sense the iPhone 4S and newer can't even be restored to older FW even with saved blobs and whatnot.

My guess would be the jail break will be released when it works with 6.1. I could be wrong. And because I don't depend on a jail break and would rather be on a current FW i will be updating when 6.1 is released. And if I'm wrong. Oh well lol

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast