+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Rumored to Release Three iPhone Variants Including Unlikely "iPhone Math"

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by subywrex When DND first came out it would not play your alarm sound if DND was on. Haven't tried it sense then. It seems now that was
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,441 Times in 4,286 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    When DND first came out it would not play your alarm sound if DND was on. Haven't tried it sense then. It seems now that was fixed

Regardless DND isn't useful for me. There is never a part of the day that I need my phone to not alert me of incoming calls and messages. I keep my phone on silent just cause I find message tones and ring tones a bit intrusive. Unless I know my phone will be on charge away from my pocket or setting then I take it off silent.

I do understand what DND is for, however just not something I find any value in.
    Its not necessarily about the value in it other than saving you battery life. That's the angle here, bro. You can still direct DND to let vibration only thru as opposed to ringers if that's what you choose. For me it was only about better battery life without it crippling what I need my phone to do. That's why I use it now - the only reason - better battery life. That has value to everyone. Lol!!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Its not necessarily about the value in it other than saving you battery life. That's the angle here, bro. You can still direct DND to let vibration only thru as opposed to ringers if that's what you choose. For me it was only about better battery life without it crippling what I need my phone to do. That's why I use it now - the only reason - better battery life. That has value to everyone. Lol!!
    My phone charges when I'm in bed. When I'm awake I want to be alerted. Simple plus my batter life is above expectations for me. I'm at 8 hours of usage (forgot to put on charge last night) and still have 20 percent battery.

Also the switch on the side of my phone allows me to shut off the ringer lol

Thanks

My phone charges when I'm in bed. When I'm awake I want to be alerted. Simple plus my batter life is above expectations for me. I'm at 8 hours of usage (forgot to put on charge last night) and still have 20 percent battery.

Also the switch on the side of my phone allows me to shut off the ringer lol
    I understand Suby. I was never suggesting you leave it on DND during the day. Leaving it on thru night is enough battery savings if you're off charger to warrant using it. That was the whole point - for battery life savings 'thru' the night only. But if you leave it on charger you break even as we're discussing in the other thread. All good.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I understand Suby. I was never suggesting you leave it on DND during the day. Leaving it on thru night is enough battery savings if you're off charger to warrant using it. That was the whole point - for battery life savings 'thru' the night only. But if you leave it on charger you break even as we're discussing in the other thread. All good.
    I could see how that would save battery if you had people blowing your phone up through all hours of sleeping lol.

DND is really intended not to save battery, but to have your phone not disturb you. My girlfriend is a super light sleeper and DND helps her phone not wake her up.

But really it can save battery should you not charge your phone through the night. To each there own use ya know

Thanks

I could see how that would save battery if you had people blowing your phone up through all hours of sleeping lol.

DND is really intended not to save battery, but to have your phone not disturb you. My girlfriend is a super light sleeper and DND helps her phone not wake her up.

But really it can save battery should you not charge your phone through the night. To each there own use ya know
    Yes.. Of course. We're on same page..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StanSmith View Post
    So who's stealing whos ideas now? The iPad mini is stolen from Android tablets and now the "iPhone Math" is stolen from Galaxy Note.

What idea will Apple steal next?

You can't steal the size of a phone, you can only steal design and the user interface. and no the size of a phone does't have ish to do with it design.

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345