Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Rumored to Release Three iPhone Variants Including Unlikely "iPhone Math"

Quote Originally Posted by StanSmith View Post
    So who's stealing whos ideas now? The iPad mini is stolen from Android tablets and now the "iPhone Math" is stolen from Galaxy Note.

What idea will Apple steal next?
    Thats very true, Im always reading in here and there is always the person who says, why do i need a bigger screen for. thats what most iphone users said until the 5 came out. now thats there is a rumor of a bigger device i bet you no one wants a 3.5 screen anymore. apple is the worst company ever, they only give you a bit of technology so they can have you buying better devices later on with a bit better hardware. not to mention software, they also make their older devices run slower than before so you can upgrade, ohh and once you upgrade your firmware you cant downgrade. also there is more samsung gossip on this website that on actual android forums.
    Last edited by Simon; 01-21-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StanSmith View Post
    So who's stealing whos ideas now? The iPad mini is stolen from Android tablets and now the "iPhone Math" is stolen from Galaxy Note.

What idea will Apple steal next?
    Lmao this statement is just silly. So with your theory all current smartphones must have stole apples ideas. They were first to introduce a stylus free touch screen.

I would hardly call making larger/smaller devices a copy of anything. It's not like Samsung and other companies invented having a larger screen lol.

Also galaxy tablets really wouldn't be where they are with out the iPad. So essentially again with your thought process the smaller android tablets wouldn't be around if they wouldn't have stole apples ideas on the iPad right? Haha.

"What will apple steal next" maybe they will steal visual voice mail? Or voice guided assistants? Or maybe multitouch panels that? Or even high DPI screens? Maybe they will steal having apps in a store?

I mean the list goes on on things they will steal next. Lol. Obviously I'm just trolling because apple was the first to introduce all of these things really. But yet now they all seem to be standard features.

Anyway just messing with you but people need to realize the difference between stealing ideas and keeping up with the direction of technology. Much like the examples above, just because apple may have introduced things doesnt mean android is stealing anything. It means they are smart business people and realize where technology is headed.

In turn they have actually been excelling and arguably been coming up with a lot of popular technologies. Other companies follow suite.

Also people seem to forget that HTC, Samsung etc are all in competition with each other. iPhone is a phone android is an OS. Android sole success is off the hardware that companies put out.
    Last edited by subywrex; 01-21-2013 at 12:18 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

Norb (01-21-2013)

I hope the math is real because that's what I would upgrade to this year for sure.

I am actually a customer they would hold on to if they released this iPhone+, as I am planning to get a Note 3 when it is released.

I agree with those who have said they just need to focus on real improvements. To me the issue seems to be that they are trying to get as much as they can out of each small change to the OS. I forget which iteration it was, but I remember thinking that giving us the power to change the function of a single button to either rotation lock or mute was a bad sign in terms of UI advancement. Instead of doling out these changes incrementally, what if Apple just threw every single update they could think of into iOS 7? I think they feel they would then have nothing for the next one, but in reality it would just force them to actually innovate and come up with new things that separate them from Android. I only got on board at the 3gs, but for me each iOS update has been a long line of watching well thought out jailbreak apps be slowly added to the official iOS builds, aside from additions like Newstand etc.

Anyway, just my two cents. I am aware there are other factors at play as well.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Lmao this statement is just silly. So with your theory all current smartphones must have stole apples ideas. They were first to introduce a stylus free touch screen.

I would hardly call making larger/smaller devices a copy of anything. It's not like Samsung and other companies invented having a larger screen lol.

Also galaxy tablets really wouldn't be where they are with out the iPad. So essentially again with your thought process the smaller android tablets wouldn't be around if they wouldn't have stole apples ideas on the iPad right? Haha.

"What will apple steal next" maybe they will steal visual voice mail? Or voice guided assistants? Or maybe multitouch panels that? Or even high DPI screens? Maybe they will steal having apps in a store?

I mean the list goes on on things they will steal next. Lol. Obviously I'm just trolling because apple was the first to introduce all of these things really. But yet now they all seem to be standard features.

Anyway just messing with you but people need to realize the difference between stealing ideas and keeping up with the direction of technology. Much like the examples above, just because apple may have introduced things doesnt mean android is stealing anything. It means they are smart business people and realize where technology is headed.

In turn they have actually been excelling and arguably been coming up with a lot of popular technologies. Other companies follow suite.

Also people seem to forget that HTC, Samsung etc are all in competition with each other. iPhone is a phone android is an OS. Android sole success is off the hardware that companies put out.
    +10 .. Agreed !!!!!
    JomEr

This rumor is b.s. never to come true. Apple will keep on being Apple. This is nothing like Apple.

You can't revolutionize the phone every time a new phone is released people keep saying where us the wow factor a product can be re invented like once it twice in its life as fit phone this happened when Steve introduced the iPhone the first time after that it's all hardware and software issues how ever the main idea stayed the same a phone with touch screen simple and fun to use with many features that is helpful and other companies copied the product and started saying apple is trying to compete lol what do you expect from a phone to launch missiles I still have an iPhone 4 Abd it's still doing good job

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    If this is true, it makes me sad... Apple is running out of ideas...
    really? apple offering more choices and introducing a "new" device makes you sad?

Bought iPhone5
    Tested Galaxy Note II
    Sold iPhone5
    Bought Note II

Wonderful piece of machine. Perfect for my needs: a few calls, lots of internet, email, messaging...

Quote Originally Posted by blueaviator View Post
    Bought iPhone5
    Tested Galaxy Note II
    Sold iPhone5
    Bought Note II

Wonderful piece of machine. Perfect for my needs: a few calls, lots of internet, email, messaging...
    I did the exact opposite of you. Note II was a big cumbersome kid's toy to me. Didn't look or feel pro to me at all. Each to his own though.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Here we go again. ModMyiTabloid! Give it a rest guys!

I've had every model of iPhone since the 3g (yes both "3" models, both "4" models and the 5), had my iPhone 5 for 6 weeks then I bought my Galaxy S 3, sold my iPhone 5 3 days later... I don't dislike iDevices, still have my iPad, but the GS3 is a better fit for me.

I don't know how anyone could consider a 4.8 inch screen a Phablet? My Galaxy S 3 has a 4.8 inch screen while the Note 2 has a 5.5 inch screen, what a difference .7 inches makes!

Quote Originally Posted by kyphur View Post
    I've had every model of iPhone since the 3g (yes both "3" models, both "4" models and the 5), had my iPhone 5 for 6 weeks then I bought my Galaxy S 3, sold my iPhone 5 3 days later... I don't dislike iDevices, still have my iPad, but the GS3 is a better fit for me.

I don't know how anyone could consider a 4.8 inch screen a Phablet? My Galaxy S 3 has a 4.8 inch screen while the Note 2 has a 5.5 inch screen, what a difference .7 inches makes!
    I was opposite. Lost my IPhone 4S got a GS3 hated it 2 weeks later traded straight up for an iPhone 4S and purchased a 5 on launch day lol

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    I was opposite. Lost my IPhone 4S got a GS3 hated it 2 weeks later traded straight up for an iPhone 4S and purchased a 5 on launch day lol
    Which demonstrates that it really is about what is a better fit for the user as honestly when it comes to being a phone they are all decent devices...

Android phones have been out for years and the iPhone still hasn't changed the ui yet. Most likely not going to why mess up a good thing in there eyes. I mean yea I would love a removable battery, a wider screen and the ability not to have to use iTunes to transfer files. Maybe it will change with the next release or not. One thing is certain it still will have people waiting in line way before the doors open.....

Apple wants to compete against the upcoming Galaxy S IV. Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by barondebxl View Post
    Apple wants to compete against the upcoming Galaxy S IV. Good luck with that.
    Yes your right apple is wanting to compete a phone that isn't released yet. Lmao

Ill let you in on a little secrete - all smart phones compete agains each other.

Apple isn't going anywhere. I mean you obviously still come to pro apple sites lol

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Android phones have been out for years and the iPhone still hasn't changed the ui yet. Most likely not going to why mess up a good thing in there eyes. I mean yea I would love a removable battery, a wider screen and the ability not to have to use iTunes to transfer files. Maybe it will change with the next release or not. One thing is certain it still will have people waiting in line way before the doors open.....
    Why change the UI? The UI looks great, it's fluid and matches through out the phone.

But yes. I think I saw some people camping out already lmao

Quote Originally Posted by kyphur View Post
    Which demonstrates that it really is about what is a better fit for the user as honestly when it comes to being a phone they are all decent devices...
    Exactly, people like to argue over what phone is better, and its such a waste of time. I get caught up in it all the time. Lmao.

Anyway it's all relative to each persons preference. And I still truly beleive that people who just can't live with out a jail break should just go pick up an android. It will do everything out of the box.

However, the UI and over all experience of the stock phone to me was inferior for what I use a phone for. I actually have been on a stock Iphone for quite some time. Sense 6.0 beta 1 ad really like it.
    Last edited by subywrex; 01-21-2013 at 10:45 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ByteArt View Post
    "iPhone Math" is a mistranslation. IPhone Plus is what the site was trying to say, which is a better, but still bad name. Also this is one of the craziest rumors ever. If i bought an iPhone in july that was obsoleted in 5 months id be furious, also, WHY WOULD APPLE MAKE A 4.8" iPHONE! That would just create fragmentation, and iOS apps blown up that big would just be plain stupid. Worst rumor ever.

FYI iOS ALREADY has fragmentation. I suggest you understand the definition of fragmentation.

Not all iDevices can run the same version of iOS = fragmentation
    Not all apps work on all iDevices = fragmentation
    Not all iPhones of the same model work the same way on all carriers = fragmentation

In addition, most apps for the iPhone 5 are NOT optimized for the longer screen--they have a black bar at the top and bottom. some devs will fix this, most will not. if apple made a 4.8" device it would have the same issues as the iPhone 5 which is not a big deal.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    really? apple offering more choices and introducing a "new" device makes you sad?
    Well I guess a bigger phone doesn't appeal to me, so I'm hoping that this is not all is going to be "new" from Apple. I know there are not many drastic things you can do once you get to a certain point... so it does make sense (I guess). Just hope it's not the end of the road for new ideas and all we are going to see now is different size and more colors ...

Thanks
    Thanked 15,541 Times in 7,105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    FYI iOS ALREADY has fragmentation. I suggest you understand the definition of fragmentation.

Not all iDevices can run the same version of iOS = fragmentation
    Not all apps work on all iDevices = fragmentation
    Not all iPhones of the same model work the same way on all carriers = fragmentation

In addition, most apps for the iPhone 5 are NOT optimized for the longer screen--they have a black bar at the top and bottom. some devs will fix this, most will not. if apple made a 4.8" device it would have the same issues as the iPhone 5 which is not a big deal.
    Compared to Android, iOS is about as fragmented as a sandwich cut in half.
    And do you have an iPhone 5? No? Then how would you know what apps have been iPhone 5 optimized? I do have one and most, if not all, of the apps I use have now been updated to accomodate the extra screen space.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast