+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Samsung Ad Bashes Apple and RIM while Promoting Galaxy Lineup for Enterprises

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default New Samsung Ad Bashes Apple and RIM while Promoting Galaxy Lineup for Enterprises

As many of you know, Apple has been working hard on trying to enter the enterprise market Samsung seems to be joining the club in trying to promote its Samsung Galaxy lineup for business too. In a new commercial which aired during NFC’s championship game and subsequently published on Samsung’s YouTube channel, a bunch of hipsters working for a mobile games developer are depicted using the Galaxy smartphones and tablets. The ad showcases a variety of different features found on the Galaxy lineup and the Android platform, trying to point out why it’s better than rivals such as Apple and RIM.

You can’t really blame Samsung for amping up its anti-Apple campaign to include RIM as well, especially when trying to enter the enterprise market. The South Korean manufacturer takes several jabs at the BlackBerry lineup including pointing out that it isn’t good for much of anything anymore, including business. The commercial ends up closing with the “the next big thing for business is already here” tagline, a small variation over its previous iteration. Samsung even went as far as starting a website and Facebook Page dedicated to the Galaxy S III and Note II in a work environment, much like what Apple did with iPhones and iPads in business.

As of right now, Apple seems to be the leading mobile brand in many of the world’s top corporations leaving Samsung facing an uphill battle when trying to persuade big businesses to adopt their devices. On the other hand, Samsung only needs to incentivize corporate buyers to make the switch since the company is known for deep discounts on bulk devices purchases where Apple is not. With the economy being the way it is right now, many businesses are looking to cut costs, leaving Samsung with an opportunity to be considered.

What do you think of the ad? Share your thoughts and opinions below!

Source: Samsung Mobile USA (YouTube)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think this ad doesn't really make sense, half of it is talking about the unicorn app, and maybe 5% of the phone.. and only 0.01% of the new safe technology they ONLY mention 2 times in the whole thing! IDK to me it just seems stupid!

Thanks

It just shows android fanboys being android fanboys... They're like Jehovah Witnesses.

Dude is watching a game and "closing deals with clients" on his phone when he has workstation in front of him. Who would use a phone over a computer right next to them?

Then the whole "this one is for work, this one is for home" she doesn't even say what would make the GS3 better, if it does have something that makes it easier it seems like a huge missed opportunity. I was actually curious...

OOhh AES 256 ENCRYPTED? Damn so it's super secure from people hooking your phone up to a computer... how about just being secure in general. iPhone 5 still hasn't been jail broken, that actually says a lot.
    Last edited by Norb; 01-21-2013 at 01:44 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I am not sure what this commercial is hoping to prove or say. It really doesn't make sense. I don't feel any more or less compelled to own any brand of smart phone after viewing this. The whole Black Berry and iPhone reminded me of my work a while ago. We had a specific app for dispatching to calls that didn't have an iOS app ready yet, and it was company supplied. I had my own phone on the side, which was an iPhone.

But yea, good thing Samsung has money to blow on ads which don't seem to convey anything, instead of pooling it into R&D of how to copy some other companies technology.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    It just shows android fanboys being android fanboys... They're like Jehovah Witnesses.

Dude is watching a game and "closing deals with clients" on his phone when he has workstation in front of him. Who would use a phone over a computer right next to them?

Then the whole "this one is for work, this one is for home" she doesn't even say what would make the GS3 better, if it does have something that makes it easier it seems like a huge missed opportunity. I was actually curious...

OOhh AES 256 ENCRYPTED? Damn so it's super secure from people hooking your phone up to a computer... how about just being secure in general. iPhone 5 still hasn't been jail broken, that actually says a lot.

Earlier in January, iOS hacker planetbeing shared on Reddit that he had an untethered iOS 6 jailbreak running on his iOS 6.0.2 iPhone 5

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post

It would have been jail broke if they had the old team together and someone did jailbreak it in 2 days, just didn't release it. Now Apple has to be careful because they have so many limitations on what you can do with your device, it wouldn't shock me if companies switched in a heartbeat. The last thing are the discounts! How many companies would pass up such a big discount?

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

All I got from the ad was people who like Samsung phones also like unicorns...?

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

I really enjoyed the commercial. And the unicorn was the project they were working on. If you didn't get that then...... Never mind

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,096 Times in 807 Posts

This will just confuse people, it's not going to sell phones
    Last edited by dsg; 01-21-2013 at 08:18 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I understood only those parts where they bash up Apple and Black Berry. Apart from that, I couldn't understand anything about the phone from that advertisement.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This ad is a full of crap.

This ad is full of crap.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chase Hainey View Post
    I am not sure what this commercial is hoping to prove or say. It really doesn't make sense. I don't feel any more or less compelled to own any brand of smart phone after viewing this. The whole Black Berry and iPhone reminded me of my work a while ago. We had a specific app for dispatching to calls that didn't have an iOS app ready yet, and it was company supplied. I had my own phone on the side, which was an iPhone.

But yea, good thing Samsung has money to blow on ads which don't seem to convey anything, instead of pooling it into R&D of how to copy some other companies technology.
    same thing apple did years ago with mac and pc commercials. and here you are buying their products. people should think before writing. samsung devices are the best out there. hardware, software and durability.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    All I got from the ad was people who like Samsung phones also like unicorns...?
    ^ wot he said👍

Thanks

This commercial did more to hurt the image of the Samsung phone consumer than anything. Not really good advertising.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CHICOHONDA91 View Post
    same thing apple did years ago with mac and pc commercials. and here you are buying their products. people should think before writing. samsung devices are the best out there. hardware, software and durability.
    Durability!!! Had to sell my s3 after about 5 months because the bezel had more cracks than an old woman's face.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JagXK8 View Post
    Earlier in January, iOS hacker planetbeing shared on Reddit that he had an untethered iOS 6 jailbreak running on his iOS 6.0.2 iPhone 5
    Except it won't work on public devices so in order to use it in the wild you,d have to a) obtain the exploit (not easy) and b) register the device on a developers account. Overall that makes the iPhone more secure than the Samsung...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CHICOHONDA91 View Post
    This ad is nowhere near in the league of the Mac vs PC ads of years past.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    Durability!!! Had to sell my s3 after about 5 months because the bezel had more cracks than an old woman's face.
    well if you keep dropping it more **** will break. now go drop an iphone and you will see a straight up shattered glass, marks on the aluminum etc. an apple fan boy will always be one no matter what better devices are out there.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,597 Times in 6,428 Posts

Android is an open OS, it will never be as secure as iOS.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    what I am sure about is that you never owned a SG3!