+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weekly Tweak Recap Jan. 14 - Jan. 20

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
In case you've missed out on the new jailbreak tweaks Cydia has seen, this recap will highlight the tweaks we've shown you this week. These are in no specific order.
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Weekly Tweak Recap Jan. 14 - Jan. 20

In case you've missed out on the new jailbreak tweaks Cydia has seen, this recap will highlight the tweaks we've shown you this week. These are in no specific order.

1. Tempus – $1.99

Tempus is a new jailbreak tweak that improves the way iOS lets us control our music library from our lock screen. Providing us with our full music library on our lock screen, more intuitive music controls, and a bonus brightness slider, Tempus is a must-have for anyone that listens to a lot of music on their iOS device. Tempus can be used from the lock screen, so there’s no need to even unlock your device to find all the music you want to play, and it supports music filtering too. Tempus uses swipe gestures for operating its various features and it integrates nicely into the lock screen. Check it out!

2. Reminders+ – FREE

Reminders+ is a new free jailbreak tweak that allows you to pin any of your reminders from the Reminders application on your lock screen so that they’re always in your face. Normally, reminders are very quiet in iOS, only showing up in the Notification Center and not alerting you until you’ve asked to be alerted. However, the best way to be reminded of things is to constantly have them in sight. Since we visit our lock screens more often than Notification Center, Reminders+ is a great way to remember things. You can add reminders manually by holding down on them from the Reminders application and adding them to your bulletin.

3. Carnitine – FREE

Carnitine is a new free jailbreak tweak that allows for application-based Wi-Fi enabling. If your Wi-Fi is disabled, Carnitine will allow you to automatically re-enable Wi-Fi when the application you open requires it. This makes it easy to re-enable your Wi-Fi when you have it turned off without having to exit the application you just opened and going into Settings to re-enable Wi-Fi. Carnitine remembers your setting so that if you ever turn off Wi-Fi in the future, and open the application that needs Wi-Fi again, Wi-Fi will automatically re-enable itself so that the application requiring Wi-Fi can do what it needs to do.

Stay tuned for next week's Weekly Tweak Recap - only on ModMyi!

If you missed our previous Weekly Tweak Recap, you can view it from this link.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-20-2013 at 07:53 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why don't you guys make a Weekly Theme Recap? That would be nice

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sedatz For This Useful Post:

BadJ3d1 (01-20-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone TwistedSoul's Avatar
    Thanks

Theme of the year for 2012-13 is Auros. Everyone should own!

iPhone? More like MyPhone WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
    Thanks

Reminders+ and tempus are nice ^.^

Thanks

What no links to the stuff??? And yes please do this every week. Now I have to close and go find them. But thanks for the info. Love them!!

Thanks

Yes the tweak recaps are great, but the theme of the week needs revived. Themers generally put as much work into creating a theme as developers do in designing and building a tweak. There just needs to be more of a balance between the two in my opinion.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BadJ3d1 For This Useful Post:

aidanharris (01-21-2013)

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea you guys should make a theme recap, starting with a theme called iMagination its really awesome

iPhone? More like MyPhone Luiscastro23's Avatar
    Thanks

Jaku is the best theme of 2012-13 hands down

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luiscastro23 For This Useful Post:

aidanharris (01-21-2013), vasyndrom (01-26-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It was only after, i became a member of this forum , i came to know about jailbreak and all other stuff. I am was a bit skeptical about that. But then, with such cool and useful jailbreak tweaks like reminder+ and carnitine , I think i will go for it soon ! too good an application .

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scorpluto View Post
    It was only after, i became a member of this forum , i came to know about jailbreak and all other stuff. I am was a bit skeptical about that. But then, with such cool and useful jailbreak tweaks like reminder+ and carnitine , I think i will go for it soon ! too good an application .
    Well its obvious that your new to jailbreak ( no offense ) or else you wouldnt be calling reminder plus or carnitine good tweaks... You should check the OLD yet awesome tweaks like intelliscreenX and many others

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Some of the "theme" post's have thousands of reply's. Them themes do seem to get busy on Mmi.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    Some of the "theme" post's have thousands of reply's. Them themes do seem to get busy on Mmi.
    Yet they don't seem to get a mention on the homepage..

I'm sure if Anthony is too busy to write about themes a well known theme artist would be happy to write a small blog/article each week or month (I'd say month as there is not enough "good" themes out each week) about what they think is good and bad...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSoul View Post
    Theme of the year for 2012-13 is Auros. Everyone should own!
    That is the ugliest theme I have ever seen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by broyo View Post
    That is the ugliest theme I have ever seen.
    Lol no one can appear to agree on a specific theme.

Quote Originally Posted by WiiWendy
    What no links to the stuff??? And yes please do this every week. Now I have to close and go find them. But thanks for the info. Love them!!
    We have included links to the articles explaining the tweaks, so you can read about them. But you do have to search in Cydia to download them.

Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail
    Well its obvious that your new to jailbreak ( no offense ) or else you wouldnt be calling reminder plus or carnitine good tweaks... You should check the OLD yet awesome tweaks like intelliscreenX and many others
    Not every jailbreak release is going to be the most impressive thing we've ever seen in the world, but it's still great that the developers are thinking of ways to change the operating system in a way that they see as advantageous.

The goal of an open store like Cydia is to bring to life third party ideas that we couldn't do with a stock iPhone. You just can't expect an IntelliScreenX with every jailbreak tweak release.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-21-2013 at 08:00 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Lol no one can appear to agree on a specific theme.

We have included links to the articles explaining the tweaks, so you can read about them. But you do have to search in Cydia to download them.

Not every jailbreak release is going to be the most impressive thing we've ever seen in the world, but it's still great that the developers are thinking of ways to change the operating system in a way that they see as advantageous.

The goal of an open store like Cydia is to bring to life third party ideas that we couldn't do with a stock iPhone. You just can't expect an IntelliScreenX with every jailbreak tweak release.
    But why can't themes be showcases like tweaks are? Tweaks are brought into the limelight, while themes are almost always never mentioned. Besides, no one has to agree on a specific tweak in order for it to be showcased. There's just a huge imbalance between the two.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BadJ3d1 View Post
    But why can't themes be showcases like tweaks are? Tweaks are brought into the limelight, while themes are almost always never mentioned. Besides, no one has to agree on a specific tweak in order for it to be showcased. There's just a huge imbalance between the two.
    I'm not saying they can't be.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-22-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post

Another old tweak is vWallpaper2 and also androidLockXT

Btw, +1