Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pod2g and Planetbeing Announce Progress On iOS 6 Untethered Jailbreak

Default Pod2g and Planetbeing Announce Progress On iOS 6 Untethered Jailbreak

iOS 6 still lacks an untethered jailbreak solution on newer iOS devices, although users of older limera1n devices can experience a tethered jailbreak on iOS 6 thanks to a bootrom exploit and old bootrom iPhone 3GS models do have an untethered jailbreak on iOS 6.

Earlier in January, iOS hacker planetbeing shared on Reddit that he had an untethered iOS 6 jailbreak running on his iOS 6.0.2 iPhone 5, however he wasn’t going to release it just yet because it contained a valuable exploit that he wanted to save and iOS 6.1 is just on the horizon and would likely break a small part of the jailbreak.

The good news is that last night hacker planetbeing hinted on Twitter that progress has been made with iOS hacker pod2g towards the untethered jailbreak for iOS 6. Pod2g responded about 10 hours later sharing that they had found two new vulnerabilities in one day, which is excellent progress. The vulnerabilities are essential for the jailbreaking process. On the other hand, pod2g shares that the "initial code execution for a public jailbreak" is still missing.

Pod2g and planetbeing were huge players in the release of the iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak, so we trust what they say. Pod2g once stated that he was very confident that we’d see an untethered jailbreak on iOS 6, newer devices included, within the coming months. However, with the progress that is being made, we can only guess that it will be slightly quicker than that.

There is still a lot of work that has to be done. iOS 6.1 has not been publicly released yet, so the hackers will more than likely be waiting for that release to see how the jailbreak plays out. Afterwards, the hackers will need to test its stability and then produce jailbreak tools that jailbreakers can use to finally jailbreak their devices. This will all add to the time it will take to get the jailbreak into the public’s hands.

Please continue to offer positive support for these hackers and remain patient!

Sources: planetbeing and pod2g
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-19-2013 at 01:19 PM. Reason: word choice changes

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-20-2013), bluevixen (01-19-2013), brutus (01-20-2013), ohthatguyagain (01-19-2013)

support!

Thanks god! Thank you for all the work. I have ANY apple product w/o ability to modify it.

Leggo POD2 and PLanet!!!

Planet & Pod = Rockstars. Huge Thanks for the Hard & Devoted work on the scene.

We are so close! I cannot wait for the untethered and BootRom releases. Especially if the BootRom works with the 5s as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    We are so close! I cannot wait for the untethered and BootRom releases. Especially if the BootRom works with the 5s as well.
    Bootrom is not even close.

The only progress is an untethered iOS 6 jailbreak.

Hopefully we will see something before the iPhone 5S is released.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Ill take an jailbreak for the five right now tethered or not

It would be nice if the jailbreak was released before I got my Pebble. I am concerned about Cydia apps that do not work on iOS6 and the Cydia apps iOS6.1 might break.

Thanks

Excellent! Shouldn't be much longer. Definitely have to donate to these guys..they do this for the love and we all benefit.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Excellent! Shouldn't be much longer. Definitely have to donate to these guys..they do this for the love and we all benefit.
    +1

Yess not much wait left hopefully!

I personally wish they wouldn't reveal this info till after apple release the update as either apple will patch or delay the update!

my iPhone 5 can't wait. I told it the news and it jumped in joy

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to regkilla For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-20-2013), Bigboy388 (01-21-2013)

Calm down folks. There's still no method for injecting the payload. No ETA of any kind here.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to csglinux For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpySod View Post
    I personally wish they wouldn't reveal this info till after apple release the update as either apple will patch or delay the update!
    There's not much to worry about. They didn't reveal any specifics about the vulnerabilities, so Apple won't even know what to patch.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-20-2013)

It would be great to be jailbroken again but my iphone 5 is fine without it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by regkilla View Post
    my iPhone 5 can't wait. I told it the news and it jumped in joy
    Lo

Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    It would be great to be jailbroken again but my iphone 5 is fine without it.
    That is the first time I've heard a comment like this since the iPhone 5 release.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (01-19-2013)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast