+ Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pod2g and Planetbeing Announce Progress On iOS 6 Untethered Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Faresismail Hey... Im an iphone user, i've been ever since the first iphone came out... The thing is im thinking about switch to android ( note 2
    My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
    Hey... Im an iphone user, i've been ever since the first iphone came out... The thing is im thinking about switch to android ( note 2 ) i now have an iphone 4 jailbroken... Recently apple hasnt been innovating there products so im thinking about changing to android... Can anyone convince me not to or at least tell me whats wrong whit android ( beside that the apps are released on the apple store before the android )
    I am actually doing the exact same thing with the exact same device. I got an android admiral from work the other day (not sure if it can be rooted) and I actually like the android part of it. The blackberry keyboard needs to go though. I can tell you that we certainly are not the only ones. I know a so many that have jumped apples ship because of their communist ways.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jj2345's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a both iPhone 5 and a galaxy s3
    While i LOVE my galaxy I still use my iphone every day because its so simple to use.i can't tell you which is better because they both have flaws.
    i love my galaxy because of the size of the screen but there's times I hate it when I'm doing certain things.
    I love the screen of my iPhone Aswell,its look so much crispier.
    But there's times I hate having a small screen when doing certain things

Green Apple
    Thanks
    After 4 years as an iPhone switched to to an Android phone a month ago, the HTC One X+ Plus to be exact. I've been pretty happy with it so far. It's up there with iPhone in terms of build quailty, screen quailty and offering 64GB of on boardI storage. Yet it's open unlike iOS 6.

While I still like iPhone it's time has past for being my main device. 4s was my last one. If Apple opened up iOS some and increased size more I would probably come back.
    Last edited by dalton4life; 01-20-2013 at 06:42 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Like many others here, I have been jailbreaking my phone and following the jailbreak scene for years. I am no expert, but over the years I have learned a lot about the jailbreaking process. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong... but isn't the hardest part of the whole process finding a injection method? And they haven't made any progress in this area since the iPhone 5 was released correct? The fact that they found 2 new vulnerabilities is excellent news, but without a injection method, these vulnerabilities cannot be utilized...correct?
    planetbeing clarified pod2g's tweet on Reddit. He said, "pod2g discovered a vulnerability and told me about it and I tried to integrate it into my existing jailbreak code to replace one of the ones we don't want to burn. I discovered I couldn't get his to work due to some miscommunication, but in the process of trying to get his to work, I discovered a new vulnerability for doing the same thing. I did get THAT one to work and it's now integrated with the rest.
    Unfortunately, as pod2g says, neither bug has to do with initial code injection, which we currently don't have a duplicate/backup vulnerability for at all." (planetbeing comments on Two new vulnerabilities found, iOS 6 jailbreak coming closer!)

A lot of the questions about a public jailbreak for A5/A6 devices has hinged on these exploits that the devs don't want to 'burn' by including in a public jailbreak. They want to save them so they can get into future versions of iOS and look for bugs. So the first part of that message is pretty good news: they found an exploit which can replace an exploit they want to save. The second part, my take on that is they *do* have an initial code injection (hence plentbeing's post that he's got a working unether for 6.0.2), but it requires using one of the exploits they want to save. So, they need to find a replacement for that; I'm guessing that's what they are working on these days. As far as I can tell, a public jailbreak is going to require two major things to happen: 1) finding replacements for all of the exploits they want to save for future jailbreaking, including the code injection exploit. I don't know how many of those exploits they want to save, but they've found a replacement for at least one. 2) seeing which holes 6.1 fixes and then determining if a 6.1 jailbreak is feasible. It may well be that we'll need to stay on 6.0.x if we want a jailbreak while they look into 6.1.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    That is the first time I've heard a comment like this since the iPhone 5 release.
    ya, well it is fast

Green Apple
    Thanks

My battery sucks on 6.0.2 I get like 5 hrs of usage when I used to get 8-9
    I'm gonna update as soon as 6.1 comes out as long as it address the issue regardless if the jailbreak works on it or not

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlevine54 View Post
    My battery sucks on 6.0.2 I get like 5 hrs of usage when I used to get 8-9
    I'm gonna update as soon as 6.1 comes out as long as it address the issue regardless if the jailbreak works on it or not
    But save your SHSH blobs before you do... Just in case... Anyway good luck.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Funny how the most popular articles on a JAILBREAK FORUM are always articles on jailbreaks NOT patents..

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

It will be here before we know it! Can't wait.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by regkilla View Post
    my iPhone 5 can't wait. I told it the news and it jumped in joy
    That was funny hey! 😃

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jaoniy2k For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-20-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

But save your SHSH blobs before you do... Just in case... Anyway good luck.
    I thought that you aren't able to save your blobs on 6.0.2? And thanks for responding

Thanks
    Thanked 15,081 Times in 6,936 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mlevine54 View Post
    I thought that you aren't able to save your blobs on 6.0.2? And thanks for responding
    redsnow can save them for 6.0.2 for you. Tiny umbrella hasn't been updated to do 6.0.2 yet.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    redsnow can save them for 6.0.2 for you. Tiny umbrella hasn't been updated to do 6.0.2 yet.
    Thanks! Ill try it out and get back to you
    Btw I did a clean restore this morning and I think the battery life is better!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Bootrom is not even close.

The only progress is an untethered iOS 6 jailbreak.
    I don't even see where you can get this from those two tweets. They say nothing of progress toward an untether.

...unless they meant that they need to find a way for initial code execution so they don't have to reveal the secret method they're currently using.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shigoroku View Post
    I don't even see where you can get this from those two tweets. They say nothing of progress toward an untether.

...unless they meant that they need to find a way for initial code execution so they don't have to reveal the secret method they're currently using.
    My information via comment isn't from the two Tweets.

I'm commenting because that's what I think.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is there ever going to be an update to redsn0w for a tethered 6.0.1 jailbreak? It's keeping me from being able to jailbreak my Verizon iPhone 4, and honestly, semitether is almost as good as an untethered jailbreak in my opinion.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tysonhemelstrand View Post
    Is there ever going to be an update to redsn0w for a tethered 6.0.1 jailbreak? It's keeping me from being able to jailbreak my Verizon iPhone 4, and honestly, semitether is almost as good as an untethered jailbreak in my opinion.
    I'm able to use redsn0w to jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 tethered just fine.

You should be able to just point redsn0w to the iOS 6.0 firmware file. It works.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I did point it to 6.0 and I followed the steps in iCrackuridevice's video exactly. I do have experience wit this stuff, i just can't get 6.0.1 to jb. Oh well, I'll just wait for 6.1.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tysonhemelstrand View Post
    I did point it to 6.0 and I followed the steps in iCrackuridevice's video exactly. I do have experience wit this stuff, i just can't get 6.0.1 to jb. Oh well, I'll just wait for 6.1.
    Did you try our guide?

How to Jailbreak Tethered iOS 6.0 or iOS 6.0.1 With Redsn0w 0.9

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey... Im an iphone user, i've been ever since the first iphone came out... The thing is im thinking about switch to android ( note 2 ) i now have an iphone 4 jailbroken... Recently apple hasnt been innovating there products so im thinking about changing to android... Can anyone convince me not to or at least tell me whats wrong whit android ( beside that the apps are released on the apple store before the android )
    It's just not intuitive. You'll have to google for basic directions like how to email a picture you just took, how to change your email signature, how to text someone an address you found by googling, etc, etc, etc.