+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pod2g and Planetbeing Announce Progress On iOS 6 Untethered Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by *T* Totally agree. Jailbreaking has lost nearly all of its appeal. All the new tweaks are garbage, remakes or garbage. Themes haven't been relevant since iOS 4.
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    Totally agree. Jailbreaking has lost nearly all of its appeal. All the new tweaks are garbage, remakes or garbage. Themes haven't been relevant since iOS 4. The only thing people use jailbreaking for nowadays is pirating apps/music/tethering services and converting to TMobile, which doesn't even provide decent service.
    Except that:

1) This jailbreak won't unlock your phone (there hasn't been a baseband unlock for years).
    2) These days you can easily unlock, pirate apps, music & tethering services (if you really believe the latter constitutes piracy) without a jailbreak.
    3) There is no official Apple App Store equivalent to biteSMS, SBSettings, Activator, Zephyr, VoiceActivator, f.lux, Dimmer, iBlacklist, AppLocker, IntelliScreenX, App Switcher Brightness, Navigate From Maps, Double At, iFile, iGotYa, NetMeter, NowNow, OpenSSH, Phone GV Extension, SMS GV Extension, Remove Backgound, Safari Upload Enabler, to name a few.

So I understand your sentiments, but unfortunately you do still have to jailbreak to get the basic functionality that you'd get out-of-the-box with Android.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to csglinux For This Useful Post:

biglittleman (01-21-2013), StanSmith (01-22-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,949 Times in 6,193 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    Totally agree. Jailbreaking has lost nearly all of its appeal. All the new tweaks are garbage, remakes or garbage. Themes haven't been relevant since iOS 4. The only thing people use jailbreaking for nowadays is pirating apps/music/tethering services and converting to TMobile, which doesn't even provide decent service.
    Wow, I must be doing it wrong then.

Yikes! Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Googly2moogly View Post
    I will be the first one to jailbreak I funking hate iphone 5 battery life, lack of native google maps app, and where and why did they get rid of native youtube app!
    I'm really not sure what a jailbreak will do for these issues????

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    So I understand your sentiments, but unfortunately you do still have to jailbreak to get the basic functionality that you'd get out-of-the-box with Android.
    I was with you until you had to bring up android??? Let's not start this again.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 01-19-2013 at 08:09 PM.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-20-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I say hold on to it until ios7. Lol
    I am content with my iPhone/iPad/iPod as the stand

And androids.... Lol... The phones next to the beef jerky

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Like many others here, I have been jailbreaking my phone and following the jailbreak scene for years. I am no expert, but over the years I have learned a lot about the jailbreaking process. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong... but isn't the hardest part of the whole process finding a injection method? And they haven't made any progress in this area since the iPhone 5 was released correct? The fact that they found 2 new vulnerabilities is excellent news, but without a injection method, these vulnerabilities cannot be utilized...correct?

Anthony...Do you know something we don't...? Or is finding a injection method not as hard as I thought it was? I ask because you seem quite confident in saying that we will be getting a jailbreak fairly soon...The people want to know!! 😄
    Last edited by iLoveWindows&iPhone; 01-19-2013 at 08:47 PM.
    El Zurdo

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iLoveWindows&iPhone For This Useful Post:

fanboyfanboy (01-19-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Like many others here, I have been jailbreaking my phone and following the jailbreak scene for years. I am no expert, but over the years I have learned a lot about the jailbreaking process. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong... but isn't the hardest part of the whole process finding a injection method?
    Yes, you are correct, which is why this wont have an effect on ATV3. People don't understand ATV3 could have been jailbroken on 5.1.1 with rocky raccoon.
    The problem is they have no injection vector. That's what people need to realize, the injection vector is one of the hardest parts to find. And with the ATV3 having such a "small" set of code to work with, compared to other iDevices. Their has not been an injection vector found yet for it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to fanboyfanboy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-19-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Voice Activator: Siri can now launch apps.

Navigate from Maps: Maps has navigation now.

Anyway, I bought pod2g's DJ app to show my support. For those who don't know, I was jail broken on 5.1.1 but chose to lose my jailbreak as the DJ app is only supported on iOS 6. And I know I could've bought the app on iTunes but I wanted to try the app plus I really don't miss the jailbreak since I've had the 5. And yes I'll be the first one to jailbreak my 5 when the jailbreak comes out.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Except that:

1) This jailbreak won't unlock your phone (there hasn't been a baseband unlock for years).
    2) These days you can easily unlock, pirate apps, music & tethering services (if you really believe the latter constitutes piracy) without a jailbreak.
    3) There is no official Apple App Store equivalent to biteSMS, SBSettings, Activator, Zephyr, VoiceActivator, f.lux, Dimmer, iBlacklist, AppLocker, IntelliScreenX, App Switcher Brightness, Navigate From Maps, Double At, iFile, iGotYa, NetMeter, NowNow, OpenSSH, Phone GV Extension, SMS GV Extension, Remove Backgound, Safari Upload Enabler, to name a few.

Then buy an android? Lol unfortunately there is no app for android that makes its build quality better! Lmao sorry had to do it

12. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (01-19-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Then buy an android? Lol unfortunately there is no app for android that makes its build quality better! Lmao sorry had to do it
    Somehow that is always overlooked!
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Somehow that is always overlooked!
    YES.

Just kidding.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-19-2013 at 10:40 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Then buy an android? Lol unfortunately there is no app for android that makes its build quality better!
    True enough :-) But this may change soon with the GS4. Samsung is aware of the cheap plastic image it carries. And the GS4 may arrive before the iPhone 5 jailbreak.

Thanks

True enough :-) But this may change soon with the GS4. Samsung is aware of the cheap plastic image it carries. And the GS4 may arrive before the iPhone 5 jailbreak.
    There's always the next best thing around the corner. It will never change, that's the way it is.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Anthony, thank you for the constant updates
    I lost my jailbreak when I upgraded to the I5 thinking a jb would be released soon after. I then hung on to my ipad 2 jb and that is what is getting me by As much as the apple products are on top of their line, I must say that I am going to hang on to my I5, my ipad 2, my ipod 4 and my imac for a while. There is just too much going on, too fast. I purchased a samsung galaxy note 2 and took it back within 10 days. Yes there are alot of this and that out the box but it only came in 16 gbs and yes you can add an sd card but can only store pictures, music and videos. Verizon could not explain to me why the phone used up almost 6 gbs in 'additional files' when not even a pc uses that many gbs for an operating system. Sooooo, I walked away that evening telling myself, the jb will be released and all will be just fine So glad I did not sell my I5 as my friend wanted me to when I purchased the Note.
    Have an awesome week xo

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Voice Activator: Siri can now launch apps.

Navigate from Maps: Maps has navigation now.
    Siri: Very limited functionality and poor voice recognition accuracy. You can set VoiceActivator to do pretty much anything and it'll actually understand you.

Maps: I suppose if you needed to reach the center of that Australian desert or the Berlin that's in Antarctica, then you could directly use Apple maps for driving directions. I'd still prefer 'Navigate From Maps', so that I had the choice of Google Maps, Waze, Navigon, etc.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Siri: Very limited functionality and poor voice recognition accuracy. You can set VoiceActivator to do pretty much anything and it'll actually understand you.

Maps: I suppose if you needed to reach the center of that Australian desert or the Berlin that's in Antarctica, then you could directly use Apple maps for driving directions. I'd still prefer 'Navigate From Maps', so that I had the choice of Google Maps, Waze, Navigon, etc.
    Have to disagree with almost everything here lol. Siri has great voice recognition. She hasn't let me down yet. Also same for maps. Been working great for me sense beta 1

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-20-2013), vinaygoel2000 (01-20-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 838 Posts

Great news! My donation is waiting to be sent. Actually, I should probably send it now - then the can spend it on coffee and stay up longer and work harder!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-20-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rcooley617's Avatar
    Thanks

It's so sad, how jailbreaking has died out...... It use to be the number one thing on this site & now you try & cloud our visions w/ all this irrelevant news about stocks, lawsuits, and buyouts. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought this was MAINLY a hacker/modification site. I appreciate the other news, but the way y'all are trying to take away from the site is pathetic.
    "R-R"

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Have to disagree with almost everything here lol. Siri has great voice recognition. She hasn't let me down yet. Also same for maps. Been working great for me sense beta 1
    I'm happy it works for you, but 95% of the world's population does not live in the US or speak with an American accent.

Thanks

It's obvious that Apple is making the hackers wait by holding out as long as possible on the 6.1 update. It's all about control... and that seems to be Apple's best defense... time.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    There's not much to worry about. They didn't reveal any specifics about the vulnerabilities, so Apple won't even know what to patch.
    You really don't think that Apple doesn't have a campus full of people going over every inch of code every day? Apple has shown that they are completely on top of making it EXTREMELY difficult to exploit the iOS. I can guarantee its only going to get harder with every jb that is released.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to PoEtikly For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (01-21-2013)

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey... Im an iphone user, i've been ever since the first iphone came out... The thing is im thinking about switch to android ( note 2 ) i now have an iphone 4 jailbroken... Recently apple hasnt been innovating there products so im thinking about changing to android... Can anyone convince me not to or at least tell me whats wrong whit android ( beside that the apps are released on the apple store before the android )