+ Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pod2g and Planetbeing Announce Progress On iOS 6 Untethered Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard There's not much to worry about. They didn't reveal any specifics about the vulnerabilities, so Apple won't even know what to patch. I disagree, Apple
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,635 Times in 1,952 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    There's not much to worry about. They didn't reveal any specifics about the vulnerabilities, so Apple won't even know what to patch.
    I disagree, Apple will be scrupulously checking the 6.1 code to tighten up any areas/vulnerabilities especially with a JB on the horizon now. Hence the reason why PB said he didnt see any reason to hold onto a JB for unsigned FW if 6.1 patched those exploits in 6.0.2 by Apple. Sure it goes against the tradition but could be a possibly with how tough it's becoming to JB these days...
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    I disagree, Apple will be scrupulously checking the 6.1 code to tighten up any areas/vulnerabilities especially with a JB on the horizon now.
    Maybe, maybe not.

There is no guarantee in either direction, however software will always have vulnerabilities. This is an absolute.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

I disagree, Apple will be scrupulously checking the 6.1 code to tighten up any areas/vulnerabilities especially with a JB on the horizon now. Hence the reason why PB said he didnt see any reason to hold onto a JB for unsigned FW if 6.1 patched those exploits in 6.0.2 by Apple. Sure it goes against the tradition but could be a possibly with how tough it's becoming to JB these days...
    So you think that apple only "scrupulously" looks for holes to patch when there is a jailbreak on in the talks? Lol. Apple is ALWAYS doing this to prevent any holes.

They already know jail breakers find them. As long as no specifics are released then apple has no clue what vulns are being used.

But don't fool yourself apple wants a secure OS they know jail breakers are finding things and they are always working around the clock to close any holes.

Also as Anthony stated, there will always be holes. It's the nature of software. The only way to be completely secure is never introduce new hardware and software features and keep patching holes found.

But with new hardware and new features always comes more holes

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by STM127 View Post
    It would be nice if the jailbreak was released before I got my Pebble. I am concerned about Cydia apps that do not work on iOS6 and the Cydia apps iOS6.1 might break.
    Research this thru ModMyI and google.
    You will get your answers.
    There is a spreadsheet being updated with the info.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jj2345's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    That is the first time I've heard a comment like this since the iPhone 5 release.
    Don't worry I bet he will be one of the first guys to jailbreak

Thanks

You guys are gods man!

*T*
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    It would be great to be jailbroken again but my iphone 5 is fine without it.
    Totally agree. Jailbreaking has lost nearly all of its appeal. All the new tweaks are garbage, remakes or garbage. Themes haven't been relevant since iOS 4. The only thing people use jailbreaking for nowadays is pirating apps/music/tethering services and converting to TMobile, which doesn't even provide decent service.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I will be the first one to jailbreak I funking hate iphone 5 battery life, lack of native google maps app, and where and why did they get rid of native youtube app!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jj2345 View Post
    Don't worry I bet he will be one of the first guys to jailbreak
    You make it sound as if I said jailbreaking sucks. All i meant was if a jailbreak comes out, I'll jailbreak my 5 but if not I won't care.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    So you think that apple only "scrupulously" looks for holes to patch when there is a jailbreak on in the talks? Lol. Apple is ALWAYS doing this to prevent any holes.

They already know jail breakers find them. As long as no specifics are released then apple has no clue what vulns are being used.

But don't fool yourself apple wants a secure OS they know jail breakers are finding things and they are always working around the clock to close any holes.

Also as Anthony stated, there will always be holes. It's the nature of software. The only way to be completely secure is never introduce new hardware and software features and keep patching holes found.

But with new hardware and new features always comes more holes
    No I don't actually, but with talk of a JB and 6.1 not being in GM status yet you can definitely bet Apple will be reviewing the code in greater detail than the previous 6.1 betas to reduce possible any exploitable areas in those earlier versions.

Of course Apple are, that's common knowledge that they want a secure iOS with minimal exploits as possible to prevent Jailbreaking.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    Totally agree. Jailbreaking has lost nearly all of its appeal. All the new tweaks are garbage, remakes or garbage. Themes haven't been relevant since iOS 4. The only thing people use jailbreaking for nowadays is pirating apps/music/tethering services and converting to TMobile, which doesn't even provide decent service.
    Yikes.

Thanks

Keep up the great work, thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

No I don't actually, but with talk of a JB and 6.1 not being in GM status yet you can definitely bet Apple will be reviewing the code in greater detail than the previous 6.1 betas to reduce possible any exploitable areas in those earlier versions.

Of course Apple are, that's common knowledge that they want a secure iOS with minimal exploits as possible to prevent Jailbreaking.
    Well sense the iPhone 5 came out someone has found and talked about having founds holes. Yet those holes have not been patched because they were still able to use on 6.0.2.

Someone saying they have made progress does not frighten apple and really most likely are not using there own resources to find them. Why because as soon as the jailbreak is released they know what exactly to patch.

Also with out knowing how someone would use a vulnerability makes it even harder to prevent.

Guess what in saying is this news does not effect jailbreakings future. Atleast in my opinion.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-20-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Somethings better then nothing good job

Banned
    Thanks

About time.
    So what will be jailbroken? IOS601 or IOS61?
    And will the ATV3 finally be jailbroken this time?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tucnepo's Avatar
    Thanks

I wouldn't put too much faith in jailbreak now since all the cydia apps won't be updated to support iOS 6 weeks if not months following a jailbreak release added now iphone 5 has a 4 in screen.Even though I miss quick reply and sbsettings.

Thanks

When is iOS 6.1 gonna be released? That's what I'm more excited for.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MXCO View Post
    The GM or 5th Beta build hasn't been released as of yet ( Monday is the speculated day possibly ) ...your guess is as good as anyone's. Surely within the month would seem fair wouldn't it? The GM version is purely just fine tuning before the public release.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MXCO View Post
    What are you excited about? The slightly different-shaped music-player buttons, or the much tighter anti-jailbreak measures?

Because there's nothing else in 6.1.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    What are you excited about? The slightly different-shaped music-player buttons, or the much tighter anti-jailbreak measures?

Because there's nothing else in 6.1.
    Well there is the ability to purchase movie tickets through Siri with Fandango.

That's about it though.