+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How Apple's iPhone Sales Compare to Samsung's Galaxy Lineup

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by mlee19841 How's the batt life and is the screen size to big I have the Note and the screen size is not as large as you might
    Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    How's the batt life and is the screen size to big
    I have the Note and the screen size is not as large as you might think--AND it fits perfectly in the pockets of skinny jeans !! yes, it does. I don't normally wear skinnies but I do have 2 pairs and just for show I put them on and slipped my Note in the pockets and it's barely noticeable while standing. sitting however might be a bit too uncomfortable though but in regular pockets/pants its not a problem.

battery life is good but on the S3 its amazing. my note will get me about 8hrs of moderate use.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    I have the Note and the screen size is not as large as you might think--AND it fits perfectly in the pockets of skinny jeans !! yes, it does. I don't normally wear skinnies but I do have 2 pairs and just for show I put them on and slipped my Note in the pockets and it's barely noticeable while standing. sitting however might be a bit too uncomfortable though but in regular pockets/pants its not a problem.

battery life is good but on the S3 its amazing. my note will get me about 8hrs of moderate use.
    Note II, 80.5 x 151.1 x 9.4 mm sans case. You're telling me it goes in the pocket of skinny jeans nice and easily?
    No way, absolutely no way. My 512s which I'd suggest aren't as tight as skinnies have front pockets that are about 150mm deep and about 120mm wide at the top. Including my hand which is attached to the phone as it goes in...........you see my point.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
    Note II, 80.5 x 151.1 x 9.4 mm sans case. You're telling me it goes in the pocket of skinny jeans nice and easily?
    No way, absolutely no way. My 512s which I'd suggest aren't as tight as skinnies have front pockets that are about 150mm deep and about 120mm wide at the top. Including my hand which is attached to the phone as it goes in...........you see my point.
    dude it fits, with no bulk and not sticking out the pockets--wanna see a pic?

Thanks

dude it fits, with no bulk and not sticking out the pockets--wanna see a pic?
    Not really. Just goes to prove two things 'to ME'. Your jeans aren't that skinny and have unusually large pockets and/or we obviously haven't different ideas of what's comfortable.
    My kids wear skinny jeans and have trouble getting coins out of their pockets. If you can get the phone in and out easily then all I can say is.......?

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

If you have to enable power saving to get anywhere near that 8 hours, you're not really using the phone to its full potential. Power saving also introduces annoying lagging. I noticed in one of your screenshots in the toggle concept article that you had power saving enabled, Wi-Fi disabled, and who knows what else might have been in the mix.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-20-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
    Well that's the thing. Maybe I'm looking at this from the wrong angle but if you add up all the iPhones I estimate 92 for the iP4S, 86 for the iP4 and 40 for the iP5.
    Then I have 40 for the SII, 40 for the SIII, 25 for the SI, 13 for the Note, and 13 for the Note II.

I'm assuming these figures are in millions. So my total for the most recent times are 131m for Samsungs offerings and 218m for Apples?
    Those numbers do not reflect the total. There are many Samsung phones and older iphones that aren't listed. Like the Galaxy Nexus or the iPhone 3GS for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokadaking View Post
    Many people are waiting for the jailbreak of the final ios 6 for the iphone5. Once that happens I guarantee it will pass the 4s
    The ~10% of people who jailbreak will no where near make up for the 50 million sales the iphone 5 needs to catch up to the 4s.
    Last edited by NegativeBeef; 01-20-2013 at 11:48 AM.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12