+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The AL13 Aluminum Bumper Case Is A Great-looking Minimalist Case for iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Nice product, but the aluminum and signal impact would also be a concern of mine, especially considering my signal strength is far from perfect as is. Not to steal anyones
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Nice product, but the aluminum and signal impact would also be a concern of mine, especially considering my signal strength is far from perfect as is. Not to steal anyones thunder and I truly do hope that the gentlemen are successful, but there are several other thin bumper options already on the market. I have been searching since day one, and it became even more apparent now that the coating, around the edges of my beautiful iphone 5, has become scuffed and marred. I recently purchase the Caze Thinedge Matte Frame, and couldn't be happier.

ThinEdge slim frame bumper case for iPhone 5

iPhone 5

The AL13 Aluminum Bumper Case Is A Great-looking Minimalist Case for iPhone-thinedge_home_1.jpg

Thanks

Nice design. I might have to try this one out!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Ugh. I want push-through buttons like Apple's bumper that work and don't turn the tactility into a mush mess. I can't believe anyone would care about just another slip case with cut outs.

Also, I'd prefer the raised edges on the front side to only be on the top, bottom, and corners while being nearly flush with the front along the sides of the screen. So far I have never seen a case like this.

Also, the inside needs to be rubberized, IMO. Even some rubber cases get dust contamination inside and begin to damage the finish, so I would never consider a metal-on metal case with wide-open button/port openings. I don't even mind it being a bit more bulky (no bulkier than Apple's).

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    Ugh. I want push-through buttons like Apple's bumper that work and don't turn the tactility into a mush mess. I can't believe anyone would care about just another slip case with cut outs.

Also, I'd prefer the raised edges on the front side to only be on the top, bottom, and corners while being nearly flush with the front along the sides of the screen. So far I have never seen a case like this.

Also, the inside needs to be rubberized, IMO. Even some rubber cases get dust contamination inside and begin to damage the finish, so I would never consider a metal-on metal case with wide-open button/port openings. I don't even mind it being a bit more bulky (no bulkier than Apple's).
    There is an internal strip. Take a look inside on the Kickstarter page. It's not metal on metal.

Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-17-2013 at 01:59 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    "That feeling when you open your iPhone 5 box and you're ohhhhhh...." you mean the feeling of disappointment because its pretty much the same phone as the last two?
    So, it's bigger, thinner, faster, no stainless bezel, but it's 'pretty much the same phone as the last two'? You must be an idiot. There's no other explanation for it.

*T*
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itaintrite View Post
    Typical Apple fanboy behavior. Just because somebody doesn't like what Apple are doing, you automatically assume they're an Android fanboy. Fact: Apple stocks dipped below $500 for the first time in almost a year. Why?

Full disclosure, I was an Apple user (still is at work) up till the 4S. I went through a WP7 period with the Lumia 800 and have now settled on an HTC One X. I'll say this, 4S and 5 are the least innovative phones I've seen in years.
    We care about your Apple product history AND your wonderful opinions on Windows phones that we begged you to share with us!

Get lost.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    If you thought that then why did you even buy an iP5?
    Because it keeps its value after many years. I traded my $249.43 iPhone 5 16gb for a $360 Note 2 =)

Thanks

Dafffffuuuuuqqqqq I remember I used to come here everyday and read. Now every informative article ends up in an argument about apple vs Samsung it's really draining sometimes because I just want news. Me I have iphone5, note 10.1, archos cobalt 80, dell laptop & I enjoy them all!!! It's not a big deal! U are not major share holders or own the company. Just stick to the topic!!! Ps I work for Samsung on a temp basis but not small minded enough not to buy other products.
    Last edited by se23; 01-18-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,873 Times in 6,898 Posts

This article has absolutely zero to do with Apple vs Android. Any further comments not on topic will be deleted.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12