+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Reminders+' Lets You Display Reminders On Your Lock Screen

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'Reminders+' Lets You Display Reminders On Your Lock Screen

If you’re a user of the Reminders application that was introduced to iOS in iOS 5, then you might want to want to take a peek at a new free jailbreak tweak available in Cydia today dubbed Reminders+ by iOS developer Qusic.

Normally, when you set a reminder, you will see a constant display of that reminder in your Notification Center. The reminder won’t appear on your lock screen until it’s time to be reminded. But what good is that? – We don't normally open Notification Center too often. The lock screen, on the other hand, we see very often because we have to unlock our device in between text messages, Facebooking, and other important smartphone stuff.

Reminders+ makes it so that the reminders you save in the Reminders application can be constantly displayed on your lock screen, so you’ll constantly be reminded of the reminder even before iOS reminds you. This is good because you can be prepared for the reminder instead of simply improvising for the event that you wanted to be reminded of as soon as it's time to perform the event.

Even better is that the Reminders won’t automatically be placed on the lock screen, so you won’t have to worry about privacy issues because you can set the ones you want on the lock screen yourself. To do this, head over the Reminders application after Reminders+ has been installed and hold down on one of your reminders to reveal the “Add Bulletin” button as shown below:

The ones that you choose to tap the “Add Bulletin” button for will appear on your lock screen. The reminders that you don’t follow this step for will remain in the Reminders application and Notification Center, but not the lock screen.

Reminders+ does a good job of keeping your mind on your Reminders during normal iOS use. The appearance of the Reminders on your lock screen looks very native too. Reminders+ has no options to configure.

Name: Reminders+
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.1-1
    Requirements: iOS 5+
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Qusic
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,832 Times in 6,150 Posts

Ahhh, something useful!!!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

Compatible with "ipsum"? (allows dismissing notifications on LS by dragging the item right then back to the left)

Wondering what would happen, if anything. Afraid to test myself

Thanks
    Thanked 5,537 Times in 1,930 Posts

Looks good...I'm a BIG fan of Lock Info which does all of this as well but you pay for it!!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post

If you’re a user of the Reminders application that was introduced to iOS in iOS 5, then you might want to want to take a peek at a new free jailbreak tweak available in Cydia today dubbed Reminders+ by iOS developer Qusic.

Normally, when you set a reminder, you will see a constant display of that reminder in your Notification Center. The reminder won’t appear on your lock screen until it’s time to be reminded. But what good is that? – We don't normally open Notification Center too often. The lock screen, on the other hand, we see very often because we have to unlock our device in between text messages, Facebooking, and other important smartphone stuff.

Reminders+ makes it so that the reminders you save in the Reminders application can be constantly displayed on your lock screen, so you’ll constantly be reminded of the reminder even before iOS reminds you. This is good because you can be prepared for the reminder instead of simply improvising for the event that you wanted to be reminded of as soon as it's time to perform the event.

Even better is that the Reminders won’t automatically be placed on the lock screen, so you won’t have to worry about privacy issues because you can set the ones you want on the lock screen yourself. To do this, head over the Reminders application after Reminders+ has been installed and hold down on one of your reminders to reveal the “Add Bulletin” button as shown below:

The ones that you choose to tap the “Add Bulletin” button for will appear on your lock screen. The reminders that you don’t follow this step for will remain in the Reminders application and Notification Center, but not the lock screen.

Reminders+ does a good job of keeping your mind on your Reminders during normal iOS use. The appearance of the Reminders on your lock screen looks very native too. Reminders+ has no options to configure.

Name: Reminders+
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.1-1
    Requirements: iOS 5+
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Qusic
    Editor's Rating:  4/5
    One word.... Intelliscreenx

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

That's exactly what I was looking for I wish I had my jailbreak on iP5 : ( Miss my iP4s

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I used it and it worked fine. However after adding a text reminder to lockscreen, try delete the text from the app itself by using delete button and the reminder+ is stuck forever on lockscreen. Is this some kind of bug?

Thanks

I got also an issue after the latest update, everytime i enter a new reminder and tap "save" the app goes to background and i have to reopen it again.