+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5S Test Build to Enter Production Soon

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Based on supply chain chatter and testimony from knowledgeable industry sources, Apple plans to begin production of preliminary test builds of the next generation iPhone. Expected to be called either
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default iPhone 5S Test Build to Enter Production Soon

Based on supply chain chatter and testimony from knowledgeable industry sources, Apple plans to begin production of preliminary test builds of the next generation iPhone.

Expected to be called either iPhone 5S or iPhone 6, these test builds may begin surfacing sometime in March. Jefferies analyst Peter Misek is the latest well-known and credible industry analyst to weigh in on the matter. According to Misek, March is when the next-gen iPhone will enter production.

This will lay the groundwork, Misek says, for a mass-market introduction of the new phone sometime in late spring or early summer. For months we've been hearing that Apple will not wait until fall 2013 to release the next iPhone. In fact, the 2013 calendar year may deliver more than one iPhone refresh.

All told, two models will likely be tested inside of the next eight weeks. One will be a full-scale next generation refresh. The other will be a more modest, entry-level device similar to the iPad mini, Misek says.

On rumors of an entry level iPhone, Misek said he expects a concentrated low-cost iPhone rather than a "cheap" one. Likely specs, according to Misek: polycarbonite case with 4" non-Retina display and no LTE. We believe a new low-cost iPhone would increase Apple's share, decrease GM, but have little impact on EPS.
    Despite shares of AAPL falling to $485 today, Misek maintains a Buy price target of $800.

Source: StreetInsider

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay, speculations and expectations are one thing, but seriously? A 4-inch NON-retina display? Do you know how dumb that is? I refuse to imagine that Apple would even think to do that. Every screen upgrade (and downgrade in iPad mini's case) at least made sense. They either doubled up or relied on an older version (iPad mini). A non-retina iPhone would not only be 3 years behind, but would cause SO much stress on devs. No one is creating with non-retina artwork anymore, and to extend to the extra pixels up would be ridiculous. It just makes no sense for Apple, and they won't do it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mc-Lovin_341's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Swatme101 View Post
    Okay, speculations and expectations are one thing, but seriously? A 4-inch NON-retina display? Do you know how dumb that is? I refuse to imagine that Apple would even think to do that. Every screen upgrade (and downgrade in iPad mini's case) at least made sense. They either doubled up or relied on an older version (iPad mini). A non-retina iPhone would not only be 3 years behind, but would cause SO much stress on devs. No one is creating with non-retina artwork anymore, and to extend to the extra pixels up would be ridiculous. It just makes no sense for Apple, and they won't do it.
    +1

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

So it's an iphone 4 that's not retina. C'mon apple what are you doing. Are you competing with Samsung galaxy s mini? Seems every company is making phones small bigger for old people you g people. Small people large people.

Thanks

+1

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default $800?
    I agree. Then i read and it said low cost iPhone. I thought.. Hmm, fair enough. Then i realised the target price was $800. low price my ***.
    This article is a right load of bull.
    apple has just about broken even with the amount of iDevices i've bricked...

iPhone? More like MyPhone GooseG's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spoooner View Post
    I agree. Then i read and it said low cost iPhone. I thought.. Hmm, fair enough. Then i realised the target price was $800. low price my ***.
    This article is a right load of bull.
    Looks like you misread that. It's referring to stock share prices, not the price of the device.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd agree with you if Steve Jobs was still leading Apple.

Banned
    Thanks

low cost = cheap. stop trying to make it sound like this will be a high quality device.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, I can't wait. The iPhone 5S will truly be revolutionary!

Green Apple
    Thanks

agreed

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Wow, I can't wait. The iPhone 5S will truly be revolutionary!
    REVOLUTIONARY? Like the iPhone 5? Apple is so behind the 8 ball anymore the only thing I expect to see released with a 5s MAYBE are iPhones in different colors, siri says 3 new phrases, and even MORE BEEFED UP security so it can't be jb. Look at the pattern. But then again if I was apple I'd put as little effort into introducing new tech as well because they already know there will be mile long lines for days. WHY? Because for some Apple is a status symbol. "Omg, I have an iPhone I'm the cooooolest cat around."

I've obviously gotten sick of paying close to a $1000 for a device I have to use like Apple tells me to. It's BS!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Not one day passes without one rumor regarding the next model of iPhone. A bunch of them .

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I can picture a low cost iPhone coming with the newer model. The low cost one would basically be the 4 with a slightly different screen and ready to handle future versions of iOS (but without Siri). They could just lower the cost of the 4 but that wouldn't have the value of something labeled new. Many in the U.S. don't realize the demand for iPhone overseas and how it's a big deal to own an iPhone in Asia. But the price keeps many from buying.

Thanks

Ok, Apple was from the beginning a flag ship. Best phone ever, right. I am one of the idiots that agree whit this fact.
    So, what if, they figured it out, or just asking themselves, how many people are on this rotten world of ours, who would like to own an iPhone, but don't have the money to buy it. So, why don't give them a chance to buy something like iPhone, but with the price of max 199 $.
    How many millions would take that chance. What do you think????