Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
iPhone Newsforums, a part of the
01-15-2013, 10:01 AM #1
SquareTrade Infographic Illustrates the iOS Device Danger Zones Around the House
If youíre like many other iOS device owners, then you try to keep your iOS device protected from the outside world. Interestingly enough, an infographic created by a third party warranty service called SquareTrade reveals that most iOS device accidents happen right in the owners' homes Ė 51% of them to be exact. Check out the infographic below:
In the infographic, Squaretrade outlines that 21% of all iPhone accidents occur in the kitchen, 18% occur in the living room, 16% occur in the bathroom, 10% occur in the driveway, and 8% occur in the bedroom. The kitchen, which includes the dining area in many homes, is the most popular room in the house for iPhone accidents. This could be because the kitchen is the main area of the home where we often work with wet ingredients, like water, to make our meals. Some people, just like to text while cooking, or accidentally knock their iPhone in the sink, or drop beverages all over their iPhones.
In addition to the most dangerous location of the house for your iPhone to lurk, SquareTrade includes interesting statistics outlining that 9% of iPhone owners have dropped their iPhone in the toilet, 6% of iPhone owners have left their iPhone on top of the car before driving off, and 5% of iPhone owners have left their iPhone in their pocket and it made its way through the washing machine.
SquareTrade also leaves us with the fact that about 69% of all iPhone accidents are caused directly by the owner's own carelessness. The other 31% could be blamed on someone else, or physics.
Additionally, SquareTrade outlines which liquids are most commonly spilled on iPhones. Water was selected as the most popularly spilled liquid, being that 43% of liquid accidents involve water. 19% of liquid accidents involve soda spills, 12% of liquid accidents involve beer spills, and 12% of liquid accidents involve coffee or tea spills.
Being that iPhone owners seem to enjoy their Starbucks, itís interesting that the number for coffee-related liquid spills isnít higher. In addition, the percentage of water spills likely includes the number of people that drop their iPhones in pools, sinks, and other places you might find water, and not necessarily only from spilling a cup of water on the device.
Are you a statistic of any of these iPhone-damaging categories? I've been fortunate enough to be able to say none of the above. We'd love to hear your stories in the comments!
Sources: SquareTrade via iClarified
01-15-2013, 10:15 AM #2
Uhh, those spilled liquid percentages only add up to 86%...
01-15-2013, 10:27 AM #3
Hey! IF those darn pesky humans would just stop touching the iphone.....
01-15-2013, 10:40 AM #4
01-15-2013, 12:20 PM #5
The toilet incident is one reason why I won't buy a refurbish phone, hah!
01-15-2013, 12:24 PM #6
I dropped my iPhone countless times in the toilet. To the point I couldn't use insurance anymore I had to hit up eBay.
01-15-2013, 01:11 PM #7
01-15-2013, 01:21 PM #8
01-15-2013, 02:36 PM #9
Swimming pools are my favourite. Two iPhones and counting LOL Note to self: Remember to do button up on shirt pocket when cleaning the pool filter o.O
01-15-2013, 02:50 PM #10
01-15-2013, 04:17 PM #11
Ah, more reason for me to never get out of bed...
01-15-2013, 05:30 PM #12
01-15-2013, 05:44 PM #13
Such a sloppy graphic. There is no way anywhere near 10% of owners have dropped their phones in a toilet. It should say "of owners seeking replacement."
Also, I have never seen a house of that size with an UPSTAIRS kitchen.
01-16-2013, 05:45 AM #14
01-16-2013, 12:10 PM #15