+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Rumored to have cut iPhone 5 Component Orders due to Weak Demand

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Rumored to have cut iPhone 5 Component Orders due to Weak Demand

According to a report from The Wall Street Journal, which claims the news comes from sources familiar with the matter, Apple cut “roughly half” of its orders for the iPhone 5’s 4-inch screen and initiated a drawdown on other components orders for the January to March quarter. The cutback in part orders was in part due to “weaker-than-expected” demand for Apple’s latest iPhone.

It’s unclear as to what is to blame for the reduction but ongoing rumors point to the possible introduction of a cheaper model to the iPhone line sometime in 2013. According to a corresponding article from Nikkei, Apple’s revised orders have prompted Japanese LCD makers to look for business elsewhere. Apple is currently sourcing the 4-inch Retina displays used in the iPhone 5 from Japanese manufactures Japan Display and Sharp as well as South Korea’s LG Display.

Overall, this doesn’t seem like too much of a surprise as supply of the iPhone 5 finally caught up to demand in mid-December when a number of international Online Apple Stores listed the smartphone as being in stock for the first time since its launch at the end of September. Ultimately though, we’ll still need to wait and see if the report is correct and what the exact reason behind a cutdown in orders might be, if there has been one in the first place.

Source: AppleInsider, The Wall Street Journal, Nikkei via Brightwire

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Too many people thinking its not worth the minor update or switching to Android for cost reasons, or the fact that people believe a new 5S will come out in a couple of months

Banned
    Thanks

Yep, why by the faulty iphone 5 when you can wait for the next iPhone thats coming shortly.
    And with the equally bugy IOS6 you might as well wait for the next iphone and have a newer hopefully fixed IOS. If its not fixed and the iPhone 5S isn't better then there is always the always better than iPhone Galaxy S* series of smartphones, which is actually the smart way to go. They are better and cheaper so why not get one of them like everyone else.

Go have a read of some other news sites. They are saying the iPhone is over and Androids are the way to go.
    I'm agreeing with them. The iPhone isn't user friendly and buggy and more expensive so why not go for the better phone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Venom1234's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StanSmith View Post
    Yep, why by the faulty iphone 5 when you can wait for the next iPhone thats coming shortly.
    And with the equally bugy IOS6 you might as well wait for the next iphone and have a newer hopefully fixed IOS. If its not fixed and the iPhone 5S isn't better then there is always the always better than iPhone Galaxy S* series of smartphones, which is actually the smart way to go. They are better and cheaper so why not get one of them like everyone else.

Go have a read of some other news sites. They are saying the iPhone is over and Androids are the way to go.
    I'm agreeing with them. The iPhone isn't user friendly and buggy and more expensive so why not go for the better phone.
    I'm pretty much done with iPhone.

Thanks

AAPL stock please go down to 100 per share........LOL

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Probably cause everyone got one or waiting for jailbreak and\or 5s ,androids are cheap for a reason.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eonhpi For This Useful Post:

littlelisa63 (01-14-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

Heres to hoping ur move to android and samsung prompts u too move to a different forum as well. But you will probably keep coming back until that one day ur decision proves to be a bad one and you extoll the iphone, apple, and all the activities you can do when u make ur beds into bunkbeds.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to shigh For This Useful Post:

littlelisa63 (01-14-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I went through 3 iPhone 5 64gb white already due to faulty camera and speakers...so once my contract is over I will say hello to Samsung

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    Too many people thinking its not worth the minor update or switching to Android for cost reasons, or the fact that people believe a new 5S will come out in a couple of months
    Or that people are disappointed w/ the 5 all together. I know so many people that had the 4/4S and immediately jumped to Samsung after the 5 was announced.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea & I'm on 6.0.2 wifi only has 2 bar's iPhone 5 and pepole will still buy the next iPhone ........?
    Last edited by Cmds187; 01-14-2013 at 07:28 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eonhpi View Post
    Probably cause everyone got one or waiting for jailbreak and\or 5s ,androids are cheap for a reason.
    Good point on the jailbreak. Personally, I'm waiting until a jailbreak is available before purchasing the iPhone 5.

@Apple- you see how jailbreaking can be good for sale of your products?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peacedog For This Useful Post:

henftling (01-14-2013), sandeebutt (01-14-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Same here. Sticking to my JB 4. Will get a 5 if there is a JB, otherwise i'm happy with what i have.
    And the price tag is really high ...

Thanks

I'm happy with my 5. My only gripe is the battery drains much faster than my 4s did. Other than that it's great and you dingleberries are lame for trolling mmi

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    Heres to hoping ur move to android and samsung prompts u too move to a different forum as well. But you will probably keep coming back until that one day ur decision proves to be a bad one and you extoll the iphone, apple, and all the activities you can do when u make ur beds into bunkbeds.
    Android and Samsung are not synonymous. There are several other quality manufacturers producing Android based phones. Your apparent obsession with Samsung appears to rear its head? Right now, for customization ability the iPhone 5 and its software seriously sucks wind.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

Thanks

maybe its time Apple realize that no JB no income ..........

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple is not going to make a cheaper Iphone.
    They already have one!
    Each year when the new phone comes out, they discount the previous model.
    Done deal.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rvance's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea, I have to agree with others. The people aren't stupid. They are realizing that Apple isn't innovative like they were in the beginning and it's pissing me off as well. I have a jb 4S and my contract is up in June this year. If Apple doesn't do something "innovative" for the next phone...or hell even be a little more competitive for their next device, I'm getting the Sony Experia Z.

Just thinking about that phone makes me quiver!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StanSmith View Post
    Minor correction : - they're not better.
    JB'n iOS kicks Android arse every day of the week ... I should know, I've had four iPhones and have an HTC Evo 3D and Galaxy Note 2 (and owned three other Androids).
    Android just doesn't cut it in terms of usability and stability.
    And Samsung's abysmal Pentile displays are MISERABLE.
    OK, Apple goofed with the i-5 - but when they sort bigger screens with a usable aspect ratio, demand will start increasing again.
    Last edited by iPhoneThereforeIAm; 01-14-2013 at 07:27 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by njp316 View Post
    I'm happy with my 5. My only gripe is the battery drains much faster than my 4s did. Other than that it's great and you dingleberries are lame for trolling mmi
    I too am very happy with both my i phone 5 they have had zero issues with them thanks for a great product APPLE keep it up.

love my i phone 5 zero problems thanks for another great product Apple looking forward to the new TV.
    Last edited by tridley68; 01-14-2013 at 07:29 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    I too am very happy with both my i phone 5 they have had zero issues with them thanks for a great product APPLE keep it up.

love my i phone 5 zero problems thanks for another great product Apple looking forward to the new TV.
    i am with you my iphone 5 works fine.. f all this

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast