+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Rumored to have cut iPhone 5 Component Orders due to Weak Demand

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I love my iPhone 5! I wouldn't trade it for any Android phone in the world. It's funny to read posts where the person is trying to convince others to
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I love my iPhone 5! I wouldn't trade it for any Android phone in the world. It's funny to read posts where the person is trying to convince others to move to Android...people choose Apple for a reason, they like their products! I've owned plenty of Android smartphones and I could say the say thing about each one of them; they've all had different problems. It's all personal choice....

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    love my i phone 5
    Have you owned an iPhone before this ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Breezy215's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by g4ess View Post
    i am with you my iphone 5 works fine.. f all this
    Same here... I love my iPhone 5

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I too am very happy with both my i phone 5 they have had zero issues with them thanks for a great product APPLE keep it up.

love my i phone 5 zero problems thanks for another great product Apple looking forward to the new TV.
    same here, and the other 4 of my family members who own an iPhone 5 love it. I have found no hardware issues with the iPhone 5. Once the jailbreak is out though, i will argue to the death that it is the best phone out there.

Quote Originally Posted by njp316 View Post
    I'm happy with my 5. My only gripe is the battery drains much faster than my 4s did. Other than that it's great and you dingleberries are lame for trolling mmi
    Same here, me and the 4 other family members who own an iPhone 5 love it! Once an jailbreak comes out, I will argue to the death that itís the best phone out there!

Thanks

This news does not surprise me at all. I have an iPhone 5 (also had the 3G and 4) and while it's a great phone, I'm finding iOS to be stale and boring without the jailbreak. My 4 was jailbroken for almost the entire time I owned it, so I had forgotten what it's like to have a non-customizable phone. I love my iPads, AppleTV, and Macbook Pro...but considering I use my iPhone more than all three of those combined I really need it to be more customizable.

I may wait another month or two, but if no jailbreak is forthcoming I'll sell my iPhone 5 and buy the Galaxy S3.

*EDIT: I also blame the app piracy tweak (ha ha...mmi censored its name!) for Apple's persistence in blocking the jailbreak, and I don't blame them for doing so. It makes me sick when I hear of people who are too effing cheap to actually purchase the apps they want. If that tweak could be shut down I think Apple would be much more willing to release an open iOS.
    Last edited by AUZambo; 01-14-2013 at 08:28 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    Android and Samsung are not synonymous. There are several other quality manufacturers producing Android based phones. Your apparent obsession with Samsung appears to rear its head? Right now, for customization ability the iPhone 5 and its software seriously sucks wind.
    You caught me! I am obsessed with samesung! How did u see through my cleverly crafted veil of apple fanboydom??! On a serious note different strokes i suppose. However i dont go on rival forums and uptalk my preference to the point where im basically saying you would be dumb etc for not agreeing with me.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    This news does not surprise me at all. I have an iPhone 5 (also had the 3G and 4) and while it's a great phone, I'm finding iOS to be stale and boring without the jailbreak. My 4 was jailbroken for almost the entire time I owned it, so I had forgotten what it's like to have a non-customizable phone. I love my iPads, AppleTV, and Macbook Pro...but considering I use my iPhone more than all three of those combined I really need it to be more customizable.

I may wait another month or two, but if no jailbreak is forthcoming I'll sell my iPhone 5 and buy the Galaxy S3.

*EDIT: I also blame the app piracy tweak (ha ha...mmi censored its name!) for Apple's persistence in blocking the jailbreak, and I don't blame them for doing so. It makes me sick when I hear of people who are too effing cheap to actually purchase the apps they want. If that tweak could be shut down I think Apple would be much more willing to release an open iOS.
    Sadly, I don't think Apple is ever going to change its hostility toward jailbreaking. All their recent software updates indicate they will continue to aggressively try to prevent it. Apple is putting more effort into this than they are into new user features. I do expect they'll eventually make additions to the API, but it'll be too little, too late. No empire in history has - yet - been able to predict and prevent its own downfall. Apple won't see the train approaching.

The lack of customization is a serious problem for many folks, such as disabled people that rely on certain Cydia tweaks. I don't share planetbeing's optimism about an iOS 6 JB. It's no use if JBs take 8-12 months to produce. That's just too long. The next model phone is already out by then. I understand that some people love their iPhone even without a jailbreak, but those people (as a percentage) are becoming less and less. The S4 or newer Nexus products are going to look quite tempting in a few months time.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eonhpi View Post
    Probably cause everyone got one or waiting for jailbreak and\or 5s ,androids are cheap for a reason.
    How exactly are they cheaper? You want a flagship device, you pay just as much as you do for a new iPhone. Iphone 4s is what, $100 now and the 4 is what, .99c. The iPhone 4S is $100 adn the 5 is $200. Don't get your panties in a bunch because we can root our phones and do what we want and you have to not only wait for a jailbreak because the devs hold on to them pissing in their panties about a future patch, but can't even get a working jailbreak for how long. The company your praise so highly give you a giant f**k you when you want to do something to your phone. Our phones are locked via the carrier and is done in a way that can easily be broken by real devs. Your "my phone is better than yours because of the apple logo" is no longer valid. Enjoy your grandma phone.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GmAz For This Useful Post:

Airwaves182 (01-14-2013), Dave_Xiavia (01-14-2013)

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I didn't upgrade to the iPhone five. There just wasn't enough bells and whistles in it. The length of the screen size was nice but felt they needed to make it a bit wider as well.

I was more that disappointed with both iPhone five and the latest iPad as well.

Hopefully they will come out with a Big Bang in March. If not then I will keep what I have until they come out with something I am waiting for or want.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,655 Times in 695 Posts

A buddy of mine that's a android fan BIG time had good me that google is going to be only supporting android for 6 months on new phone purchases. I was surprised to hear this and is one of the reasons I stick with apple is for software support. He said the only android phone that would still get updates are the nexus x phones. In my eyes this is google telling you screw off we don't care about you.

Thanks

Did a fresh restore with the new iPhone approach and yea it's much smoother! longer much longer battery life. Thanks for the tip

iPhone? More like MyPhone ridingsupreme's Avatar
    Thanks

I love my iPhone 5. Only problems I had; original charge cable stopped working, and I gave up on touch intensive games because the sensitivity issues.

True HD Pics and videos make me want to use my 5 as a gopro! All they need is a legit mount/case unlike ones currently available and exactly like the leading brand mounts.
    The front hd camera is a HUGE difference too. Annoying grainy pics be gone!

LTE is stupid fast, I stay off wifi because its always slower Fast data=fast Siri.

A6 processor=apps open without hesitation no matter level of multitasking.

The s3 may as well me a tablet. It just looks ridiculous being held up to people's heads and them being dwarfed by the massive device lol. It's looks like trying to make a phone call on a nook or an iPad mini lol. Good luck getting that in and out of your pockets. Better get a nifty fanny pack!

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Perhaps all the iPhone haters can find another website to comment on, possibly something with a focus beyond the iPhone. I can't fathom how lame a person's life must be to waste their time on websites highlighting products they loathe solely to berate them and their fans.

Trolls: Does that actually make you feel better about yourself? I pray it doesn't. It's pathetic and annoying. Please stop!
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 884 Posts

Not sure how the iPhone 5 is crap in any imagination of the word.

But then again how much credit can one person have who takes the time to comment against apple on an apple based forum. Lol.

I've had every iPhone sense the 1st one in 2007. The 5 by far is better than any other model.

For anyone complaining that apple fights jailbreaks. WAKE UP this has been like this for a while, please sell your iPhones and pick up an android.

It's also funny with all the comments on how apple isn't innovative anymore, but yet every technology they come out with becomes a standard in all phone across all platforms.

Someone please enlighten me on how any android phone has been so innovative? Not saying that apple has innovated everything, and I'm sure there are things apple did in light of android.

But please for all that claim apple has lost it's touch, why re-invent the wheel? And having an open OS is a far cry from innovation, NFC that's been around for some time and apple has chosen not to use it (yet atleast). So again please let me know how other smart phone companies have changed industries like apple has?

Let the flaming begin lol
    Last edited by subywrex; 01-14-2013 at 11:51 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

henftling (01-14-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

or people don't like hearing that people like me have had nothing but problems with the 5. I got mine when they came out, and I've already swapped sims, swapped phones, reset everything imaginable several times, spent hours on the phone with apple & ATT, and I STILL have to put it in/out of airplane mode just to get 4g after I leave a wifi network. EVERY SINGLE TIME I leave my house, I have to do that to get it off of edge and back to normal. I really hate the I5, wish I would have kept my 4.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,961 Times in 2,015 Posts

I too am very happy with both my i phone 5 they have had zero issues with them thanks for a great product APPLE keep it up.

love my i phone 5 zero problems thanks for another great product Apple looking forward to the new TV.
    +1

Same here! Running both a 4S JB and an i5...those who don't think the 5 is worth it are sorely mistaken IMHO...

Be interesting to see if the Samsung G4 will be leaps and bounds ahead of the G3 like ppl expected with the 4S to the 5! There's only so much tech they can cram in there...
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Let the downfall begin...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    For anyone complaining that apple fights jailbreaks. WAKE UP this has been like this for a while, please sell your iPhones and pick up an android.
    1) No, it's different now. We've gone from no security in the kernel to insane levels of anti-jailbreak measures. The 5S could be the first iPhone ever released for which the previous model still has no jailbreak. That's different.

2) I already have. You all will too, even if you're still currently in denial. It's only a matter of time ;-)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wait wait
    So can I save my shsh blobs on 6.0 in tiny umbrella and then update to 6.0.2 and be safe to be able to downgrade?
    Need help!!

Sorry for not posting in forum I don't know how from iPhone app ...

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Just crazy that after all this time the iPhone still hasn't been able to get widgets or being able to switch out the keyboard. I'm still on the fence about keeping my iPhone 4s or switching up.

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    I didn't upgrade to the iPhone five. There just wasn't enough bells and whistles in it. The length of the screen size was nice but felt they needed to make it a bit wider as well.

I was more that disappointed with both iPhone five and the latest iPad as well.

Hopefully they will come out with a Big Bang in March. If not then I will keep what I have until they come out with something I am waiting for or want.
    Same here why make it longer and not wider but hey I'm just a consumer.
    Last edited by mlee19841; 01-14-2013 at 02:21 PM.