Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Final iOS 6.1 Beta Nearing Release

Default Final iOS 6.1 Beta Nearing Release

iOS 6.1 is currently in its fourth beta stage for developers to test out – Beta 4 fixed a known scrolling glitch on the iPhone 5. Apple is reportedly set to launch its final beta version of iOS 6.1 soon, as the beta winds down to a close before the official public release of iOS 6.1.

iOS 6.1 has been deemed by hackers in the jailbreak community as being much more secure than iOS 6.0.2 – even so with there being no public jailbreak for iOS 6.0.2 yet. iOS hacker planetbeing made a statement on Reddit about a week ago regarding iOS 6.1 and the state of the iOS 6/iPhone 5 jailbreak. While he currently has an untethered jailbreak on his iPhone 5 running iOS 6.0.2, it is an interest to try to have it working on iOS 6.1, as it will likely break the working jailbreak.

iOS 6.1 does not add anything known to be overly significant to iOS, apart from the redesigned iOS 6 iPod controls on the lock screen and the ability to purchase movie tickets through Fandango by using Siri.

Citing AppleInsider, the next beta of iOS 6.1 is expected to be the golden master version and is expected be released to developers for testing either Friday or Monday.

Sources: iFun via AppleInsider
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-11-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hurry up with it .....I have an iPhone 4s that has Crash issues when in Jailbreak mode and I need to do a clean restore !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can wait I'm on 6.0.2 right now

Quote Originally Posted by digzz View Post
    Hurry up with it .....I have an iPhone 4s that has Crash issues when in Jailbreak mode and I need to do a clean restore !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    just be aware about what @musclenerd stated about not updating in case the jailbreak does not work for 6.1

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    just be aware about what @musclenerd stated about not updating in case the jailbreak does not work for 6.1
    Agreed. I have an iphone 4 and ill wait for there to be an untethered ios 6.1 jb. But if u just want to try out ios 6.1 u can coz u have the ability to downgrade ( ur jailbroken so u can remotely fetch the SHSH blobs from cydia )

Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
    Agreed. I have an iphone 4 and ill wait for there to be an untethered ios 6.1 jb. But if u just want to try out ios 6.1 u can coz u have the ability to downgrade ( ur jailbroken so u can remotely fetch the SHSH blobs from cydia )
    Yes but if Planetbeing have it running on his 6.0.2 then ICU said we should be good once it officially comes out that's my understand don't quote me on that but like I said that's my understanding

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboy388 View Post
    Yes but if Planetbeing have it running on his 6.0.2 then ICU said we should be good once it officially comes out that's my understand don't quote me on that but like I said that's my understanding
    Well he didnt exactly say that, he said that he found an exploit in ios 6.0.2 that allowed him to untether... However u dont know if apple patched those exploits...

Well he didnt exactly say that, he said that he found an exploit in ios 6.0.2 that allowed him to untether... However u dont know if apple patched those exploits...
    I read it carefully, he said it took 4 bugs to run the untether, he only discovered one and he expects iOS 6.1 to break a small part.

I need help. I'm on iPhone 5 6.0 and I'm trying to update to 6.0.2 but I keep getting iTunes error 3194 and it won't update?? OTA won't work either. please help!!

What do I do!

Well I'm hoping not 😡but I would be able too downgrade I think!

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    I read it carefully, he said it took 4 bugs to run the untether, he only discovered one and he expects iOS 6.1 to break a small part.
    So then I should be good then ??
    Last edited by Bigboy388; 01-11-2013 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboy388 View Post
    Well I'm hoping not 😡but I would be able too downgrade I think!

So then I should be good then ??
    First of all: yes u can upgrade... But i would suggest u wait for redsn0w to release a new version of redsn0w that will allow u to downgrade...
    And yea im pretty sure everyone in the jb community is hoping that apple doesnt find and patch those bugs in ios 6.1
    Anyway all of this is just a matter of time ( if they patch it in sure hackers will find other exploits... ) but for the time being, lets hope they wont patch those bugs

Quote Originally Posted by mlevine54 View Post
    I need help. I'm on iPhone 5 6.0 and I'm trying to update to 6.0.2 but I keep getting iTunes error 3194 and it won't update?? OTA won't work either. please help!!

What do I do!
    Hey I'm sorry I completely forgot you messaged me! It doesn't give me a notification on the app so I forgot sorry, when I get home ill message you back and detail on how to fix that!

Ok thank you fanboy!!!

First of all: yes u can upgrade... But i would suggest u wait for redsn0w to release a new version of redsn0w that will allow u to downgrade...
    And yea im pretty sure everyone in the jb community is hoping that apple doesnt find and patch those bugs in ios 6.1
    Anyway all of this is just a matter of time ( if they patch it in sure hackers will find other exploits... ) but for the time being, lets hope they wont patch those bugs
    If anyone ever wants an iOS 6 JB for sure, got to iOS 6.0.1 or 6.0.2 (depending on device) planetbeing said one of his exploits is one that developers have had for a very long time and it's one that they use to get a look at new firmware, which is another reason he won't release the JB right away, he said that he won't release it for any iOS 6 if he does not find another exploit to take that ones place, but he said if there are no more exploits he will release the jailbreak because there would be no point in holding onto it, so for sure eventually there will be a JB for iOS 6.0.1/6.0.2 for sure, just not sure when. But possibly there would never be a JB for 6.x. My recommendation if you do wanna JB 6.0.1/6.0.2 update now while you have the chance

Ok thank you fanboy!!!
    No prob! Also to devs of this app, a feature that lets you know when you have new messages both in app, badges and notification center would be a good addition

15. The Following User Says Thank You to fanboyfanboy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-11-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    If anyone ever wants an iOS 6 JB for sure, got to iOS 6.0.1 or 6.0.2 (depending on device) planetbeing said one of his exploits is one that developers have had for a very long time and it's one that they use to get a look at new firmware, which is another reason he won't release the JB right away, he said that he won't release it for any iOS 6 if he does not find another exploit to take that ones place, but he said if there are no more exploits he will release the jailbreak because there would be no point in holding onto it, so for sure eventually there will be a JB for iOS 6.0.1/6.0.2 for sure, just not sure when. But possibly there would never be a JB for 6.x. My recommendation if you do wanna JB 6.0.1/6.0.2 update now while you have the chance
    +1 agree

Quote Originally Posted by digzz View Post
    iPad3, i4S (and iPad2 owners who donít satisfy #2) will always be able to RE-restore the current 5.x OS thatís already on their device. So if youíre at 5.1.1 when the window closes (and youíve saved your blobs), youíll always be able to RE-restore to 5.1.1 again. This makes the 5.1.1 jailbreak a lot less fragile ó you donít have to worry about messing up your install with funky extensions or getting into a boot loop, because you can always RE-restore from 5.1.1 to 5.1.1 again (or from 5.0.1 to 5.0.1 again, etc). But once you fall off the 5.x train by restoring to 6.x, youíll be stuck there until the next jailbreak.

iClarified - iPhone - How to Re-Restore Your iPhone From iOS 5.x to iOS 5.x (Windows)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to STM127 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-11-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

What do I do!
    Next time Go to forum and post your thread there.
    Your hosts file is pointed at Cydia server.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-11-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Next time Go to forum and post your thread there.
    Your hosts file is pointed at Cydia server.
    That might explain over iTunes but he said OTA ones won't work either.

Planetbeing isn't holding onto his exploits only because 6.1 is around the corner. People need to research stuff before posting. The jailbreak isn't even done. It's technically a "failbreak" he needs a couple of more bugs until the final jailbreak will be made. The dev teams have never released their failbreak exploit. I would remain on lower firmwares when 6.1 is released. There's no guarantees if you update.

Hopefully the iPad 2 wifi problems will be fixed in iOS 6.1!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast