+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FitBit Releases New Band That Tracks and Syncs Data Automatically

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default FitBit Releases New Band That Tracks and Syncs Data Automatically

If you are one of the many tech savvy consumers who have been trying to improve your fitness regime then you’ve probably already heard of the FitBit. The original fitness-tracking dongle has gone toe-to-toe with other competitor products such as the Nike Fuelband and Jawbone’s Up thus far but the company seems to be moving towards a similarly designed product, the new FitBit Flex. The product provides similar functionality but contains a tracker which wraps around your arm instead.

The FitBit Flex is essentially a silicone strap that contains a chip with a row of LED light which pulse in the Standard KITT Rhythm. This allows the band to track almost exactly what the other FitBits track including things such as the number of steps you take, the amount of hours you sleep and the amount of calories you burn. It also adds in a new concept called Active Minutes while dropping support for counting the amount of stairs you climb. Active Minutes seem to be made up of a similar kind of made-up metric that helps gauge your activity.

Much like the new mini FitBit, the Flex has low-power Bluetooth 4 for syncing direct with your late-model iPhone or iPad and in the near future, Android handsets as well. Those of you who are interested in the band can pre-order it now for a price tag of $99.

Source: FitBit via Mashable

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

Cheaper than the Nike Fuel but shame it only has a limited display.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Does it have alarm like Up band. I would seriously think about switching to it then because Jawbones customer service is absolutely horrible that I am at point I don't care if their product is nice I don't want anything to do with their company.

Thanks

Wait a year..they'll be more too choose from and the prices will drop.

iPhone? More like MyPhone runey71's Avatar
    Thanks

Shame they are dropping the altimeter. It was one of the features that set them apart from everyone else (with similar products). Now they'll just be the same as everything else out there. Still at least FitBit is well integrated with many other 3rd party website unlike much of the competition.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Does it have alarm like Up band. I would seriously think about switching to it then because Jawbones customer service is absolutely horrible that I am at point I don't care if their product is nice I don't want anything to do with their company.
    It does have an alarm like Up band. Not only that but it syncs so well with Loseit! and My Fitness Pal. With everything that the fitbit ultra is capable of doing, plus it's syncing ability, they really stand far above Jawbone and Nike Fuel. My only concern is how accurate the wrist system is. I've heard reports of people napping on their couch and taking 1,500 steps. If it was just a few here and there no big deal. Can anyone shed some light on their accuracy for me? I have the Ultra and it's nearly dead on.