+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Get Creative with Legos on your iPhone Case with Smallworks BrickCase

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Get Creative with Legos on your iPhone Case with Smallworks BrickCase

Legos have been quite popular among children for decades now and even among some adults. I know every time I see Lego pieces, I instantly feel nostalgic and consider if I should buy a set for old-time’s sake. Smallworks hit right at home with their new line of iPhone cases that let you play with Legos right on your iPhone as you can turn your case into any creation you can think of.

The whole idea of the Smallworks BrickCase is pretty simple. It works very similarly to any other iPhone case with the exception that it has little circular nubs that you can attach Lego pieces to. This allows people to create funky designs with their own Lego pieces. This leaves the design completely up to the user with the only downside of being possibly losing some Lego pieces on a wild night out.

Those of you who are interested in purchasing it can get one online for about $25 right now. The only downside to the case is that it doesn’t come with any set of Legos so if you want to make a cool looking creation or design your case, you’re stuck finding pieces of your own. The reason this is the case is because Smallworks would have to earn Lego Engineer accreditation and that Lego also doesn’t feel that the cases are “artistic enough.”

Is this something that you see yourself getting?

Source: Smallworks via Gizmodo

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's a cool concept but I think it looks uncomfortable to have in your pocket
    Devices
    iPod Touch 8gb 2nd Gen jailbroken 4.2.1
    iPhone 3GS 8gb new boot rom jailbroken 5.1.1
    iPhone 4S 16gb Stock 5.1.1

Thanks

Its Lego not Legos, Lego is the singular and the plural, the same as sheep.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spazturtle View Post
    Its Lego not Legos, Lego is the singular and the plural, the same as sheep.
    It seams to be an American thing all my American friends say Legos and its dam annoying!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pegitt View Post
    It seams to be an American thing all my American friends say Legos and its dam annoying!
    In usage it's actually Lego Blocks and with blocks being plural when used in slain the word blocks is dropped and the S added to Legos. There's other examples of this same usage.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sorry to correct you but there lego bricks not blocks!

I'm sure Ole Kirk Christiansen would also agree its LEGO!

And I have a perfect understanding of the English language, but thanks for trying to educate me on a known fact it's LEGO.
    Last edited by pegitt; 01-10-2013 at 01:42 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

To be a grammar guru your comprehension skills are past repulsive. I didn't say that it was RIGHT I said it's slain. To be perfectly clear Lego isn't even an actual word it's a term the inventor coined. IE: Slinky

Thanks

Ugliest case ever!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Case meh.... for those of you going on about what the story is calling them, plural or calling them blocks instead of bricks... get a life ffs.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bradmullins007 View Post
    To be a grammar guru your comprehension skills are past repulsive. I didn't say that it was RIGHT I said it's slain. To be perfectly clear Lego isn't even an actual word it's a term the inventor coined. IE: Slinky
    I never said I was a grammar guru and I admit it can be bad but that's the down side of dyslexia.

Anyway to quote what lego used to have when you visited Legos.com

“The word LEGO is a brand name, and is very special to all of us in the LEGO Group Companies. We would sincerely like your help in keeping it special. Please always refer to our products as “LEGO bricks or toys” and not “LEGOS.” By doing so, you will be helping to protect and preserve a brand of which we are very proud, and that stands for quality the world over. Thank you!”

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Lègò blōcks actually

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Generally, many of them are prefer the iPhone cases, it provides added environmental protection against bumps, scratches, chips and dirt. Preserves access to all buttons and features such as case does not block volume and mute buttons, camera lens, flash or dock connector. The idea which is with the Lego on iPhone cases are really very nice thought, most of them are interesting to play.