+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'DismissMyKeyboard' Gives You An Easy Way to Dismiss the Keyboard in Any App

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'DismissMyKeyboard' Gives You An Easy Way to Dismiss the Keyboard in Any App

In some iOS applications, you can double-tap somewhere outside of the keyboard to dismiss it; however, this isnít the case with all applications in iOS. For those pesky applications that have no obvious way of dismissing the keyboard, a new free jailbreak tweak dubbed DismissMyKeyboard by iOS developer iAmharic can make dismissing the keyboard simple and fast.

DismissMyKeyboard allows you to simply swipe from the Space key to the Return key on the keyboard to hide the keyboard from sight. If you have SwipeSelection installed too, you will need to swipe from the Space key to the Return key and then tap on the Return key to dismiss the keyboard.

DismissMyKeyboard is useful for those situations where you want to hide the keyboard to see more content on the screen. The keyboard isnít exactly small, so the amount of screen real estate that youíll get back is pretty significant. When you are ready to type again, you can just tap in the text field and the keyboard will appear once more so you can begin typing.

You will have to have iOS 5 or later to install DismissMyKeyboard. The tweak doesnít come with any options to configure, as it will become effective as soon as you respring your device after installation. It's a free tweak, so give it a try!

Have you tried DismissMyKeyboard yet?

Name: DismissMyKeyboard
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 5+
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: iAmharic
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

There's already a nice tweak that does this called pull to dismiss by Ryan pertich. Pull to dismiss implements it just like in the iOS messages app.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No I haven't, because I'm still waiting for my iPhone 5 jailbreak.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Anthony can u plz help me

I need help. I'm on iPhone 5 6.0 and I'm trying to update to 6.0.2 but I keep getting iTunes error 3194 and it won't update?? OTA won't work either. please help!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlevine54 View Post
    Anthony can u plz help me

I need help. I'm on iPhone 5 6.0 and I'm trying to update to 6.0.2 but I keep getting iTunes error 3194 and it won't update?? OTA won't work either. please help!!
    Try updating on another computer

Green Apple
    Thanks

I did, no luck

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple.com

Error 1004, 1013, 1638, 3194: These errors may be the result of the connection to gs.apple.com being redirected or blocked. Follow these steps to resolve these errors:

Install the latest version of iTunes.
    Check security software. Ensure that communication to gs.apple.com is allowed. Follow this article for assistance with security software. iTunes for Windows: Troubleshooting security software issues.
    Check the hosts file. The restore will fail if there is an active entry to redirect gs.apple.com. Follow iTunes: Advanced iTunes Store troubleshooting to edit the hosts file or revert to a default hosts file. See section "Blocked by configuration: (Mac OS X/Windows) > Rebuild network information".
    Try to restore from another known-good computer and network.
    If the errors persist on another computer, the device may need service.