Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'TorchNC' Adds a Great-looking Flashlight Toggle to Notification Center

Default 'TorchNC' Adds a Great-looking Flashlight Toggle to Notification Center

For those of you that are tired of browsing the App Store for the perfect flashlight application, you can relax now – the jailbreak community has you covered. TorchNC is a new free widget for Notification Center by iOS developer ravirajm that allows you to toggle the rear-facing LED flash so it can be used as a flashlight when you need it.

The widget’s style is modeled after the iOS 6-style share widgets that allows you to Post to Facebook or Tweet to Twitter. When you tap on the widget, your LED flash will illuminate and the widget’s text and objects will turn a yellow color to indicate that the light is turned on. When you tap it again, the LED flash will turn off and the text and objects will turn their original color to indicate that the light is turned off.

You can enable and disable the widget at any time by simply dragging it in and out of the Notification Center widget group from the Notifications preferences pane. The tweak works with both iOS 5 and iOS 6.

It’s a very simple and free flashlight alternative to an App Store application. It doesn’t come with ads, like a lot of free flashlight applications in the App Store do, and everyone can find a flashlight to be useful somehow in their daily lives. TorchNC has no options to configure, and you’ll find it in Cydia’s ModMyi repository today.

Name: TorchNC
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iPhone 4 or newer running iOS 5+
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: ravirajm
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

weeflashlight does exactly this since ever. Free, too, no ads. This is just a copy

Jailbreak has you covered. Unless of course you have a new fangled iPhone 5. Then of course you are still in jail and can't even easily toggle 4G or Wifi or really do anything that Apple hasn't figured out or wants you to do.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a 5 so can't remember but doesn't NC Settings also has a flashlight toggle?

I installed it an it wouldn't respring nor add it to NC.. It does add it to setting tough (uselessly)

I know WeeFlashLight does this since ever. But TorchNC looks a lot better, it is designed like the iOS 6 Twitter/Facebook widget.

Quote Originally Posted by ProTeamOtto View Post
    I installed it an it wouldn't respring nor add it to NC.. It does add it to setting tough (uselessly)
    You need to go to Settings > General > Notifications > TorchNC > And Enable it there.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eightyk88 View Post
    Jailbreak has you covered. Unless of course you have a new fangled iPhone 5. Then of course you are still in jail and can't even easily toggle 4G or Wifi or really do anything that Apple hasn't figured out or wants you to do.
    Oh so true...stuck in jail again.....

I definitely like this tweak's name.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,342 Times in 2,108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rvirajm View Post
    I know WeeFlashLight does this since ever. But TorchNC looks a lot better, it is designed like the iOS 6 Twitter/Facebook widget.

You need to go to Settings > General > Notifications > TorchNC > And Enable it there.
    Can this be made to run on the lockscreen? Currently I use activator to enable my torch just by holding down the Home button for slightly longer than normal for instant use. Nothing worse than unlocking this and opening this. Instant is best
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Yes you can but you have to add another tweak which I can say is well worth the money
    It's called Bulletin .99 cent's and allow's you to have your Nc in lock screen like lock info and intellascreenX .. You can just pull it down or have it as your lock screen.i haven't tried Torch yet but I will now.