+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Secured 53% of Smartphone Sales in Final Weeks of 2012

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default iPhone Secured 53% of Smartphone Sales in Final Weeks of 2012

For the twelve-week period ending November 25, 2012, Apple's iPhone represented more than half (53%) of all smartphone sales in the United States - the first time this feat has been achieved by Apple since the touchscreen smartphone was launched in 2007.

According to data released Monday by Kantar Worldpanel ComTech, Android's sales share dipped 10.9% to 41.9% of the market as November drew to a close. Both iOS and Android continued to blow away Windows, which was wedged in third place with just 2.7% of smartphone sales.

“The iPhone 5 has been successful this period however we also see that Apple’s older models – the iPhone 4S and 4 have also contributed to the growing share of iOS,” says Kantar Worldpanel ComTech analyst Mary-Ann Parlato. “This is particularly the case for first-time smartphone iPhone buyers where we see the older models still selling well amongst this group.”

Kantar research shows that 27% of individuals who purchased an iPhone in November 2012 upgraded from another smartphone OS, while 34% upgraded from a previous iPhone model. Interestingly - and impressively - nearly 40% of iPhone buyers were purchasing their first smartphone.

Source: Kantar Worldpanel ComTech

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Ya well the S3 took a GIANT bite out of apple sales. In 100 days Samsung sold 30mil S3 units. This coming march the new S4 will have the lead again, it is rumored to have an expansive Full HD 5-inch Super AMOLED display with a stunning 1920 x 1080p. So I ask my self, should I wait till october for the iPhone 5S? It will be faster, come in different colors, and if we are lucky maybe NFC built-in. For the first time in 5 years I may be trying android.
    Last edited by hogcia; 01-08-2013 at 12:18 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Ya well the S3 took a GIANT bite out of apple sales. In 100 days Samsung sold 30mil S3 units. This coming march the new S4 will have the lead again, it is rumored to have an expansive Full HD 5-inch Super AMOLED display with a stunning 1920 x 1080p. So I ask my self, should I wait till october for the iPhone 5S? It will be faster, come in different colors, and if we are lucky maybe NFC built-in. For the first time in 5 years I may be trying android.
    Hey I think you're wrong!
    I heard the new S4 will have a 55" display!...and you can use it as a TV too!

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    Don't be a jealous idiot.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

Wrong. It will be 6ft and have a door on it and will be called iFridge. You can keep your drinks cool with it! Awesome!

Sneak preview -

http://images.samsung.com/is/image/samsung/uk_RL56GWGBP1-XEU_001_Front_black_thumb?$S2-Thumbnail$

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Actually it was 30 million units since it's launch about 7 months ago, double the 100 days you claim.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shark101au View Post
    Actually it was 30 million units since it's launch about 7 months ago, double the 100 days you claim.
    Pretty sure it was 20 million in 100 days. If memory serves me right.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Does it come with an awesome stand that we won't be able to get Rid of too?! That'd be my buying point, if It does I most certainly have to buy one!

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

How do you figure the S3 took a giant bite out of Apple sales after reading this article?? Did you not read the part that says Apple has never had this big of the market share for ANY period....EVER?
    El Zurdo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Fridgtoaster
    Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Wrong. It will be 6ft and have a door on it and will be called iFridge. You can keep your drinks cool with it! Awesome!

Sneak preview -

http://images.samsung.com/is/image/samsung/uk_RL56GWGBP1-XEU_001_Front_black_thumb?$S2-Thumbnail$
    You are not fully correct, it also has toaster inside the Fridge.
    You can store food in there, then it come out been toasted.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Look like the population of dumb *** is growing too
    Don't be a jealous idiot.
    Look like the population of dumb *** is growing too