Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hyundai Vehicles to Support Apple’s Siri Eyes Free

Thanks

Default Hyundai Vehicles to Support Apple’s Siri Eyes Free

As many of you probably already know, the Consumer Electronics Show is taking place this week, which means a slew of announcements are being made. The car manufacturer, Hyundai, recently announced a number of new vehicle technologies, including integration with Apple’s Siri-powered “Eyes Free” mode. New Hyundai vehicles will integrate their infotainment systems with Apple’s voice-driven personal assistant software. This in turns requires a compatible iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch running iOS 6.

This announcement makes Hyundai the tenth major auto maker to announce support for Sire Eyes Free control. Others include Audi, BMW, Chrysler, Honda, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Toyota, and GM, which announced support for its Chevy Spark and Sonic models in November. Apple originally announced Siri Eyes Free in June when the company took the wraps off the iOS 6 mobile operating system. With Hands Free, the iPhone screen stays off, so it won’t distract the driver and Siri talks back to a user out loud, allowing them to keep their eyes on the road, hence the name Siri Eyes Free.

For those of you who drive a Hyundai or are planning to buy one, as mentioned before, support for Apple’s Siri Eyes Free is just one of a number of technology driven announcements the manufacturer made. Others include the following:

• Dragon Drive: Developed by Nuance, this automotive-grade voice services platform enables drivers to speak naturally and conversationally with in-car systems for tasks such as dictating messages, searching for music, finding real-time weather and asking for directions.
    • Mobile High-Definition Link: Delivers 1080p60 uncompressed video with up to eight channels of digital audio from a mobile device to a dashboard display, all while charging the device.
    • Next-Generation Hardware: Hyundai's new vehicles will feature the latest hardware with high-resolution multi-touch displays, Bluetooth 4.0, and Wi-Fi/3G connectivity options.
    Do any of you find the technology to be something you'd like to take advantage of?

Source: Hyundai via The Loop
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 01-07-2013 at 11:53 PM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

I'd use it!!! (Don't think I want a Hyundai tho :/)

"Next-Generation Hardware: ............Bluetooth 3.0" = Typo or #Fail

If this came with a Siri with tits & a vagina I still wouldn't buy a Hyundai.

I'm just being objective, but don't knock the new Hyundai's.. They're not like the ones of old.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustangfrnk View Post
    I'm just being objective, but don't knock the new Hyundai's.. They're not like the ones of old.
    Seriously. Glad I'm not buying a new car right now because I'd have to really consider those new hyundais. Very impressive vehicles, given the ratings and prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
    If this came with a Siri with tits & a vagina I still wouldn't buy a Hyundai.
    I completely agree. But I'd still get a Hyundai over a Honda any day.

However, Ford needs to do something with Siri in their cars, this applink thing they're doing sucks donkey balls.

Hyundai has come a long way since the Excel. 5 years ago I would have said the same thing as you. All i can say is test drive a Sonata Turbo or Genesis. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

I wonder if siri can recognize a drunk voice. That way she could guide you straight to the police station.

Quote Originally Posted by kalpesh78 View Post
    i wonder if siri can recognize a drunk voice. That way she could guide you straight to the police station.
    lmfao xd:d
    Don't live by other people's rules... Live by your OWN!!!
    Why settle for less if you can have sooo much more!!!