+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Griffin Announces New Charging Solutions for iDevices

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Griffin Announces New Charging Solutions for iDevices

Griffin announced an interesting charging solution for the iDevice inclined yesterday, the Power Dock 5.

The $99.99 charging station allows users to easily organize and charge up to five iOS devices. The devices rest vertically between clear dividers allowing all five devices to take up as much desk space as an iPad laid flat.

PowerDock 5 is the ultimate space-saving, countertop charging and storage solution for up to 5 iPads. Designed for convenience and efficiency, PowerDock 5 contains five charging bays large enough to accommodate an iPad encased in even the largest of cases, including Griffin's own Survivor case. When not in use, PowerDock 5 keeps all the users' device cables tucked away and organized, ready for use at any time. — Griffin
    Judging by the dock’s design users will be able to charge any of their portable devices that utilize a standard USB charger. The white minimalistic design is Apple-esque, but a simple change in color could remedy any second thoughts for the Apple weary. Unless the unit comes with the shorter charging cables pictured, the $99 price will tough to swallow for most.

Griffin announced their new PowerBlock ($29.99) wall charger and the PowerJolt ($24.99) car charger. The devices look like your standard wall and car chargers, but save for a new “ChargeSensor” technology that senses a device’s power profile and adjusts based on the requirements of the device.

All of Griffin’s new charging peripherals will be available this spring.

Source: Engadget [via MacRumors]

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

looks like something from 1974 ! YUK!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

What are you expecting? I think it's great. I was actually telling my wife we needed a charging dock and this looks like it woudl fit the bill exactly. I'm not looking for a desk accent piece, I'm looking for something practical to charge my familied iDevices.

Banned
    Thanks
    $99 for that monstrosity?! No thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Looks like a file separator yet something for electronics. YUCK! Design it so that It matches Apple's nice sleek style not like a cheap piece of plastic.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Eventhough the looks are average, i think utility wise it's nice.

Thanks

I rather place my iPhone charging on the edge of the counter by itself rather then have all of them in one place and have me nephew tip them all at once. Plus this could be done easily with some basic house holds and creatively, and the tag price is set as much AppleCare+ umm no.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Thanks

"allowing all five devices to take up as much desk space as an iPad laid flat."

More like 10 ipads laid flat on top of each other. That thing is pretty tall.

Put it in your kitchen. When you aren't using it to charge electronics it can also store pieces of toast. With the clear dividers you can quickly see which pieces have butter and jam on them.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

I actually like this. My family has three iPhones, one iPod touch & the ipad & we could use something like this. Time to order a cheap USB hub from eBay and gets to work! Thanks for the idea