Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple: App Store Up to 40 Billion Application Downloads

Default Apple: App Store Up to 40 Billion Application Downloads

The App Store is one of the most popular application stores available today, and Apple once again illustrates their dominance in the field by showing off that the App Store has had over 40 billion application downloads to date – 20 billion of these being in 2012 alone. Apple claims that these numbers only count unique downloads, and not re-downloads or updates of applications.

Apple continues by saying that the App Store has over 775,000 unique applications for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad – 300,000 of which are designed specifically for the iPad. It is also shared that the App Store has over 500 million user accounts, which are used to download these applications on Apple's devices.

With Apple’s iOS devices being as popular as they are, it’s no wonder that so many developers have brought their creations to the App Store. Apple takes a 30% cut from developers’ sale revenue for hosting their work in Apple’s App Store, and developers get 70% of that, which isn't too bad, since developers get to choose their asking price.

In years to come, as more people adopt iOS devices, it is expected that the number of applications will only continue to grow at large rates. Developers always find ways to create useful applications that take advantage of the device’s hardware, or even have more functionality than Apple’s stock applications. At the same time however, many not-so-useful applications manage to find their way in.

Sources: Apple

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

But why did i update my phone to 6.0.. Lol, im about to buy a Samsung Galaxy. And how can the devs take advantage of anything on such a locked down phone. Its pretty sad IMO.

Thanks

It does suck when you upgrade but 6.0 is still can be jailbroken. Its 6.0.1 that cannot. Pretty drastic to go to Droid because of no JB but to each his/her own. I like the ease of use and the what seems to be millions of apps in comparison to Androids smaller app offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    It does suck when you upgrade but 6.0 is still can be jailbroken. Its 6.0.1 that cannot. Pretty drastic to go to Droid because of no JB but to each his/her own. I like the ease of use and the what seems to be millions of apps in comparison to Androids smaller app offerings.
    iOS 6.0 and iOS 6.0.1 can both be jailbroken tethered on limera1n devices.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    ease of use? lmao. Android's smaller app offerings? really? outta 700,000 apps you've tried them all? and out of 700,000 apps you mean you cant find a handful to fill up your 16Gb of space on your phone?

iOS offers anything but ease of use my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    iOS 6.0 and iOS 6.0.1 can both be jailbroken tethered on limera1n devices.
    why all the fuss over jailbreaking? is it really that important?

The fuss over J/B for me is my i4 lacks in some area's that are helpful to me. After 30 year's at 30,000ft
    in a dim office my eye's can use all the help they can get so I use flux to make easier to read and I like to hear who's calling with out looking at it and trying to read a small screen,so I have to JB it to get icallannounce and flux and Tetherme to just be able to send a MMS.
    A friend who had a i4 was showing me that his stock galaxy did all the things that make life easier.But the
    biggest thing was he had ilauncher which was nice,I was thinking how nice it would be to have a real iphone with the big screen to read on.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vtails View Post
    The fuss over J/B for me is my i4 lacks in some area's that are helpful to me. After 30 year's at 30,000ft
    in a dim office my eye's can use all the help they can get so I use flux to make easier to read and I like to hear who's calling with out looking at it and trying to read a small screen,so I have to JB it to get icallannounce and flux and Tetherme to just be able to send a MMS.
    A friend who had a i4 was showing me that his stock galaxy did all the things that make life easier.But the
    biggest thing was he had ilauncher which was nice,I was thinking how nice it would be to have a real iphone with the big screen to read on.
    dim office at 30,000 feet? Airline pilot or a cabin on Mt. Everest? go big, get a Galaxy Note.