+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weekly Tweak Recap Dec. 31 - Jan. 6

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
In case you've missed out on the new jailbreak tweaks Cydia has seen, this recap will highlight the tweaks we've shown you this week. These are in no specific order.
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Weekly Tweak Recap Dec. 31 - Jan. 6

In case you've missed out on the new jailbreak tweaks Cydia has seen, this recap will highlight the tweaks we've shown you this week. These are in no specific order.

1. StatusTab – FREE

StatusTab is a new free jailbreak tweak that replaced the Notification Center grabber in full-screen applications with the Status Bar when you pull down from the top of the display. You can choose to have the default silver Status Bar, black opaque Status Bar, or a black transparent Status Bar when you pull down. You can pull down a second time after the Status Bar appears to show Notification Center. The tweak is great for anyone that wants easier access to the Status Bar information in full-screen applications, such as the time, battery percentage, and signal strength.

2. iOS 6 Weather – FREE

iOS 6 Weather is a new free theme for tweaking your iOS 5 weather application to look more like the iOS 6 weather application. The theme replaces the background so that it has the new iOS 6 appearance and it works in both the main view and the expanded hourly view. It’s an easy and free adjustment that we can use to make our iOS 5 devices feel more like iOS 6 devices as we wait for the untethered iOS 6 jailbreak to come out. Check it out!

Stay tuned for next week's Weekly Tweak Recap - only on ModMyi!

If you missed our previous Weekly Tweak Recap, you can view it from this link.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 884 Posts

Not Cydia but a tweak none-the-less.

CustomCarrierLogo - Windows - Should defo be #1.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post

+1
    ...and CarrierEditor, the original Mac version!!!

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post

But the only bad thing about it is that it doesnt have all the carriers ( im not sure if having the "other" option is possible ) my phone is GSM and on a carrier named " touch " :/

Banned
    Thanks

They say jailbreaking is not dead... There used to be 10 top tweaks of the week now we get 2. I think thats proof its just about dead.

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    +1
    ...and CarrierEditor, the original Mac version!!!
    The Mac version didn't work for me but the Windows version works fine.

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StanSmith View Post
    They say jailbreaking is not dead... There used to be 10 top tweaks of the week now we get 2. I think thats proof its just about dead.
    Jailbreaking might have taken a hit with hackulo closing there app nevertheless that doesn't mean that jailbreaking is dead... Most people use jailbreaking to mod there phone ( at least these are the people i know )
    There are also many replacement for this app that shut down ( i cant name it coz mmi will star it out ) and I'm sure that there will be even better replacement showing up soon.

Plus a lot of people got the iphone 5 which unfortunately doesn't have a jailbreak yet :/

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StanSmith View Post
    It's only because the developers that were once on the previous latest operating system (iOS 5.1.1) are now upgrading to the new iPhone 5, iOS 6 and such.

Jailbreaking is far from dead, but they can't effectively develop tweaks until the iPhone 5/iOS 6 jailbreak is released so they can test it on their new devices. Many of them probably got rid of their iOS 5.1.1 devices.

That being said, few developers are able to make tweaks at the moment. You hear it all over Twitter.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    It's only because the developers that were once on the previous latest operating system (iOS 5.1.1) are now upgrading to the new iPhone 5, iOS 6 and such.

Jailbreaking is far from dead, but they can't effectively develop tweaks until the iPhone 5/iOS 6 jailbreak is released so they can test it on their new devices. Many of them probably got rid of their iOS 5.1.1 devices.

That being said, few developers are able to make tweaks at the moment. You hear it all over Twitter.
    Thank you! Glad a few others understand!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Apple probably has been hard at work to stop it and it does look like there close.
    Just like the days of playing with DAVE and Charlie,they finally put an end to it,
    But reading the twiiter post from Planet and saying that there is a Jailbreak's for i5
    un tethered,but It seems odd that they won't release an untether J/B for ios6.it is strange
    that we only see 2 maybe 3 tweaks,I was impressed by the review of Auxo so I bought it
    and now I really wish I saved my 1.99 basically you get the same app switcher with new icon's
    and feature of turning off 3G Data Wifi bluetooth which you can do free with NCsetting's..

Banned
    Thanks

I now have 5 other apps that do the same thing. When I is taken offline another 5 show up. It is true for this.

I've been reading all over the net not just on twitter that a lot of people have moved to Android devices as they don't need to be jailbroken as everything you jailbreak for is standard on androids. If its not standard it's in the store for free.

mod edit, piracy/warez references removed.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 01-17-2013 at 12:16 PM.